Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,798 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. (38503 Views)

A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly / Survey: Nigerians Most Educated In The U.S! / Who Are The Most Educated Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by chlowi(f): 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=KingEdwardI]

Bro.....abeg, na US carry last for that list oooo![/quote ;

grin grin grin
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by doctokwus: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
Not sure of d source of dis rating bc I know d scandinavian countries are top notch in education ratings.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Enasco1(m): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
So, Nigeria x nt on dat list?? E neva complete
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by chic2pimp(m): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
horlabiyi: UK on the list?? Haha you must be kidding

More like I would have been extremely surprised if the UK wasn't in the top 5 never mind top 10

2 Likes

Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by osystein(m): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
looking at the waec results, i'm certain that Biafra would have made that list.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by abdulkayus(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
hensben: make canadian citizen come write WAEC na, u think say waec and jamb easy

what they wrote over there is harder than both waec and Jamb. Can our Nigeria sec students write SAT or TOEFL amd pass wot high marks?
And remember over there nothing like exam malpractices.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by O0XYGEN: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2014
mistermahn: In case you dont know. Nigerians are the most educated Africans in America,the UK and even China. I think the reason this is so is because 1 in every 5 africans is a Nigerian. Nigerians might most probably be the most educated people on earth but Nigerians are just scattered everywhere in the world
Why dont u say nigerians in nigeria?
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by megabyte2(f): 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
No Africa country on the list.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Smone(m): 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
where is NIGERIA for God sake?
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by mistermahn(m): 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
chucky234: Try changing the various denominations of the Naira to a single then you will why Nigeria is not on that list, our illiteracy level is way higher than the literacy level.
dont be bloody stupid now what does currency have to do with education. i hate it when Nigerians lambash and abuse Nigeria. if you like live in america for a 100 years you are still Nigerian and you would always be regarded to as Nigerian. its about time all you useless excuses for Nigerians living abroad start coming back to 9ja and start building it. if you are not going to help us (we the Nigerians living in Nigeria) build it then just STFU(shut the fvck up) and observe
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by gatiano(m): 9:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
biased listing, before you can find an uneducated russian, infact you won't get, the problems of russia is they are all educated with less jobs to back the educated masses.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
Canada..cool.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by barapistis(m): 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
ebolablast: 0,chad,99.9
access to Ebola 98.9
sharing Ebola 99.9
starving Ebola victims at d quarantine facility 100.100

WOW YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT THIS NAKED GIRL IS DOING WITH A DONKEY??
READ HERE http:///Gxzp

Low life

So this is how you make your own money on the internet
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by HiiiPower(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
glitest:

I'm shocked that UK made the list, and more shocked that Nigeria didn't make the list.

I just opened ur post history and you are the reason why Nigeria didn't make the list. Effing gormless olodo like yourself that can't spell nor make a remotely intelligent sentence/comment suggesting about being shocked one country that should be at least number 2 made the list; and another one that shouldn't be top 50 isn't there. Isn't the avg IQ of Nigerians 70?

The only country that shouldn't be there is America. The ignorance in this country is alarming. Cuba, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and Australia are better educated than them. Poland should also be higher on the list, top 7 maybe.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
Titiluvly: 5. Sweden, 63.7
Sweden’s access to basic knowledge index is 63.7. The index for the country’s women’s mean years in school comes in at 61.5, secondary enrollment is at 60.5, primary enrollment is 58.9, and adult literacy is 57.5. According to the Swedish Education Act, every child and young person should have equal access to education regardless of socio-economic status. Education is compulsory for every child in the country from age of 6 or 7. The compulsory education includes special schools and programmes, which are designed for students who suffer from intellectual and physical disabilities. High school is compulsory up to age 15 or 16 and it’s also offered for free. According to the OECD research, Sweden spends more than the average country on its education system, spending about 6.7% of its national budget on education as of the end of the last decade.

4. United Kingdom, 64.0
The United Kingdom’s access to basic knowledge index is 64.0. The index of women’s mean years in school in the UK is at 60.7, secondary enrollment is 62.2, primary enrollment is 59.1, and adult literacy is 57.5. Students in the United Kingdom can either attend state schools – which are free – or independent schools that charge fees. The law requires students to go through full-time education until they are 16 years old and in the UK, financial incentives are offered to teenagers who continue in education after the age of 16 to prepare them for higher education or employment.

