Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. (1385 Views)

Six Habits Of Highly Attractive People / What Can I Do With This Cgpa?(kindly Help With Advice) / Confused About My Masters Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by ibrahym47(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dear nairalanders, I was born in 1987, my highest qualification is ND in chemical eng'g. (2010-2013). While waiting for Kadpoly HND admission list to be released I went ahead to register for just concluded NECO including JAMB(age falsification) to gain admission into ABU Zaria as well as applying with my ND certificate; all these boils down to discrimination against HND certificate holders in the labour market.
N.B, jamb has admitted me to study QS in ABU Zaria
Concerned citizen of great Nairaland kindly advise me on this journey am about to embark on cos sometimes I just feel like settling for HND concerning the time factor, infact a ND colleague now in ABU persuaded me to go and write the post UTME exam which I registered on its closing day. #anxiously waiting for your contributions#
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by SmartHanif(m): 6:06am On Sep 27, 2014
Pray to God and take the one that comes first.
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by ibrahym47(m): 8:55am On Sep 27, 2014
Tnx bro
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by SmartHanif(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2014
Its my pleasure. May Allah help us all.
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by mojisawlarh(f): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
guy,u rili have to tink abt t coz durin reg in ABU,u will hv u provide ur birth cert,dnt u tink it will b a prob since u gav a falsified ur age wen registerin jamb?
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by QSheba: 10:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
you are on the right part. you can't compare HND to bsc
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by tosyne2much(m): 10:46pm On Oct 11, 2014
I think you are more concerned about the honour Bsc would give more than what would come out of it..My brother pls don't let anybody brainwash or make you feel less of yourself.. Truth be told, it is of no doubt that Nigeria is a country where we nurse discrimination. However, nobody is exempted from this discrimination as long as Nigeria is concerned because it applies to every facet of the nation.. If you want to eradicate discrimination and free yourself from this discrimination nightmare, then I guess you wouldn't even want to school in any of our local institutions.. You are talking about HND BSC dichotomy even when Bsc's are not equivalent in Nigeria and not rated the same.. Take for example, a Bsc obtained at OOU is rated beneath a Bsc obtained at Unilag and vice versa.. There are also trending topics here on NL created to make you understand why Private Universities graduates are better than public university graduate, why you should attend a Public University and not a private university and so on.. All this boils down to discrimination.. So my broda, follow your heart and put God first in all you do and remember that you destiny is not attached to HND or Bsc .. Think of something productive to do to backup regardless of your qualification and stop giving yourself unnecessary worries.. I am also an aspiring HND student

1 Like

Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by ibrahym47(m): 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
mojisawlarh:
guy,u rili have to tink abt t coz durin reg in ABU,u will hv u provide ur birth cert,dnt u tink it will b a prob since u gav a falsified ur age wen registerin jamb?
fixed
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by ibrahym47(m): 11:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
mojisawlarh:
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by Wisepac: 12:21am On Oct 13, 2014
tosyne2much:
I think you are more concerned about the honour Bsc would give more than what would come out of it..My brother pls don't let anybody brainwash or make you feel less of yourself.. Truth be told, it is of no doubt that Nigeria is a country where we nurse discrimination. However, nobody is exempted from this discrimination as long as Nigeria is concerned because it applies to every facet of the nation.. If you want to eradicate discrimination and free yourself from this discrimination nightmare, then I guess you wouldn't even want to school in any of our local institutions.. You are talking about HND BSC dichotomy even when Bsc's are not equivalent in Nigeria and not rated the same.. Take for example, a Bsc obtained at OOU is rated beneath a Bsc obtained at Unilag and vice versa.. There are also trending topics here on NL created to make you understand why Private Universities graduates are better than public university graduate, why you should attend a Public University and not a private university and so on.. All this boils down to discrimination.. So my broda, follow your heart and put God first in all you do and remember that you destiny is not attached to HND or Bsc .. Think of something productive to do to backup regardless of your qualification and stop giving yourself unnecessary worries.. I am also an aspiring HND student
who told u dat oou bsc is beneath unilag. U beta wise up and shine ur eyes. @ ibrahym i would advice u to go abu, since u ave fixed ur birth date. But if tins turns other way, go for ur hnd. All is wel insha allahu. Jazakumullahi khairan
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by tosyne2much(m): 12:34am On Oct 13, 2014
Wisepac:
who told u dat oou bsc is beneath unilag. U beta wise up and shine ur eyes. @ ibrahym i would advice u to go abu, since u ave fixed ur birth date. But if tins turns other way, go for ur hnd. All is wel insha allahu. Jazakumullahi khairan
hey young man, are not in this Nigeria ? You sound like someone who knows little or nothing about this country
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by Wisepac: 1:32am On Oct 13, 2014
tosyne2much:
hey young man, are not in this Nigeria ? You sound like someone who knows little or nothing about this country
hmmm. okay, tell me about dis country o
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by mesoade(m): 1:33am On Oct 13, 2014
Abu na im sure pass . . Bt d age falsification tin,it wil b rectified,abi no b dsame 9ja we dey?
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by tosyne2much(m): 1:35am On Oct 13, 2014
Wisepac:
hmmm. okay, tell me about dis country o
I'm not to tell you that
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by ibrahym47(m): 8:10am On Oct 13, 2014
mesoade:
Abu na im sure pass . . Bt d age falsification tin,it wil b rectified,abi no b dsame 9ja we dey?
I've already fixed that in my jamb, and as for birth certificate: I've got it too
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by Wisepac: 8:28am On Oct 13, 2014
tosyne2much:
I'm not to tell you that
let me advice u, if u get chance to cross to university wit ur n.d u better do so cause the discrimination in labour market is high o. Wiseup guy
Re: Kindly Help Me, Am Highly Confused. by tosyne2much(m): 9:20am On Oct 13, 2014
Wisepac:
let me advice u, if u get chance to cross to university wit ur n.d u better do so cause the discrimination in labour market is high o. Wiseup guy
I have heard sir, thank u sir

(1) (Reply)

2014: Top 50 Universities In The World / Best WAEC Candidates 2013 / Admission Into University Of The Witwatersrand,johannesburg Is Currently On.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.