Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,828 members, 7,956,144 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:18 AM

Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop (520 Views)

Albums Updates R And B Rap Hip Hop Singles Mixtapes And Albums Links / Best In 9ja Hip Pop Rap. / Top Nigeria Hip Pop And R&B (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop by Nobody: 5:37am On Sep 05, 2014
Is it just me or hip pop is dying at a faster rate... Now all rappers don't even have punchlinez, play on words is weak,rhyming is poor and rappers cant even do justice to good beats no more. Like shady said in syllables... 13 year olds now control the remote but is that the issue? Cos when i was 13 i was in love with guys like run dmc, pac ,dre,notorious and modern rappers like game and 50 cent but now my younger brother thinks guys like drake, 2chainz is hip pop...saddening
Re: Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop by Unionised(m): 6:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Evolving.

Nothing stays the same...
Re: Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 05, 2014
If that's evolution of rap then evolution ain't favouring the industry cos areas like r&b still have so many names coming or is it cos most talent shows are aimed at producing singers...
Re: Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop by Smartlux(m): 7:14am On Sep 05, 2014
na so we see am o cry
Re: Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop by Unionised(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2014
maltina: If that's evolution of rap then evolution ain't favouring the industry cos areas like r&b still have so many names coming or is it cos most talent shows are aimed at producing singers...

They will adjust...
Re: Global Death Of Rap/hip Pop by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Unionised: Evolving.
Nothing stays the same...
Yup.....

Op, new rappers still have cool punchlines and crazy wordplay but they all centered on "Weed, money, Drugs,gangsta shit,Hoes", only few guys still do the old type.........
I listen to both factions;Old rap and new Rap

(1) (Reply)

_ / Free Show At Presidential Hotel / Download Music: Yung Steelz X Wenz Beatz - Not Given Up (cover)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.