Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? (1363 Views)

What Softwares Are Used To Push Codes To A Live Website / Special Codes To Format Text On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by TheCode(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2014
Hi Everyone, especially the Python-ninjas, Python-gurus, Python-monks, and any other knowledgeable tech-master out there -

I wrote some codes in Python that performs a basic task (a series of simple calculations). My aim is to transform it into a mobile app with a user-friendly interface (nice big buttons, simple looking, you know the works wink ) so people would be able to appreciate my code.

Most people develop (at best) sweaty palms when they see the python environment or any MS Dos-looking environment for that matter, which is why it has become pertinent for me to transform the codes into a 'friendly' looking mobile app with friendly big buttons while my codes do the hard work from behind the scenes.

I anticipate your knowledgeable replies with gratitude... smiley

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by TheCode(m): 8:17am On Sep 03, 2014
If I cant turn it into a cross-platform app, I shall appreciate information on how I can turn it into an android application (at least)... but I believe the gurus we have in the building would know how to transform it into anything (even swahili grin cool )
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by umaryusuf(m): 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
You need to integrate ur code to the kivy.org framework.

Kivy runs on Linux, Windows, OS X, Android and iOS. You can run the same code on all supported platforms.
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by TheCode(m): 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2014
umaryusuf: You need to integrate ur code to the kivy.org framework.

Kivy runs on Linux, Windows, OS X, Android and iOS. You can run the same code on all supported platforms.

Thanks for the tip bro... on to a little digging cool
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by toshodei: 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
TheCode: Hi Everyone, especially the Python-ninjas, Python-gurus, Python-monks, and any other knowledgeable tech-master out there -

I wrote some codes in Python that performs a basic task (a series of simple calculations). My aim is to transform it into a mobile app with a user-friendly interface (nice big buttons, simple looking, you know the works wink ) so people would be able to appreciate my code.

Most people develop (at best) sweaty palms when they see the python environment or any MS Dos-looking environment for that matter, which is why it has become pertinent for me to transform the codes into a 'friendly' looking mobile app with friendly big buttons while my codes do the hard work from behind the scenes.

I anticipate your knowledgeable replies with gratitude... smiley

These links might help:

a. Kivy ~> http://kivy.org/#home
b. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7624443/can-i-convert-my-python-script-to-a-app
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by tosine25: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
@TheCode, How Well?
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by alexis(m): 5:23am On Oct 06, 2015
Kivy seems to be the write platform since you are already coding in python. Another simple platform is phonegap.com - I am sure you can write html and css code. Phonegap converts those into mobile apps that can run on most mobile platform - just another alternative
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 06, 2015
Django is a free and open source web application framework, written in Python,
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by alexis(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2015
proxy20:
Django is a free and open source web
application framework, written in Python,

Django doesn't port your code as mobile apps across all mobile platforms
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by Supermiy: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2015
it never came across my mind sha....
Re: Please How Do I Transform My Python Codes To A Cross-platform Mobile App??? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
TheCode:

Thanks for the tip bro... on to a little digging cool
why not use android sdk for scripting languages which also supports python

(1) (Reply)

I Need Training On C# And Java / Programming Schools In Lagos. / Online Food Delivery App Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.