Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Never Give Up! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Never Give Up! (13563 Views)

The Parable Of The Frog And The Scorpion: B\w Xtainity And Moderate Islam / Pastor Adeboye Arrested & Ordered To Do Frog Jump - Endtime Magazine / Restitution: A Bitter Pill To Swallow! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
Words of Comfort: Swallow a frog.

I once saw a cartoon of a stork trying to swallow a frog. The frog's head was in the stork's mouth, but the rest of his body was still out and his hands were tightly gripped around the bird's throat, so that the stork couldn't swallow. Above the cartoon was the caption "Never give up!" The little frog was safe, as long as he held a tight grip. Faithful Christian, never give up in your efforts to reach out to the unsaved. Overlook the mockery. Answer their worn-out silly questions. Plead with them to repent and trust the Saviour before death swallows them, and drags them into a very real Hell.

www.Need God.com

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:37am On Sep 04, 2014
Don't give up on God because He wouldn't give up on you. He's able. wink

1 Like

Re: Never Give Up! by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 04, 2014
God bless you brother
Re: Never Give Up! by Zikdik(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2014
...swallow a Buffalo...
Dear Infidels,
Never give up in your efforts to reach out
to the unsaved. Overlook the mockery. Answer
their worn-out silly questions. Plead with them to see reason and use their common sense before their ignorance sends them to premature destruction.

3 Likes

Re: Never Give Up! by SNCOQ3(m): 10:05pm On Sep 04, 2014
Thanks bro. A great photo-illustration and hilarious too grin
Yours is an encouragement well received, especially from a brother who is consistent and as shown by example, to be a relentless soldier of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Never Give Up! by PastorOluT(m): 10:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
Good one bro, really like that pics n the msg it passed!
Re: Never Give Up! by ichuka(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2014
Lol.
The pic says it all.
Nice one Bro.
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:42am On Sep 06, 2014
Dux01:

God bless you brother

Don't give up the fight of faith. God richly bless you too.
Re: Never Give Up! by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2014
That picture is just like religious belief: Imaginary delusion!
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Zikdik: ...swallow a Buffalo...

Dear Infidels,
Never give up in your efforts to reach out
to the unsaved. Overlook the mockery. Answer
their worn-out silly questions. Plead with them to see reason and use their common sense before their ignorance sends them to premature destruction.

What is premature destruction to you?
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:50pm On Sep 09, 2014
SNCOQ3:

Thanks bro. A great photo-illustration and hilarious too grin
Yours is an encouragement well received, especially from a brother who is consistent and as shown by example, to be a relentless soldier of Christ.

God bless you for this encouragement. Only God can reward you for this timely edification. Keep on the fight of faith.
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51pm On Sep 09, 2014
PastorOluT:

Good one bro, really like that pics n the msg it passed!

Yes my brother. It is said that a picture speaks more than a thousand words. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Sep 10, 2014
ichuka:

Lol.
The pic says it all.
Nice one Bro.

That frog no dey carry last. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2014
AlfaSeltzer:

That picture is just like religious belief: Imaginary delusion!

Don't you believe in the imp?
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:40am On Sep 13, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

I once saw a cartoon of a stork trying to swallow a frog. The frog's head was in the stork's mouth, but the rest of his body was still out and his hands were tightly gripped around the bird's throat, so that the stork couldn't swallow. Above the cartoon was the caption "Never give up!" The little frog was safe, as long as he held a tight grip. Faithful Christian, never give up in your efforts to reach out to the unsaved. Overlook the mockery. Answer their worn-out silly questions. Plead with them to repent and trust the Saviour before death swallows them, and drags them into a very real Hell.

www.NeedGod.com

Words of Comfort.
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04am On Sep 16, 2014
Never give up.

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:28am On Sep 16, 2014
Don't ever give up!

1 Like

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
Higher Everyday
Wednesday, September 17, 2014

PERSIST TO PREVAIL

"But David pursued, he and four hundred men: for two hundred abode behind, which were so faint that they could not go over the brook Besor" (1 Samuel 30:10)

"Efforts only fully release their rewards after a person refuses to quit" —Napoleon Hill. A quitter never wins and a winner never quits. Six hundred chosen men were supposed to go to the battle to recover their losses from the enemy. From the account of 1 Samuel 30, two hundred soldiers gave up the fight because of fatigue and were ready to forfeit their properties and lose their family members. Unperturbed by their reactions the unrelenting four hundred soldiers went ahead. With divine assistance, they fought gallantly, won and recovered all that the enemies had carted away.

