Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 (66343 Views)

Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 / Nigeria Vs Sudan - AFCON Qualifier (0 - 1) ON 11th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by adamskutty(m): 11:09am On Sep 08, 2014
We will use anger to trash,whip and dismantle those good for nothing parasitic drug addicts in their cave grin grin

The super eagles player should be careful cos loads of those bantus will throw themselves at them (the sheboons ).

I dont wanna hear punny is a punny buhaha grin grin cos aids is real and besides they are slaves with bald head and yam legs grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by mcfarlin(m): 11:26am On Sep 08, 2014
I can't wait for the super eagles to rape this stupiid&useless team called bafana bafana

All doz foolish oblong headed hiv infected southafricans on social media never allow us rest since they beat lowly sudan. angry
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by nwachinemelu(m): 11:30am On Sep 08, 2014
Una don start with una bad mouth again! Mtchweee,,,,una eye go open wen dis south africans dude go beat us well
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Dreyl(m): 11:33am On Sep 08, 2014
We will räpe S.a badly.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by OLEBRUKU(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2014
Till then, i comment my reserve...
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by safarigirl(f): 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Game will not hold cuz Nigeria has been suspended by FIFA today
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by dabossman(m): 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
safarigirl: Game will not hold cuz Nigeria has been suspended by FIFA today

That's not true dear. Word is that Chris Giwa has vacated the NFF office that was never his to start with.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by dabossman(m): 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2014
My take on the Congo game.

I believe it was a case of over-confidence on the part of the players and the technical crew. However, I'm not one of those to say "off with Keshi's head" because of this loss. The truth is we see these things happen all the time in World football. You have 2 or 3 games in a space of 5-7 day; chances are that you will look at the opposition and say to yourself Team A seems the tougher opponent, I think I can handle Team B without using my best 11, so you rest a few key players. We see this in the top leagues all the time. An Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea have 3 games in 7 days; let's say Leicester on Sunday in the Premier League, Barcelona or Madrid or PSG on Wednesday in the UCL and then Tottenham on Saturday in the league. The coach is likely to rest some key players for the UCL game in the belief that Leicester is easy prey. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it backfires. That's what Keshi did, by not starting Emenike, but sadly it back-fired. I may blame him for that but I won't say he has done something that is unheard of. He gambled and it failed. It is what coaches do.

The players also share in the blame. We may all question Keshi's tactical and technical abilities, but that is also dependent on the tactical and technical ability of the players at his disposal. The first Congolese goal showed a lack of tactical sense by Oboabona. An opposing player takes you on a mazy run down your flanks and is heading for you 18-yard box. You know you are loosing out on the race, the simple solution is to foul him. Yellow card and free-lick is the most that will happen. He wasn't the last man, neither was it a direct attempt at goal. I remember Paolo Maldini at USA 94 pulling such a stunt on Yekini. Maldini was the last man in defence and Yekini was about to go past him with pace. Maldini grabbed his arm and wrestled him to the floor. Sadly for us, then the straight red card for a professional foul had not been introduced, so all he got was a yellow; but he averted a one-on-one with Yekini and his goalie. I don't think Keshi is the one that will teach Oboabona that. Onazi also conceded an unnecessary penalty when all that was required was to force the Congolese player away from our goal. He had no business hacking the opposing player from behind like that. I don't believe Keshi is the one that will teach him that.

We need to take another look at our developmental programme. Sadly, we take so much pride in our monkey post, street football academies, thinking skill and physical prowess is all we need to succeed in football. Like Okocha once said, what a 12 year old kid in Europe knows tactically and technically about football, the African player is still struggling to learn at 18 or 19. That's one of the reasons an African team is still struggling to win the World Cup.

As for the NFF palavar? Well, what can I say? A house divided against itself cannot stand. Hopefully we can get our act together against South Africa. let the NFF hold their elections, employ a coach (keshi or whoever they want) and let us face the remaining 5 games with all seriousness.

