Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,079 members, 7,957,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:00 AM

The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide (1334 Views)

Throw Back Thursday: 10 Songs From The 2000s You Probably Already Forgot About / Official Billboard- The Greatest 100 Artists Of All Time Worldwide / BILLBOARD Just Published The Top 100 Artists Of All Time. Check If Urs Made It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by sexzskil(f): 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
10. Jay z

9. Nelly

8. Kanye West

7. Nickkelback

6.Jenifer Lopez

5. Alicia Keys

4. Beyonce Knowles- Bey was the top female artist of the 2000s and also the top radio artist of the decade.

3. Mariah Carey- Mariah had the most popular song of the decade according to Billboard, We Belong Together from her album, The Emancipation Of MiMi.

2. Eminem- Call it a come back or whatever, but Marshal Mather never went anywhere. Eminem was officially crowned the best selling act of the decade, and being the only artist to have two albums certified Diamond by the RIAA, thee Marshal Mathers Lp and The Eminem Show. Through out the decade, Eminem was causing controversies everywhere, from insulting George Bush Administration to picking on Michael Jackson's child abuse case and Maria Carey. Rolling Stone listed Stan as one of the greatest songs ever sang. Slim was also the first hiphop artist to sell two Diamond albums.

1. Usher- Usher Raymond was the most dorminant force in popular music through out the 2000s. He was the first artist in history to top the Billboard hot 100 with four songs from one album. His album Confessions was ranked the biggest solo album and the longest charting album of the decade. Behind only Eminem, Usher was the most successful artist overall. Moreover, there was no artist that had numerous famous songs as Mr. Raymond, for instance we had U got it Bad, U don't Have to Call, U Remind Me, Yeah and Caught Up that young men all over the earth danced to and were obsessed with. We also enjoyed every bit of My Boo, Bad Girl, U Turn, Pop Ya Collar, Confessions Pt 1 & 2, Burn, Love In The Club, Same Girl, I Need A Girl, Lovers And Friends and Moving mountains. All these classics were worldwide anthem back in the 2000s. Confessions also had the first week sales for an rnb album in history, and seventh of the best in Nielson Sound Scan history. Usher became the the third artist ever to have two songs as the two best selling singles of a year, and the first in the 21st century.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by Smartlux(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
wow!!! All i can say is wow!!! Eminem I respect
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2014
were is michael jackson,rihana britney spears
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by sexzskil(f): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
samflexxy: were is michael jackson,rihana britney spears
Rihanna and Britney can make the top 20, moreover, the latter made more wave in the 90s than in the 2000s. As for MJ, his 2001 album, Invisible...was impactful but only for some few while. Jackson's career had already peaked since the 90s. Rihanna only had three major hit during that era.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2014
sexzskil: 10. Jay z

9. Nelly

8. Kanye West

7. Nickkelback

6.Jenifer Lopez

5. Alicia Keys

4. Beyonce Knowles- Bey was the top female artist of the 2000s and also the top radio artist of the decade.

3. Mariah Carey- Mariah had the most popular song of the decade according to Billboard, We Belong Together from her album, The Emancipation Of MiMi.

2. Eminem- Call it a come back or whatever, but Marshal Mather never went anywhere. Eminem was officially crowned the best selling act of the decade, and being the only artist to have two albums certified Diamond by the RIAA, thee Marshal Mathers Lp and The Eminem Show. Through out the decade, Eminem was causing controversies everywhere, from insulting George Bush Administration to picking on Michael Jackson's child abuse case and Maria Carey. Rolling Stone listed Stan as one of the greatest songs ever sang. Slim was also the first hiphop artist to sell two Diamond albums.

1. Usher- Usher Raymond was the most dorminant force in popular music through out the 2000s. He was the first artist in history to top the Billboard hot 100 with four songs from one album. His album Confessions was ranked the biggest solo album and the longest charting album of the decade. Behind only Eminem, Usher was the most successful artist overall. Moreover, there was no artist that had numerous famous songs as Mr. Raymond, for instance we had U got it Bad, U don't Have to Call, U Remind Me, Yeah and Caught Up that young men all over the earth danced to and were obsessed with. We also enjoyed every bit of My Boo, Bad Girl, U Turn, Pop Ya Collar, Confessions Pt 1 & 2, Burn, Love In The Club, Same Girl, I Need A Girl, Lovers And Friends and Moving mountains. All these classics were worldwide anthem back in the 2000s. Confessions also had the first week sales for an rnb album in history, and seventh of the best in Nielson Sound Scan history. Usher became the the third artist ever to have two songs as the two best selling singles of a year, and the first in the 21st century.

