Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,410 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

Put Something In Folks, Don’t Take Anything Out Of Them - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Put Something In Folks, Don’t Take Anything Out Of Them (479 Views)

Some Nigeria Christian Practices That White People Don’t Do / I Dare Every Religious Folks / , (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Put Something In Folks, Don’t Take Anything Out Of Them by sidespin: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2014
PUT SOMETHING IN FOLKS, DON’T TAKE ANYTHING OUT OF THEM

One time a very outstanding Full Gospel minister—in fact he was a district supervisor—went home to be with the Lord. He was quite a bit older than his wife, and she was grief-stricken. My wife and I went to see her and she was virtually hysterical. I sat her down on a couch and said, "Now, you've been in the ministry with him for a good many years." She was just a girl when they were married, and he was 30 some years of age. I said, "He's lived his life out and has gone home to be with Jesus." I began to read Scripture to her.

You see, the Bible says the Word and the Spirit agree. And the Holy Spirit will take Scripture and comfort you. I began to read, "For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better," (Phil. 1:23). And I said, "Where has he gone?" She replied, "He's with Christ." I asked, "Well, what are you crying about?" She answered, "I don't know what I'm going to do." I said, "See, there you are, you're just thinking about yourself. If you had a son, and he phoned and said, 'Momma, the company I work for is promoting me, and I'm getting a hundred thousand dollars more each year,' wouldn't you be glad? You wouldn't start crying. You'd start rejoicing. He got an increase. Paul said, 'to die is gain.'" Before I got through talking, she was shouting. Her face lit up. She had forgotten about herself. About that time some other ministers drove up. I get aggravated at ministers sometimes when they don't tell people what the Bible says. You could hear these men crying by the time they got out of the car. They came to meet this widow with, "What are we going to do now?" You'd almost think Jesus had died.

The pastors got her distraught and crying. I said, "You know, the Lord hasn't died. You all are talking about 'what are we going to do now?' You still have Jesus. You still have the Holy Spirit. He is going to put you over." All the turmoil they went through was self-inflicted. About the time I'd get things straightened out, here would come another carload of preachers. If you could just get rid of the preachers sometimes, you'd have it made! You understand how I mean that, don't you? I'm talking about the ones who peddle doubt and unbelief. Three different times I got this woman back into the Word, and each time she began shouting. My wife and I went on to my next meeting in another state. I would have liked to have stayed for the funeral, but my meeting had already been advertised. The day the meeting began, a day after that pastor's funeral, his widow called us long distance.

She said, "Brother Hagin, talk to me; say that again. The only comfort I ever got, I got from you. Everybody else pulls me down and tears me apart." I told her the Scripture again. She knew it was in the Bible, but she wanted to hear it again. She said, "I could read it for myself, but it just helps to hear you say it." My wife and I talked to her long distance for about 45 minutes or an hour. That was on a Tuesday, and on Thursday of that week she called again. She said, "Brother and Sister Hagin, could I just come over there and stay with you during the meeting?" We said, "Why sure, come on over." We ran that particular meeting three weeks. She came over on Friday, and stayed two more weeks with us. She was so happy in the meetings—just smiling and enjoying the blessings of God. She said, "I'm going to be honest with you. Our own folks don't help you—they pull you down. They start crying and then I start crying. But I get around you and I start shouting. I'd rather shout than cry. I feel better shouting."

We told her we were glad to have her with us and finally she said, "I believe I'm strong enough now." She went back to her home state. From that meeting we went on to another meeting, and then we went back home. She called us there and said, "Could I fly over to Texas and spend a few days with you? Back here everybody talks so negatively. I never did see it before. Everybody who sees me says, 'Oh, you poor thing. What are you going to do?'" We told her, "Sure, come on. We'd be glad to have you."
If we can't put something in folks, let's not take anything out of them. The devil is already working on that. So let's not join forces with him. Some ministers of this woman's Full Gospel denomination heard she was with us and they wanted to come, too. By the time they got out of the car (and it had been four months since this man had gone to be with the Lord) you could hear them crying. Afterwards this woman told my wife, "I wish they hadn't come. They pull me right back down again." (Keneth E. Hagin)

Whisper this prayer with me, ‘Lord Jesus, I love You. I announce with my mouth that You are Lord of my life. I believe in my spirit that You came in the flesh, died, buried & rose on the 3rd day all because of me. I accept this fact. Thanks for saving me. I believe I’m born again. Holy Spirit, now I receive You by faith into my spirit, with the evidence of speaking in other tongues. Amen!

EMMEAUX EVANGELICAL
Knowing the Lord Jesus for yourself is my concern.
For FREE messages / materials / Q&A contact me on:
emmeaux3@yahoo.com 08033853236
Facebook (Jesus Wordz, emmeaux3@yahoo.com)

(1) (Reply)

Vatican Strikingly Changes Tone On Gays And Cohabitation / Why Did God Destroy Sodom And Gomorrah? / Wearing The Truth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.