Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,214 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words (22060 Views)

What Is The English Words For These Yoruba Words? / Some Nigerian-mangled English Words / Eight(8) English Words Derived From The Names Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by maygah(f): 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
na side boob they for there na, why NL they change am to side bosom
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by madskills(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
natureblack: If "Twerking" could find its way to Oxford English Dictionary then I don't see any big deal to these ones. Buh get to think of it,English is kinda hard

we'll begin with box,the plural is boxes,
But the plural of ox is oxen,not oxes
One fowl is goose,and two are called geese
Yet the plural of mouse is never called meese

You may find a lone mouse or a house full of mice;
but the plural of house is houses,not hice.
The plural of man is always men
But the plural of pan is never pen.

If I speak of a foot,and you show me two feet,
and I give you a book,would a pair be beek?
If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth
why shouldn't two booths be called beeth?

If the singular's this and the plural is these,
should the plural of kiss be ever called keese?

we speak of brother and also of brethren,
But though we say mother,we never say methren.
Then the masculine pronouns are he,his and him
But imagine the feminine ...........she,shis and shim.

#EnglishEnglishEnglish
BRos d sweeter d pronounciation d better it suits d purpose.sound affects change in spellings......u sef try pronoucin methren and odas and see how dey sound?not so cool joo
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by iykmora(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
maygah: na side boob they for there na, why NL they change am to side bosom
d auto-correct is still intact sis...you can no fit run frm am
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by duni04(m): 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
The english language is now a joke, we should all switch to mandarin or russian.
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by fightforchange1(f): 7:14pm On Sep 03, 2014
litetias:
How e take concern you? You nor go dey fight for sismance na bromance you carry for head.

cuz I like da word it's cool. cheesy
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by fightforchange1(f): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
litetias:
How e take concern you? You nor go dey fight for sismance na bromance you carry for head.

I'm diggjn sismance
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by Godiloveu(f): 7:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
natureblack: If "Twerking" could find its way to Oxford English Dictionary then I don't see any big deal to these ones. Buh get to think of it,English is kinda hard

#EnglishEnglishEnglish

These statements shud b added too:

Oga @ d top.... means d big Boss

Do the needfull... Means execute wrong official duty

Ordinary stealing is not corruption ...means those in govt positions can embezzle official/public fund as they so pleased

Na only you waka come?... Means did you come alone or you came alone?

Discovering more.....
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by litetias(m): 7:22pm On Sep 03, 2014
fightforchange1:

I'm diggjn sismance
Truth is girls can't have the same kind of friendship that guys do cos they are too flimsy. No offence but girls take offence easily
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by fightforchange1(f): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
litetias:
Truth is girls can't have the same kind of friendship that guys do cos they are too flimsy. No offence but girls take offence easily

ahhh...I.Don't take.offense easy.
wit muh gfs we could thro knives I wouldn't be mad....throw knives for fun .... poke fun.
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by litetias(m): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2014
fightforchange1:

ahhh...I.Don't take.offense easy.
wit muh gfs we could thro knives I wouldn't be mad....throw knives for fun .... poke fun.
I meant that girls who are friends most times end up worst enemies
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by fightforchange1(f): 8:21pm On Sep 03, 2014
litetias:
I meant that girls who are friends most times end up worst enemies

Not me....my friendsship is full proof and durable...it will last.
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by litetias(m): 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2014
fightforchange1:

Not me....my friendsship is full proof and durable...it will last.
That's good to know but what do you have to say about girls friendship in general does it last or is it doomed to fail?
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by ayukdaboss(m): 8:40pm On Sep 03, 2014
Padipadi: lazy mods
I tell you. My annoyance is that there are very many interesting threads people create everyday. They ignore them and constantly upload expired poo to the Front Page for reasons best known to them.
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by fightforchange1(f): 8:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
litetias:
That's good to know but what do you have to say about girls friendship in general does it last or is it doomed to fail?
In America...gals.duke it.out.by.clawing each other half to death....I think it's jealousy...and stupidity.. me I'm the kind that congradulate...and I'll think the person is awesome.
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by litetias(m): 9:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
fightforchange1:
In America...gals.duke it.out.by.clawing each other half to death....I think it's jealousy...and stupidity.. me I'm the kind that congradulate...and I'll think the person is awesome.
In America? You're being specific. Bros and sis who have better friendships?
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by fightforchange1(f): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2014
litetias:
In America? You're being specific. Bros and
sis who have better friendships?

No no no. the friendship r are.more abrasI've....
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by litetias(m): 9:44pm On Sep 03, 2014
fightforchange1:

No no no. the friendship r are.more abrasI've....
Thanks for clearing that up.
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by Abbey2sam(m): 5:08am On Sep 04, 2014
DikSin:

It seems nobody can talk to this simpleton causing nuisance here.

Let me tell u something u sonofadog, what u doing is damn wack. Stop it now before it gets too late.
Next time u try repeat this sh!:t, u'll have ur 4orckingSelf to blame.
Oloshi

#shegoat
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by DikSin(m): 5:37am On Sep 04, 2014
Abbey2sam:

#shegoat
Is dat what u are?
Odun merinla ain't no joke fa!
Oloshi oniranu, agbaya ato'le elepon wiwo cheesy
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by bliss2al(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2014
mtcheeeewn what's up wit dis frontpage ish sef
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by Padipadi(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2014
ayukdaboss:
I tell you. My annoyance is that there are very many interesting threads people create everyday. They ignore them and constantly upload expired poo to the Front Page for reasons best known to them.
na to ban dem sabi.
Including dr oga @ d top.
Dy just misbehave wt bans & forget dat dy can upset d traffic of dz site.
Soon, dy ll get a healthy rival.
Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by Iceman296: 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Ponder on this.

Re: Confirmed: Side Boob, YOLO, Cray Are Now English Words by SenatorJames(m): 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
True talk bro

#EnglishEnglishEnglish
but the plural of brother is brothers not brethren. Brethren is another word on his own, which can include both brothers and sisters.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Favourite Chinua Achebe's Quote / What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? / Sequel To "without A Silver Spoon" By Eddie Iroh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.