Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Do I Have A Chance? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do I Have A Chance? (971 Views)

How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation / How To Get A Job Or Possibly Increase You Chance Of Getting A Job In Nigeria / University Of Oxford Nigeria Scholarship; Apply Now, Great Chance For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Have A Chance? by fearless07(f): 9:08am On Sep 01, 2014
My fellow Nairalanders, there is an issue that has been bugging me for some time and I need your advice. I graduated with a 2.1 in Georgaphy and Planning from one of the state universities in 2012. I got married that same year and became pregnant almost immediately. I had my son in 2013 and I started searching for jobs. I got one as a marketer in a real estate company in feb 2014. The issue now is that I am not fulfilled. Going to work is not fun to me. I got fed up months ago but I was still going just because I don't want to stay at home. I am restricted when applying for jobs due to my age (33). I have made up my mind to resign this month. I want to work to get experience and also go into business later. I get depressed sometimes because I know am not the lazy type but things are not working out. Am at home today because my son is sick but to be honest , I don't feel am missing anything by not going to work because I don't enjoy the job. Please advice me on the next step. What are my chances of getting a good job considering my age and lack of experience? Sorry for the long epistle.
Re: Do I Have A Chance? by benzion72(m): 9:15am On Sep 01, 2014
Sit down and examine the situation. Why dont you have interest in your job. Is it not rewarding, is it too stressful. What can you do to pep up your interest in the job. Can you be more grateful for the job. Do you realize the fact that the token you are getting will go along way to help you and your family. DO you know some people even want the job you are planning to leave. Also at 33 you are not too old, some employer want more mature people for a their job. You can get jobs that are not entrant level. Also you can examine your interest that can be converted to a source of income
Re: Do I Have A Chance? by psucc(m): 9:18am On Sep 01, 2014
While marketing the company's product you can as well market yourself to the company's clients - tell them you are looking for a job or hand them your CV. But you must keep your present job while searching for another or planning for your dream business.

1 Like

Re: Do I Have A Chance? by Victorakats(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2014
my dear it is well with you.
One thing you should know at this point in your life is that anything is possible and everything is possible with God. So the idea of whether you can get a job at your age shouldnt arise cos you can.
For those who know what marketing is all about, you cant get fulfilment doing a marketing job.
What came to my mind while i meditated on your challenge is what if you do masters and enroll as a lecturer, that will be a best bet but i dont know how much you have or how much your hubby can invest to see you become fulfilled in life.
While i wont advice you quit the job, i'll not encourage you to work in a place where you arent even happy cos it'll add much more stress to you and will negatively affect your family.
Finally, you aint a failure and you have alot of virtue in you.
With one year of experience or so, you can get a better job that may not be marketing or you can go for some professional certification programmes that will reposition you to discover your passion and your happiness in life.
In all your decisions, please make your happiness the priority and you'll never regret your life at all.
Re: Do I Have A Chance? by fearless07(f): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thanks @ benzion72, psucc and victorakats. I really appreciate your kind words and encouragement. Sorry I have not been online for sometime so I wasn't able to reply. Like I said,I don't enjoy the job. I took up the job because I didn't want to stay at home and I didn't have an option. Apart from the fact that the job is stressful, there is no salary, only commission. you have to transport yourself going out to look for clients, feed, make calls and also take them to site. My husband also does not like the job. He says he doesn't like a job where I would be going up and down that I should get an office job.
N. B - I resigned on monday the 15th after taking out time to think about it. I am attending a computer class just to brush up my computer skills . Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Distributors Wanted / SCAM: Senator's Daughter Fb Acc "Vivian Chukwumerije" Offering Shell Job #beware / Business Development Executives Recruitment At Quasar Capital Limited, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.