Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Dogs That Hardly Bark - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dogs That Hardly Bark (3702 Views)

Help!my Bumastiff Dog Dosnt Bark... / My New Rott Is Scared Of Pple And Dont Bark,my rott now takes charge / Plz Expert,how Can I Make My Dog Aggressive And Bark? (2) (3) (4)

Dogs That Hardly Bark by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Please what's the best breed of dog to get if you want a pet dog that hardly barks?
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Seun(m): 9:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
Some common breeds to definitely avoid: Caucasian Shepherd, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Lhasa Apso, and even American Eskimo.

Some common breeds to consider: Samoyed. Golden Retrievers and Labradors are rarely aggressive but can be very hyper and noisy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8wvUqZfHs

Why do you want a dog that hardly barks?

Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Davidbanky(m): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2014
Seun: Some common breeds to definitely avoid: Caucasian Shepherd, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Lhasa Apso, and even American Eskimo.

Some common breeds to consider: Samoyed. Golden Retrievers and Labradors are rarely aggressive but can be very hyper and noisy.

A dog that doesn't bite is just a rat grin

Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Seun: Some common breeds to definitely avoid: Caucasian Shepherd, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Lhasa Apso, and even American Eskimo.

I want a dog that won't disturb my neighbours.
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
tukane: I want a dog that won't disturb my neighbours.
Fair enough. What do you want the dog to do for you? What will be the dog's job?
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Seun:
Fair enough. What do you want the dog to do for you? What will be the dog's job?
A pet, a dog that'll live in my apartment.
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by padeolu: 10:12pm On Sep 06, 2014
tukane:
A pet, a dog that'll live in my apartment.
go for a golden retriever..
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Eveezy(m): 11:16pm On Sep 06, 2014
There is only one dog that never barks and that is the African Bsenji, so if u want a dog that would never bark or disturb ur neighbours, get d basenji, I don't know of any breeder that has it for sale though, but you can try searching the net
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by soasm(m): 4:11am On Sep 15, 2014
Oga seun, abeg na how much the Golden Retriever cost? and how can I train my Rott to be more aggressive, she's too playful.
Seun:
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by BOUNTYDOG(m): 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
Get a bullmastiff,they have a fiercy look with rough faces,so confident and hardly barks,I mean they hardly barks
So if u want a dog to scare intruders from entering ur compound and will not bark to disturb ur neighbours,then the pure bullmastiff is the ideal dog for you
Though they can be quite expensive and not v easy to come by a pure one,and they are heavy eaters
I breed them,I can assure you get a pure one from me,we are very few pure bullmastiff breeders that I know of.most dogs some ppl call bullmastiffs are really not it.

Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Prodeegee(m): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2014
Seun:
Some common breeds to definitely avoid: Caucasian Shepherd, German Shepherd, Rottweiler, Lhasa Apso, and even American Eskimo.

Samoyed? Dnt try samoyed o.
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Seun(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
Prodeegee:
Samoyed? Dnt try samoyed o.
Pls tell us more about this. Samoyeds are not supposed to be aggressive. They are supposed to be completely useless as watchdogs. If a Samoyed is aggressive, could it be that it's been mixed with American Eskimos (which are good watchdogs) or white German Shepherds?
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Prodeegee(m): 10:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
Seun:
Pls tell us more about this. Samoyeds are not supposed to be aggressive. They are supposed to be completely useless as watchdogs. If a Samoyed is aggressive, could it be that it's been mixed with American Eskimos (which are good watchdogs) or white German Shepherds?

NO seun, I totally disagree. In my years of experience, I've learnt that those little white cuties u see as puppies don't all grow up to be nice. A samoyed under a year might be mild and lovely. Although my experience has been mostly with males. I currently have one, which a frnd sold to a client 2yrs ago. The client calld 3mnths bak to say he doesn't want to keep the dog anymore and he shd come pick him. The dog is at my house now. Very aggressive. I mean, the height of aggressiveness. And ds is a full samo. Because I'm an animal behaviourist, I knw what and what not. But others who aren't learned abt dogs can't go close. And from experience, samoyeds bark. And so do lhasa's. I went to buy a female lhasa pup for a client at omole estate and u shd see hw all the lhasas in the house started singing hymns. I'm currently writing on the basenji breed. Does anyone know the original basenji don't bark atall? I mean they CAN'T bark. So I wonder why people call out local dog a basenji.
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
Prodeegee:

Does anyone know the original basenji don't bark atall? I mean they CAN'T bark. So I wonder why people call out local dog a basenji.
you're right..original Basenjis don't bark while our 'local dogs' do bark. But really aside d barking thing, they don't have any other difference. I think they're still Basenjis. surely they must belong to a breed, and I've googled and googled, but no other breed's description comes close.
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
Prodeegee:

NO seun, I totally disagree. In my years of experience, I've learnt that those little white cuties u see as puppies don't all grow up to be nice. A samoyed under a year might be mild and lovely. Although my experience has been mostly with males. I currently have one, which a frnd sold to a client 2yrs ago. The client calld 3mnths bak to say he doesn't want to keep the dog anymore and he shd come pick him. The dog is at my house now. Very aggressive. I mean, the height of aggressiveness. And ds is a full samo. Because I'm an animal behaviourist, I knw what and what not. But others who aren't learned abt dogs can't go close. And from experience, samoyeds bark. And so do lhasa's. I went to buy a female lhasa pup for a client at omole estate and u shd see hw all the lhasas in the house started singing hymns. I'm currently writing on the basenji breed. Does anyone know the original basenji don't bark atall? I mean they CAN'T bark. So I wonder why people call out local dog a basenji.
Re: Dogs That Hardly Bark by BOUNTYDOG(m): 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
Prodeegee:

Yea they mistake a local dog for a basenji
Basenji's have one unique thing amongst other dogs,I.e they come on heat only once in a year ː̗̀=))ː̖́•​​​​​ℓσℓ•ː̗̀=))ː̖́•​​​​​.

Adult Male German Shepherd For Sale / Elephant Uses Car To Scratch Genitals (photos) / Rottweiler Puppies For Sale