3. Republic of Korea, 64.2
Korea’s access to basic knowledge index is 64.2. The women’s mean years in school index is at a very strong 63.6, secondary enrollment is at 61.3, primary enrollment is at 57.9, and the adult literacy index comes in at 56.8. Education is compulsory for all children in Korea. The country offers free education for all children who are between 6 and 15 years old and high school students who are between 15 and 18 years have to pay tuition, which is subsidized by the government. Extra-curricular study and parental participation in their children’s education is considered essential, with ‘self-study’ sessions common. The citizens spend a lot of money on education compared with other countries. Koreans spend a huge 15% of the country’s GNP and 22% of their household incomes on education. However, while Korea’s education system has been praised it’s also been noted that it’s an enormously competitive environment, a factor which has been cited as a factor in the high suicide rate among Korea’s youth.

2. Japan, 64.7
Japan’s access to basic knowledge index is 64.7. The country’s education system is nationalized and the curriculum is developed by the Japanese Ministry of Education. Elementary and junior high school is compulsory in the country, where students must spend six years in elementary and at least three years in junior high. The nationalized system ensures that all students get an equal education; but it has been said that a lot of pressure is put on students to achieve highly in the university entrance exam at age 18, forcing a sort of meritocracy based on university degrees. For its provision of basic education, though, Japan still ranks as one of the most successful countries in the world.

1. Canada, 65.0
Canada’s access to basic knowledge index is at an unprecedented 65.0. Its secondary enrollment is 60.7, primary enrollment is 59.1, and adult literacy is 57.5. Canada’s education system is controlled by the different provinces, and the federal government does not regulate education – there is no national, centralised curriculum in Canada, meaning education can vary widely between the various territories. Public education is available for free for every Canadian who meets the residence and age requirements. Pre-elementary education is offered by local authorities, but it’s not compulsory. Elementary education is compulsory and it can either start at age 5 or 6 and until age 16 or 18 depending on the jurisdiction. Secondary education is also compulsory and it takes between four and six years. The country’s comprehensive education system has created one of the most skilled labor forces in the world; Canada’s strong economy and competitive industries can likely be attributed, at
least in part, to a strong, functioning system of basic education despite very little hands-on involvement from the national government.

Pls where is Switzerland And Denmark And probably Russia??
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by mistermahn(m): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
HiiiPower:

I just opened ur post history and you are the reason why Nigeria didn't make the list. Effing gormless olodo like yourself that can't spell nor make a remotely intelligent sentence/comment suggesting about being shocked one country that should be at least number 2 made the list; and another one that shouldn't be top 50 isn't there. Isn't the avg IQ of Nigerians 70?

The only country that shouldn't be there is America. The ignorance in this country is alarming. Cuba, Luxembourg, Switzerland, and Australia are better educated than them. Poland should also be higher on the list, top 7 maybe.
you bloody fowl are you not a Nigerian . you are now making yeye noise. my dad is british and my mum is Nigerian but i feel more Nigerian than British. not to talk of you stupid idiot that has probably never left Nigeria or you are probably an illegal immigrant abroad. My brother you are Nigerian deal with it
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by 360command: 9:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
Where is almighty Finland? Na them get masters pass.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2014
HiiiPower:

Effing gormless??.......After reading just one post, which was unfortunately about your disdain for Nigeria girls, I realized its not worth getting into a confrontation with a mentally unstable person, such as yourself; This isn't how I intend on spending my evening......You need a tranquilizer.......I also realized you made that topic, with the Intent to get a rise out of the females on NL, but your plan fell flat. So you are simply trolling around for any female, who can give you the attention you crave............So as my gormless self would say...Bye Felicia.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by ussy09(m): 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
victorv12: No African countries. Awon olodo iya!
. So u belief every thing u see on air? Smh...
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by chucky234(m): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
mistermahn: dont be bloody stupid now what does currency have to do with education. i hate it when Nigerians lambash and abuse Nigeria. if you like live in america for a 100 years you are still Nigerian and you would always be regarded to as Nigerian. its about time all you useless excuses for Nigerians living abroad start coming back to 9ja and start building it. if you are not going to help us (we the Nigerians living in Nigeria) build it then just STFU(shut the fvck up) and observe
I hate it when intellectually handicapped goons quote me just to insult me, being a birdbrain you sure wont understand how currency relate to education.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by HiiiPower(m): 9:47pm On Sep 06, 2014
mistermahn: you bloody fowl are you not a Nigerian . you are now making yeye noise. my dad is british and my mum is Nigerian but i feel more Nigerian than British. not to talk of you stupid idiot that has probably never left Nigeria or you are probably an illegal immigrant abroad. My brother you are Nigerian deal with it

