Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Please Advise Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Advise Me! (1623 Views)

My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise / My Younger Brother's Wedding Plan Is Having Issues, Please Advise Me / My True-Love Is Planning To Leave Me: Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
Please i need matured advise from nairalanders.
i completed nysc feb this year.i couldn't remain there(teaching) because it was a very rural community and the permanent staff were earning 5k per month(not lieing).so i eventualy left. i went back to my dad in AKB. it's a rural community so no job opportunities. i told my dad the idea of venturing to bigger communities because of job opportunities, moreover, i'm grown and didnt want to put pressure on him cos he was very sick then and was not working. i used almost all my nysc savings then for all our feeding and bills.he agreed that i should go because if i don't, i may end up not getting a job and by the time the whole savings is finished, we'l be back to square one(i was on scholarship throughout uni).On getting here, i just got a teaching job which i shud be resuming by oct or when d extension is called off.the issue now is accommodation. a guy i told my issue is offering me accommodation in his flat, he says he doesnt stay in the house that much
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 04, 2014
but i'm scared. i phoned my dad and he said i should make a choice i guess he feels i'm big enough. though he said i can come home but that i know he doesnt have a job to give me or money considering his health. i need advise on whether to move to the guy's house till i receive my first salary and move out

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me! by egopersonified(f): 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
Do you have any other options? If not, as long as he doesnt use people for rituals or eat them, then why not try his place?

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me! by walexzee11(m): 2:06pm On Sep 04, 2014
I see no biggie in scouting in someone apartment...... Have you been to Lagos?.. If No!.. then you need to get a clue on how life is there... .people scout for many year with strangers they Don't know, they may be up to seven in a room face me i face you...It's part of life, just be yourself and arrange your own apartment as soon as possible..... BEST OF LUCK!!!
Re: Please Advise Me! by pickabeau1: 2:14pm On Sep 04, 2014
egopersonified: Do you have any other options? If not, as long as he doesnt use people for rituals or eat them, then why not try his place?

i think d poster is female and the benefactor is male ....

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 04, 2014
egopersonified: Do you have any other options? If not, as long as he doesnt use people for rituals or eat them, then why not try his place?
i don't have any option. i'm just scared that being a guy, he'll one day want sex in return and i may end up being pregnant
Re: Please Advise Me! by pickabeau1: 2:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek: i don't have any option. i'm just scared that being a guy, he'll one day want sex in return and i may end up being pregnant

How did you meet him
Re: Please Advise Me! by AntiCyberBully(f): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
How much do you know of the guy??
Not withstanding, since you don't have anywhere else, you can temporary put up with the guy while making plans to get your own accommodation.
Who knows, he may turn to be a good guy

**edited **
I didn't know you're a Lady before my post here.
well, if he stays with his sis or there's a lady in the house, then you can manage. Aside that, it may not be too good an idea IMO
Re: Please Advise Me! by egopersonified(f): 2:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
pickabeau1:

i think d poster is female and the benefactor is male ....

Game changer, op, I withdraw my entire first post,except he has a sister staying with him, if not, pls start searching for options. If you were involved in a church or some other group at home, maybe they can know someone that knows someone that u can stay with.
But pickabeau1, this one you have already termed him a benefactor, maybe na good samaritan nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise Me! by egopersonified(f): 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
Can u try looking for a corper's lodge? Its possible they can accomodate you.
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 04, 2014
he's an acquaintance.
Re: Please Advise Me! by pickabeau1: 2:29pm On Sep 04, 2014
egopersonified:

Game changer, op, I withdraw my entire first post,except he has a sister staying with him, if not, pls start searching for options. If you were involved in a church or some other group at home, maybe they can know someone that knows someone that u can stay with.
But pickabeau1, this one you have already termed him a benefactor, maybe na good samaritan nigerian.

grin grin grin grin

Wetin i go call am now...

he may be genuine or he may be looking for an inroad...
Re: Please Advise Me! by pickabeau1: 2:30pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek: he's an acquaintance.

What kind of acquaintance

How long have u known him for

Lets assume he just needs the opportunity to get close to you and if he loses interest in you.. what next??
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
egopersonified: Can u try looking for a corper's lodge? Its possible they can accomodate you.
i contemplated this but unfortunately, for me to have to move to a corper's lodge, i must have enough money that i can cater for my feeding, transportation pending when i collect the first salary and i have nothing presently. the guy says he's willing to help with everything. though he's giving me the impression he's a good christian but i'm scared.
Re: Please Advise Me! by Tallesty1(m): 2:40pm On Sep 04, 2014
walexzee11: I see no biggie in scouting in someone apartment...... Have you been to Lagos?.. If No!.. then you need to get a clue on how life is there... .people scout for many year with strangers they Don't know, they may be up to seven in a room face me i face you...It's part of life, just be yourself and arrange your own apartment as soon as possible..... BEST OF LUCK!!!
what is wrong is wrong even if the whole world is doing it.
Re: Please Advise Me! by crackhaus: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek: a guy i told my issue is offering me accommodation in his flat, he says he doesnt stay in the house that much
If you could tell him your issue and he offered to help, I wonder why you're now doubting his intentions.
I'm guessing you told him because you must have thought he can help or you trust him enough to. But if you're having reservations about what may or may not happen, it's better you look for other options.

