Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,522 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. (1159 Views)

Why Do People Leave Their Food Half Eaten At Ceremonies. / Which Is Your Bad Kitchen Habit / Dipping Bread In Tea: Good Or Bad Habit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by kizitoik2004(m): 10:18am On Sep 06, 2014
hello guys..
i was at a 'buka' this morning and an old man walked in and requested for mixed soup (egusi and draw soup) to be precise, and that got me really thinking.... we Nigerians like mixing food a lot. you talk about tomato stew mixed with 'ofe-akwu', rice and beans and what have you.
it has shown from various research that mixing food could increase the 'balance in the diet' and that tells us that mixing is actually good. i don't have enough data to upload pix, u guys can help out. whats your take on this?
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 06, 2014
kizitoik2004: hello guys..

thats it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by nzeobi(m): 10:35am On Sep 06, 2014
Its good to get balance diet. E.g Beans and groundnut
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by kizitoik2004(m): 10:53am On Sep 06, 2014
nzeobi: Its good to get balance diet. E.g Beans and groundnut
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by AfricanApple(f): 10:56am On Sep 06, 2014
op wat planet did u come from. Rice and beans, egusi and draw, wants wrong with dem
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by eigmaticme: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2014
The swetness is in the mixing
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by Pavore9: 1:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
@OP, where did u crawl out from that rice and beans, egusi and draw soup (l guess is ogbono) looks odd to u, are u not Nigerian? U neva see mixing u dey complain, come Kenya & see how cooked beans & corn is garnished with avocado! (no pepper nor oil)
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
Garri nd rice smhsad
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by rali123(f): 4:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
Rice and ewedu/okro, what a combination. undecided
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by Gloria3389(f): 2:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
rice and bread,noodles and garri, biscuit and garri, amala and ice cream....beans and pap .... etc....
Re: Nigerians And Their Food Mixing Habit. by kate85(f): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hmm, I love dat combo. Though it irritates my hubby. Just had it for lunch grin
rali123: Rice and ewedu/okro, what a combination. undecided

(1) (Reply)

modified / Best Cake Designs Ever*Photos* / Jollof Rice Week... Never Too Late To Post Yours.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.