Tales that hurt and I cried. The truth is bitter. So when you see the truth missile coming your way, better bury your head in the sand.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by mistermahn(m): 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2014
chucky234: I hate it when intellectually handicapped goons quote me just to insult me, being a birdbrain you sure wont understand how currency relate to education.
im uneducated because i called you a Nigerian and spoke the truth. if you like speak all the english in this world it wont change the fact that you are Nigerian and you would always be Nigerian, face it baba
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2014
thwarrior72: Pardon my ignorance, I never know there are USA citizens who cannot read or write, I been think say na African thing
Still they are well perfect in English.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by aijayHenry(f): 10:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
mistermahn: In case you dont know. Nigerians are the most educated Africans in America,the UK and even China. I think the reason this is so is because 1 in every 5 africans is a Nigerian. Nigerians might most probably be the most educated people on earth but Nigerians are just scattered everywhere in the world
you have spoken like a wise man..God blesS you
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by HiiiPower(m): 10:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
glitest:

Effing gormless??.......After reading just one post, which was unfortunately about your disdain for Nigeria girls, I realized its not worth getting into a confrontation with a mentally unstable person, such as yourself; This isn't how I intend on spending my evening......You need a tranquilizer.......I also realized you made that topic, with the Intent to get a rise out of the females on NL, but your plan fell flat. So you are simply trolling around for any female, who can give you the attention you crave............So as my gormless self would say...Bye Felicia.

Au fait. Tried to impress and sound half-baked, to undo what is telling in your post history but came up short and still uneducated. Olodo like you.

It seems you have gone barmy like the obviously deranged donkey that just back from a bender, you exemplify with your below average IQ. Tried too hard but failed again. I cry I cry.

Ms. Potty, you can go starkers for all I care and I won't stare at you twice. My preference in women is my preference, and whoever I choose to dig my todger into is none of your business. Effing stroppy uneducated azz sounding like a slob high on excessive wacky backy.

1 Like

Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2014
HiiiPower:

Au fait. Tried to impress and sound half-baked, to undo what is telling in your post history but came up short and still uneducated. Olodo like you.

It seems you have gone barmy like the obviously deranged donkey that just back from a bender, you exemplify with your below average IQ. Tried too hard but failed again. I cry I cry.

Ms. Potty, you can go starkers for all I care and I won't stare at you twice. My preference in women is my preference, and whoever I choose to dig my todger into is none of your business. Effing stroppy uneducated azz sounding like a slob high on excessive wacky backy.

Anyone who's read your previous comments and post, can't simply deny the fact that you are in loss of a few screws loose, and in desperate need of a straight jacket.....So you can rant all you want...You are not getting your wish....Cry more.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
Why is China not on the list?
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by moshoodn(m): 10:14pm On Sep 06, 2014
Titiluvly...

Last time I checked: Switzerland has almost 100% literacy. Almost every swiss is literate.

Leichenstein also has close to 100%.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by habex005(m): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
If Nigeria is not there then the list is not complete.... Does anybody know how many graduates Nigeria produce yearly...
. It only in Nigeria graduates take security jobs, danfo drivers,
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by ojsmscom(m): 10:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
What is d measurement yardstick
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by HiiiPower(m): 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
glitest:

Anyone who's read your previous comments and post, can't simply deny the fact that you are in loss of a few screws loose. So you can rant a you want...You are not getting your wish....Cry more.

Still not impressed, Ms. Potty. undecided

And you still don't sound educated. You sound like a shitfaced wobbler that is about to take a waz by the roadside. I cry I cry but you need Jesus and good education.
Re: The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
HiiiPower:

Still not impressed, Ms. Potty. undecided

And you still don't sound educated. You sound like a shitfaced wobbler that is about to take a waz by the roadside. I cry I cry but you need Jesus and good education.

I get into online fights with trolls, but not with mentally retarded cases such as yourself, who are in need of sedation.......I might not sound educated, but you aren't one to talk, when you simply can't use a (comma).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Microsoft Office 2010 Product Key Generator / 59,000 To Retake Examination: JAMB / How Thousands Of Teen Students In U.K. Celebrated Their A-level Results(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.