By the way, what exactly does he mean by not staying in the house much?
Does he have a girlfriend or not?
What's his lifestyle like?

These are questions you should find answers to.
Re: Please Advise Me! by Godmystrength: 2:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek: Please i need matured advise from nairalanders.
i completed nysc feb this year.i couldn't remain there(teaching) because it was a very rural community and the permanent staff were earning 5k per month(not lieing).so i eventualy left. i went back to my dad in AKB. it's a rural community so no job opportunities. i told my dad the idea of venturing to bigger communities because of job opportunities, moreover, i'm grown and didnt want to put pressure on him cos he was very sick then and was not working. i used almost all my nysc savings then for all our feeding and bills.he agreed that i should go because if i don't, i may end up not getting a job and by the time the whole savings is finished, we'l be back to square one(i was on scholarship throughout uni).On getting here, i just got a teaching job which i shud be resuming by oct or when d extension is called off.the issue now is accommodation. a guy i told my issue is offering me accommodation in his flat, he says he doesnt stay in the house that much
Where in lagos are you?
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: Where in lagos are you?
It's not Lagos ma
Re: Please Advise Me! by Godmystrength: 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek: It's not Lagos ma
sorry about that. thought you were in lagos.
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2014
Right now, i'm staying with my cousin who is living with his girlfriend in a BQ. they thought that i was just coming to write a job interview and go back. so now that i got the job. it's quite impossible to stay in a single room with him, his girlfriend and me. they need their privacy and that's what he told my dad. somebody also helped him with this BQ because he's also new here. i was charging my system when i got talking wit the guy and he said he cud help and my cousin knows him and also spoke with him. they took me to the see the place yesterday and i have the choice of either moving there or going home.
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 04, 2014
so i need your advise
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek: so i need your advise
. Be ready, cos this guy is going to ask for sex sooner or later, if you know you are ready to pull up with the idea, and don't mind doing it when the time comes, then goodluck, I'm so scared for you right now.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
good Christian my foot lipsrsealed
if he wants to help, let him loan you some cash to last you through the mnth and pay him back as soon as you start getting your salary. Anything other than that lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Please Advise Me! by perry2020(f): 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2014
Me won't advice u to do it oo.
Morally it ain't ryt
Religiously it ain't ryt
Men would always be men and it takes the grace of God to overcome temptation.#WhatUKntFinishDontStart. the guy knows ur desperate and would wana take advantage don't be surprised the day he says I house,cloth u,provide for u and u knt pay me back wif just sex AM I JESUS.and the moment u refuse him he myt send u out even if it's at d middle of d nyt.Dats men for u so be wise.
Where in abk to be precise??
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 04, 2014
i've thought of selling my system but the battery is no longer functional except it's plugged and the power button is bad.who will want to buy and how much can i sell a system i've used for almost 6years
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020: Me won't advice u to do it oo.
Morally it ain't ryt
Religiously it ain't ryt
Men would always be men and it takes the grace of God to overcome temptation.#WhatUKntFinishDontStart. the guy knows ur desperate and would wana take advantage don't be surprised the day he says I house,cloth u,provide for u and u knt pay me back wif just sex AM I JESUS.and the moment u refuse him he myt send u out even if it's at d middle of d nyt.Dats men for u so be wise.
Where in abk to be precise??
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 04, 2014
Are you a man or woman
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2: Are you a man or woman
a lady
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek: thank you all for the advise. my fear with the concept of going home is that how will i raise money going back to ikotepene. i don't want a situation when the strike is called off, i'm not able to resume the job i've been praying to get. i've told my cousin my fears and the questions they're asking me is why do still want to carry myself to my dad who is not even well when i should be the one giving him. they also say i'm i not big enough to hustle that am i a baby and that what i'm trying to tell my dad is that i'm not yet fit to be `man'. i'm 25.i'm confused and in dilema.

Explain please
Re: Please Advise Me! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
I'm confused. Is she a man or a woman. When does "she" start this job of "hers"?
Re: Please Advise Me! by perry2020(f): 7:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
imasleek:
i came from akwa-ibom to ibadan. i graduated from u.i. i stayed on campus all throughout my uni
So ur looking for a place in ib now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heartless Step- Mum Stripped Naked & Tied 2yr Old Girl For Soiling Herself / Kids can be funny when they lie. / Pls Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.