Are you working on a difficult task? Don’t be frightened by the enormity of the assignment but look up to God for help. Thomas A Edison says "Many of life’s failure are people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up." You are closer to your breakthrough than you least imagine. Just one more stroke and another stroke and you get to the shore!

Challenge: "Nothing venture, nothing win"

Prayer: "Help me to persist in my pursuit till I get the expected result."

Further Reading: 2 Samuel 23:8-12

Quotation:: "Don’t give up"

See more at:

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2014
Higher Everyday
Thursday, September 18, 2014

PRAY THROUGH

"Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:24)

Ednan R. Worrel while waiting at a bank counter in Liverpool began to print 'PRAY THROUGH' on a blotter and filled it from top to bottom. A business man came into the bank that had grown discouraged with business troubles. His eyes caught the long column of the publication and he exclaimed, 'That is the very message I needed. I will pray through. I have tried to worry through in my own strength and merely mentioned my troubles to God; now I am going to pray the situation through until I get light.'

That is what all of you need — to pray through. Never give up a legitimate request. Pray through to resounding success, good health, divine supply and all other things "that are freely given to us of God." Why worry when you can pray. Stop worrying and start praying, and never stop until you have prayed through. All things are yours. Ask in faith and you have fullness of joy.

Challenge: "Pray joyfully and there would be nothing to worry about"

Prayer: "Father, deliver me from prayerlessness and lack of faith."

Further Reading: Matthew 15:22-28

Quotation:: "Never give up"

See more at:
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2014
Don't give up! shocked

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29am On Oct 18, 2014
Daily Manna
Friday 17, October 2014

Don't Give Up

TEXT: LUKE 18:1-8

"And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary" (Luke 18:3).

The story of Esther’s intervention on behalf of the Jews in Shushan and the result she got is a classic example of how determination and prayer can change the course of things. Esther’s uncle Mordicai had been marked for destruction in phase one of Haman’s plot. This was to be followed by a systematic destruction of the Jews thereafter. Although it was not customary for Esther to see the king at the time when the matter was playing out, she solicited the prayer of her people. And God made a way by moving the king to grant the queen’s petition. God is always willing to grant us our petition when we pray according to His will.

In His earthly ministry, Jesus saw the need to talk about the possibilities of prayer. Not only that He taught others how to pray, He made prayer a major part of His ministry. He healed diseases and performed other miracles through the instrumentality of prayer. Even as He is presently at the right hand side of God, our Father, He still prays, making daily intercessions for us.

Christ’s message to every member of His church is unmistakable. He desires that each of us pray with persistence. Prayer and faith are powerful weapons in the lives of believers. Those who lack prayer and are weak in faith cannot fulfil the whole will of God on earth; neither can they possess all that God has provided through Christ. Believers’ prayers are not limited to receiving healing, material blessings or claiming deliverance alone, they should dwell so much on spiritual blessings.

Our personal prayer life shows the depth of our spirituality. Those who constantly ask for temporal things of life are shallow and carnal. Those who are always praying for self are selfish. In these last days, we cannot wholly overcome sin, sickness and Satan except we are prayerful. As we continue, we must ensure that we are not living in disobedience to the word of God and secret sin. Neglecting to show mercy can hinder our prayer. We must continue in supplication without getting discouraged until the answer comes.

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Thought for the day: "The Lord promises to answer our prayer"

See more at:
Re: Never Give Up! by davien(m): 9:47am On Oct 18, 2014
The arrogance of creationism is amusing......keep making ken ham filthy rich with "donations" and bible citations....you all have forgotten your bibles anyway cheesy
....ken ham now decides what your bible tells you and how to "not give up" sending him money to build his own noahs ark in his flintstones park'... cheesy

MINDLESS DRONES...LOL!....sucking ken hams' d.ick fervently...smh! sad

1 Like

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
Higher Everyday
Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PUSH

"He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)

To push is to continue with a plan or an activity especially in a determined way. The word is used as an acronym today to mean—Pray Until Something Happens. This kind of prayer will not take "NO" for an answer. It is holding on till the answer comes. This is opposed to hit and run kind of prayer. It is to pray through until heaven responds. Many ask and never wait to receive. Jesus urges "that men ought always to pray, and not to faint" (Luke 18:1).

