Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Draw Strength In The Lord By Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Draw Strength In The Lord By Praying (530 Views)

The 6 Unbelieveable Jawdropping Feats Of Strength In The Bible / The Strength In Knowledge / Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Draw Strength In The Lord By Praying by yommyuk: 6:23am On Sep 07, 2014
We know who our enemy is, and we may even be dressed for battle (Eph. 6:11). But we don’t feel ready. Our weaknesses seem large and our strength small.

To stand firm in this life, we need the power of our living Lord operating within us. To have God’s divine power released in us requires serious, sustained prayer When we communicate with the Father, His Holy Spirit will give us discernment so that we can recognize truths about spiritual warfare and gain insight into the adversary’s tactics (1 Cor. 2:14). Starting each morning with the Lord lets Him strengthen us to stand steadfastly for Christ, no matter what is in store for us that day.

Prayer is an essential element in our protection against the devil. If we are prayerless—that is, if we fail to seek God’s guidance and neglect to put on His armor by faith every day—then we will be defeated. Our understanding and vision apart from the Lord are too limited and the enemy is too powerful for us to stand alone. However, Romans 8:37 tells us that with God, we will be more than conquerors. He will make us ready if we draw close to Him through prayer, listen to His instructions, and follow through with obedience.

The enemy despises prayers that are offered through faith in Jesus Christ, because he has no defense against them. Persevering prayer strengthens you. It also crushes Satan’s might and sends him running (James 4:7). Drop to your knees in prayer to the Lord and watch what happens.

James 1:6-7
But he must ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind. For that man ought not to expect that he will receive anything from the Lord,

2 Chronicles 7:14
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

1 John 3:21-22
Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.

Proverbs 15:29
The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.

1 Kings 3:11-12
God said to him, "Because you have asked this thing and have not asked for yourself long life, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have you asked for the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself discernment to understand justice, behold, I have done according to your words Behold, I have given you a wise and discerning heart, so that there has been no one like you before you, nor shall one like you arise after you.

Psalms 34:15
The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous And His ears are open to their cry.

IT IS WELL. HAVE A BLESSED GLORIOUS DAY wink

(1) (Reply)

Pls Let's Help A Woman And Her Kids With Good Daily Paid Job / Islamic Revolution New World Order, Replacing Old Order Of Freedom / The Anointing In You: Part One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.