My humble submission.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by mbiasluv(f): 3:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
grin
philantoxx: if I waste my time on DAT match.make I faint.
I will definitly answer u on dat Day lol
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
Miss, are you merely anticipating the ban or is it really true that nigeria has been banned? what i see all over the internet is that Giwa has stepped aside , which means we will no longer be axed

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by 14(m): 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
I am just here to read comments, i will comment after the game.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by philantoxx(m): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
so keshi invited uches to get his scape goat when he fails again
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by philantoxx(m): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2014
mbiasluv: ;DI will definitly answer u on dat Day lol
will be vindicated..
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by philantoxx(m): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
Emmysteve: Even a dead rat won't notice if you miss the match.
on that day hope you don't chew your nails off
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Tonylyte(m): 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
adamskutty: ebola what ? Only 1 index case in ur lords country grin

U eater of human u have no right whatsoever to use the world cannibal on me,humans meat is a delicacy among y all backward bantus,especially that of albinos cry cry grin grin embarassed

Destruction mood! Easy bro...we are kinda class of equal with s.a....i only get vexed when tangible ghana comes to rub shoulder with us.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by priscaoge(f): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Emmysteve: Even a dead rat won't notice if you miss the match.
Guy Y u wicked 4 mouth like thischeesycheesycheesycheesycheesy*falls 4rm my bedcheesycheesy*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Tonylyte(m): 8:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
Scaremonger!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by clement092(m): 2:58am On Sep 09, 2014
South africa 1 nigeria 2
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by NadiaSA1(f): 6:58am On Sep 09, 2014
Krasid: Nigeria 2-1 South africa.Nigeria will always beat SA.
not this time !
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2014
..THIS MATCH SHOULD BE A REPLAY OF MAN U VS ARSENAL 8:2 IN FAVOUR OF NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by ichommy(m): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2014
wink
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by nickz(m): 9:53am On Sep 09, 2014
do banana-banana still play football??
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Biggyblackk(m): 9:56am On Sep 09, 2014
The super eagles always like playin on probability,we had the chance of qualifying this time witout calculation...but they messed up.....hmmmm i hope Ike UCHE will come and clean up the mess for them..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2014
INSTINCTS: ..THIS MATCH SHOULD BE A REPLAY OF MAN U VS ARSENAL 8:2 IN FAVOUR OF NIGERIA.

`8-2 in favour of Nigeria? This is what I don't like.
why would someone say Nigeria will score 8 goals in a match? Does that look realistic?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by 3coins(m): 10:11am On Sep 09, 2014
The game is at 8pm
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by oluwasegun007(m): 10:16am On Sep 09, 2014
Am optimistic about tomorrow's match, but the major issue is that our middle-field is not creative & our attack is less productive, as in, no spectacular striker
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Segadem(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2014
3coins: The game is at 8pm
I don't know what is wrong with Africa with their timing? Before last match (Nig vs Congo )d media,hard copy and soft copy said d match will be played by 4' and we all know what happened.So if a match will b played in our country and we cant confidently predict d time then something is wrong.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by 3coins(m): 10:40am On Sep 09, 2014
Segadem: I don't know what is wrong with Africa with their timing? Before last match (Nig vs Congo )d media,hard copy and soft copy said d match will be played by 4' and we all know what happened.So if a match we b played in our country and we can confidently predict d time then something is wrong.
yeah,that is something i find very funny,i read an article on goal yesterday. . .it was revealed there that the match is going to be 8pm
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by honeric01(m): 10:43am On Sep 09, 2014
dabossman: The first Congolese goal showed a lack of tactical sense by Oboabona. An opposing player takes you on a mazy run down your flanks and is heading for you 18-yard box. You know you are loosing out on the race, the simple solution is to foul him. Yellow card and free-lick is the most that will happen. He wasn't the last man, neither was it a direct attempt at goal. I remember Paolo Maldini at USA 94 pulling such a stunt on Yekini. Maldini was the last man in defence and Yekini was about to go past him with pace. Maldini grabbed his arm and wrestled him to the floor. Sadly for us, then the straight red card for a professional foul had not been introduced, so all he got was a yellow; but he averted a one-on-one with Yekini and his goalie. I don't think Keshi is the one that will teach Oboabona that.

Oboabona or Omeruo?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Emmysteve(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2014
honeric01:

Oboabona or Omeruo?
I wonder o
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 09, 2014
Austeenx:

`8-2 in favour of Nigeria? This is what I don't like.
why would someone say Nigeria will score 8 goals in a match? Does that look realistic?

Even if offered on a platter, this current Eagles can never put 8 past any opponent.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) On 10th September 2014 by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 09, 2014
And in other news, Keshi is bound to arrive in Cape Town today, and should be around for the team's training in the evening.
From a coach whose team, only 3 days ago, suffered a humiliating home defeat, one should expect better than what is playing out at the moment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Mohammed Salah Arrives Russia For World Cup (Photos) / Mane Forgets About Black Lives Matter Kneel As He Dashes Into Everton's Half / Best Soccer Prediction Site In D World With 96% Accuracy, Tested And Trusted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.