Really, to faint in prayer is to fail. There are those who seek precious treasure from God and quit before He responds. Others knock and leave before the door is opened. Only those who diligently seek the Lord will leave God’s presence with their desires granted. Others have litanies of unanswered prayers because they have abandoned their prayer projects. Jacob refused to let the angel go and he got his desired blessing. Don’t be satisfied with partial victory but PUSH for total triumph today.

Challenge: "Pray until the thing you pray for has been granted"

Prayer: "Father, give me an unwavering spirit in prayer."

Further Reading: Luke 11:5-11

Quotation:: "Push for total triumph"

See more at:

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:09am On Nov 16, 2014
Higher Everyday
Saturday, November 15, 2014

HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU

"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" (Ephesians 3:20)

You serve God who can do all things and make all impossibilities possible. He created the whole world (the planets, trees, fishes, animals, human beings, birds, the oceans and mountains) out of nothing. And if He decides to destroy it, no human opposition through knowledge of science, engineering or technology can stop Him. The unprotected Israelites by God’s miracle passed through the Red Sea safely, but their enemy, Pharaoh and his well-armed army drowned in it.

When God’s faithful children call upon Him in trouble, He helps them beyond their expectations. The childless Hannah prayed for a son and God gave her Samuel, and then later five more children. (1 Samuel 1: 20; 2:20, 21). What is your challenge or desire today? Take it to the Lord in prayer and He will do it for you. But you may say, ‘I am not yet His child.’ You can be right now by confessing your sins and surrendering to Christ as your Lord and Saviour today.

Challenge: "God has no equal; He is Omnipotent"

Prayer: "Oh God, I put my trust in you"

Further Reading: Isaiah 40:25-31

Quotation: "God can do all things"

See more at:
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
Never give up!

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
Daily Manna
Monday 24, November 2014

Never Stop Believing

TEXT: Jeremiah 31:27-40

"And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more" (Jeremiah 31:34).

Consider this scenario: You are confronted with seemingly intractable problems; there is a sickness or affliction that has defied cures. You have been battling a certain negative habit which you have failed repeatedly to kick. You have prayed and fasted, and nothing seems to be changing. The natural instinct in many people is to throw their hands up in frustration. The truth is that most times, we give up too soon. But it is just when we come to our wit’s end that the Lord steps in with a solution.

He did just that for the Israelites. For long, they had bemoaned their condition. They had borne the Lord’s chastisement, and they had prayed for forgiveness and pardon, but it seemed nothing was happening. But just when all hopes seemed lost, the Lord vowed to rekindle His blessings on them with the same fervour with which He brought punishment on them. He would initiate a new covenant with them. This would be totally different from the deal He had with their forefathers. He would write His laws in their hearts so that He would be their God and they His people. They would not need to be taught to know the Lord; but all of them, from the least to the greatest, would know and love the Lord because He would forgive their iniquity and remember their sins no more. He pledged that so long as the sun, moon and stars continue to shine, day and night remain, heaven and the foundations of the earth remain beyond human comprehension, so would Israel remain as a nation. Israel would be built up and flourish again, and would no longer be ravaged by enemies.

No matter your situation in life and how dire your condition may be, you must never give up hope. You must continue to have faith in God, and expect His loving intervention. If you got entangled in sin, you must quickly repent and cling to God’s grace to grant you a new life of righteousness. You must never stop believing that He loves you, and that He desires the very best for you. He may appear to be delaying His intervention, but rest assured that the Lord is never late or too early. Therefore, “hope thou in God.”

Higher Everyday for Youths - Link: http://highereveryday.dclmhq.org/

Thought for the day: "Never forget the best part: God is with us!"

See more at:
Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

www.Need God.com

Swallow a frog? shocked

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:14am On Sep 10, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Don't give up on God because He wouldn't give up on you. He's able. wink

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
Never Give Up
Gary Varvel March 14, 2022

Re: Never Give Up! by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
A.F. Branco Cartoon – Glory To The Heroes
A.F. BRANCO on March 4, 2022 at 6:00 am

Ukrainian Tough

The Goliath (Russia) may win against Ukraine (David) in the end but not without a fight and not nearly as soon as they hoped. Political cartoon by A.F. Branco ©2022.

(1) (Reply)

Home For All Spiritualist: Here We Tell U What 2 Do And Hw 2 Do It. / A Thread For Christmas Messages / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.