Ever heard of Dream Theater? Every member of Dream Theater is a milestone better than any of those artists, How then are those artists the top ten greatest artists worldwide? Explain how. They are not even in the top200. So laughable to even see the most terrible, talentless, gayest excuse for an artist that is usher being number 1 on the list, pretty much sums up the rest of the list, infact John Petrucci of Dream Theater Has got more talent in his pinky(little finger) than those 10artists combined, you can also add as many of those artists' record label mates as you like but Petrucci will still be better, that's how good he is, sad but true.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by sexzskil(f): 9:04am On Sep 08, 2014
RSAMAN:

Ever heard of Dream Theater? Every member of Dream Theater is a milestone better than any of those artists, How then are those artists the top ten greatest artists worldwide? Explain how. They are not even in the top200. So laughable to even see the most terrible, talentless, gayest excuse for an artist that is usher being number 1 on the list, pretty much sums up the rest of the list, infact John Petrucci of Dream Theater Has got more talent in his pinky(little finger) than those 10artists combined, you can also add as many of those artists' record label mates as you like but Petrucci will still be better, that's how good he is, sad but true.
Dream Theater? you comparing them to Usher? Lol. Usher is terrible, talentless? well, u have a right to your opinion. But fact is Theater Dream or what you call them can only be upcoming artists beside those global entertainment genius I listed above, as a proof of that, they are hardly known and unpopular, which means they were never big, if you are really established or great artistically the whole world would hear of u
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 1:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
sexzskil:
Dream Theater? you comparing them to Usher? Lol. Usher is terrible, talentless? well, u have a right to your opinion. But fact is Theater Dream or what you call them can only be upcoming artists beside those global entertainment genius I listed above, as a proof of that, they are hardly known and unpopular, which means they were never big, if you are really established or great artistically the whole world would hear of u

you have shiiiity music tastes, don't blame me if you don't know Dream Theater. But i forgive you for that because i don't expect a typical dull usher fan to appreciate such musical genius masterworks DT make. Click the link below and read every word in the article or shut up

http://www.dreamtheater.net/news/studio-albums-1992-2011-box-set-102981
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by philantoxx(m): 8:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
since kanye is ably represented I hold my peace.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by sexzskil(f): 1:29am On Sep 09, 2014
RSAMAN:

you have shiiiity music tastes, don't blame me if you don't know Dream Theater. But i forgive you for that because i don't expect a typical dull usher fan to appreciate such musical genius masterworks DT make. Click the link below and read every word in the article or shut up

http://www.dreamtheater.net/news/studio-albums-1992-2011-box-set-102981
but must you insult me? I just know that in a one trillion lifetime, they can never reach the level of Usher's greatness.

pls do not quote me again, am done with you, you so awkward and boring.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 3:11am On Sep 09, 2014
sexzskil:
but must you insult me? I just know that in a one trillion lifetime, they can never reach the level of Usher's greatness.

You know this how? You don't know DT, remember? Stop embarassing yourself. What a silly and ignorant thing to say, DT can't reach usher's greatness in a trillion lifetime? Do you even know what you're talking about hahaha, infact it's the other way around, truth is a bitter pill to swallow. there you are thinking usher is a music God, let's look at the facts:
-has usher ever written a 20-43 minutes long song? DT has written 20minute plus song and a 40min plus song, infact Almost every DTs song is 10minute minimum.
- Do you know how difficult it is to write the music DT writes? It is not just a dull, repetitve 10 minute long song.
-Do you know DTs music is progressive? It can contain 100s of riffs in one song, the song can modulate and change key signatures and time signatures a 100times in a song and contain tons and tons of ideas,
Can usher reach the vocal range James LaBrie(vocalist of DT) can reach? Do you know how demanding the music DT writes on the part of the vocalist? Infact every part every member of DT plays is very demanding.
-Still on how demanding their music is, when their drummer, Mike Portnoy, abruptly retired from DT do know u how stressful and daunting long process it was to find his replacement?
Alot of auditions were held and getting the right guy was highly stressful, it's so demanding for each member's contribution to DT.
-Do you know the music DT writes took them years and years to perfect. That's why every member is so skillful.

Here's a quote from wikipedia:
The band is well known for the technical
proficiency of its instrumentalists, who
have won many awards from music
instruction magazines. Guitarist John
Petrucci has been named as the third
player on the G3 tour six times, more than
any invited players. In 2009 he was
named the No. 2 best metal guitarist by
Joel McIver in his book The 100 Greatest
Metal Guitarists. He was also named as
one of the "Top 10 Fastest Shredders of
All Time" by GuitarOne magazine.[1]
Jordan Rudess is considered to be one of
the greatest keyboard players of all time
by many publications like MusicRadar.[2]
Former drummer Mike Portnoy has won
26 awards from Modern Drummer
magazine and is also the second youngest
person (at the age of 37) to be inducted
into the Rock Drummer Hall of Fame. His
replacement Mike Mangini has also
previously set 5 WFD records.[3] John
Myung was voted the greatest bassist of
all time in a poll conducted by MusicRadar
in August through September 2010. The
band was inducted into the Long Island
Music Hall of Fame in 2010.
as i have said, you should have read the article or shut up. It's that simple.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 3:12am On Sep 09, 2014
sexzskil:

Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 09, 2014
sexzskil:
Rihanna and Britney can make the top 20, moreover, the latter made more wave in the 90s than in the 2000s. As for MJ, his 2001 album, Invisible...was impactful but only for some few while. Jackson's career had already peaked since the 90s. Rihanna only had three major hit during that era.
I like you u have facts to back up ur claims but seriously mj's death made his albums sell drastically

1 Like

Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2014
philantoxx: since kanye is ably represented I hold my peace.

kanye west is average at best and only contributes to the downfall of rap.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 11:27am On Sep 09, 2014
samflexxy: I like you u have facts to back up ur claims but seriously mj's death made his albums sell drastically
facts? Lol. Yet she can't present proper arguements to the aid of her beloved artists. It's more like the media speaking, That's the problem with society today. Itz the Radio Dayz.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by philantoxx(m): 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2014
RSAMAN:

kanye west is average at best and only contributes to the downfall of rap.
do a proper check bruv.do u tink he got the highest Grammies on a plater of gold?team kanye
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
philantoxx:
do a proper check bruv.do u tink he got the highest Grammies on a plater of gold?team kanye

http://mp3skull.com/mp3/immortal_technique_harlem_streets.html

Artist: Immortal Technique
Song: Harlem Streets
Size: 6.2mb

http://mp3skull.com/mp3/immortal_technique_obnoxious.html

Artist: Immortal Technique
Song: Obnoxious
Size: 6.2mb

The artist has never won a single grammy, infact he has never ever even been nominated for a grammy, BET, MTV award etc... He has sold only a fraction of record sales compared to millions and millions that kanye west has sold. But listen to those two songs and be amazed. Grammies, record sales, popularity don't necesarily translate to a greatest mc of all time.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by philantoxx(m): 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2014
RSAMAN:

The artist has never won a single grammy, infact he has never ever even been nominated for a grammy, BET, MTV award etc... He has sold only a fraction of record sales compared to millions and millions that kanye west has sold. But listen to those two songs and be amazed. Grammies, record sales, popularity don't necesarily translate to a greatest mc of all time.

awards sure cements a legendary status.its like a world best footballer whose never won a trophy.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2014
philantoxx:
awards sure cements a legendary status.its like a world best footballer whose never won a trophy.

awards cements a legendary status? What the fuq? That's the most idiotic thing you have said so far. Wow! you've hit a new low. Lyrical content, metaphors, tight punchlines, multisyllabic tongue twisting rhymes, cements a rapper's credibility, not awards pal. If we go by that logic then macarena is the best dance in the world. If you so much so as even think kanye west is in the top100 great mcs of all time then you have no slightest idea what rap is. Educate yourself first on hip hop then we can talk. stop thinking the trash rap songs are great just because they are in the top40. Let me explain a bit: songs in the top40 are there not because they're great but because they appeal to masses. in order to appeal to masses you have to conform to certain acceptable standards for simple hip hop in order to attract the attention of the masses. to do so then you have to tone down your lyrical skill, touch on cheesy subject matters such as cars, bling bling, women, cash, drugs, etc; it all has to be in the simplest form in order to attract masses, the masses have to identify with your music, so you have to make sure you have some cheesy generic rap beat. The masses are composed generally of teenagers and pre-teens, so these music is generally cartered for them, the skill is toned down, beat generic. The same artists are then in the top40 and raking in awards after awards, but generally on a lower level of skill. That's where talentless rappers come in, they scan the market, know what they want and provide for that need to the masses that desire cheesy, simple hip hop. the music is terrible in itself but they're happy to provide it, it's just business.
I know of alot of highly skilled rappers that toned down their skills and lyrical content in order to appeal to a wider range of audience but then it became a problem because talentless rappers like kanye west saw that loop-hole and thought 'hey i can be a rapper too' and started to abuse that loop-hole they have just found. Thanks to that loop-hole we now have artists that are so terrible and talentless such as kanye west, nicki minaj, lil wayne, birdman, rick ross, young jeezy, wiz khalifa, etc and they're are raking in awards year after year.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by philantoxx(m): 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
RSAMAN:

awards cements a legendary status? What the fuq? That's the most idiotic thing you have said so far. Wow! you've hit a new low. Lyrical content, metaphors, tight punchlines, multisyllabic tongue twisting rhymes, cements a rapper's credibility, not awards pal. If we go by that logic then macarena is the best dance in the world. If you so much so as even think kanye west is in the top100 great mcs of all time then you have no slightest idea what rap is. Educate yourself first on hip hop then we can talk. stop thinking the trash rap songs are great just because they are in the top40. Let me explain a bit: songs in the top40 are there not because they're great but because they appeal to masses. in order to appeal to masses you have to conform to certain acceptable standards for simple hip hop in order to attract the attention of the masses. to do so then you have to tone down your lyrical skill, touch on cheesy subject matters such as cars, bling bling, women, cash, drugs, etc; it all has to be in the simplest form in order to attract masses, the masses have to identify with your music, so you have to make sure you have some cheesy generic rap beat. The masses are composed generally of teenagers and pre-teens, so these music is generally cartered for them, the skill is toned down, beat generic. The same artists are then in the top40 and raking in awards after awards, but generally on a lower level of skill. That's where talentless rappers come in, they scan the market, know what they want and provide for that need to the masses that desire cheesy, simple hip hop. the music is terrible in itself but they're happy to provide it, it's just business.
seems your bent on this gud rappers no awards tin.wish u all the best in your voyage to no man's land.in kanye I trust
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
philantoxx:
seems your bent on this gud rappers no awards tin.wish u all the best in your voyage to no man's land.in kanye I trust

good luck yourself with your pop rappers.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2014
RSAMAN:

and who told you I didn't listen to kanye's "YEEZUS" and felt some great shiit ? YOU heard New slaves,black skinheads, Hold my liquor ? Now this are great songs..
lemme take new slaves for some kinda case study....

My momma was raised in an era when Clean water was only served to the fairer skin/Doing clothes you would have thought I had help,But they wasn't satisfied unless I picked the cotton myself/
You see it's broke nigga racism,That's that "Don't touch anything in the store"/
And it's rich nigga racism,That's that Come in, please buy more/

What you want, a Bentley? Fur coat? A diamond chain?/

All you blacks want all the same things/
Used to only be niggas, now everybody playing /
Spending everything on Alexander Wang /
New Slaves

I see the blood on the leaves/
They throwing hate at me

I know that pussy ain't free/
You niggas pussy, ain't me/
Y'all throwing contracts at me/You know that niggas (blacks who dropped outta school) can't read/
Throw them some Maybach keys/
Bleep it, c'est la vie (that's how life is)
Long and short,Ye' is simply saying we all blacks are still slaves even tho they wear gold chains worth $$$,just a new form of slavery from "Iron chains to gold chains" (since Alexander Wang is owned by a white dude and most folks use it ).....

this songs also sends a message to everyone (not only blacks),Saying "There's no such thing as total freedom"....WE ARE ALL SLAVES To the money,bittches, religion,Culture,Govt. Policy etcetera.....

philantoxx thumbs up joor

hol' up,you said lil Wayne is crap,Ha-ha, You know he's the shit (Tha block is hot,Carter 1,2,3) and you call him crap,I thought you jam songs from 1989-2004 (too many nairalanders say this ),How come you never heard Wayne ? This ridiculous tho
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2014
Jregz:
and who told you I didn't listen to kanye's "YEEZUS" and felt some great shiit ? YOU heard New slaves,black skinheads, Hold my liquor ? Now this are great songs..

Long and short,Ye' is simply saying we all blacks are still slaves even tho they wear gold chains worth $$$,just a new form of slavery from "Iron chains to gold chains" (since Alexander Wang is owned by a white dude and most folks use it ).....

this songs also sends a message to everyone (not only blacks),Saying "There's no such thing as total freedom"....WE ARE ALL SLAVES To the money,bittches, religion,Culture,Govt. Policy etcetera.....

Are you sure those lyrics are from a rap song? I could have sworn that was pop song, They are as weak as fuq, an entire paragraph and the nigga manages only syllables on a singular dimension, no internal rhyme, or middle
rhyme, i.e rhyme that occurs within a
single line of verse, or between internal
phrases across multiple lines; the rhyme pattern don't allow the lyrics to flow and cannot rhyme between end lines; the story is merely retold in a simple context ie not done in an intellectually complex lyrical form and delivery capturing the listeners imagination, that paragraph is more like reading some terrible book by some obsocure author because books written by great authors would atleast capture your imagination with a skillful naration even if the story is boring.
I can drop a single line from my favorite rapper and it would be miles ahead of the entire paragraph you just dropped here.

hol' up,you said lil Wayne is crap,Ha-ha, You know he's the shit (Tha block is hot,Carter 1,2,3) and you call him crap,I thought you jam songs from 1989-2004 (too many nairalanders say this ),How come you never heard Wayne ? This ridiculous tho
lil wayne has been wack since day one and no i don't listen to rap from 1989-2004 but from 1989-2014.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2014
RSAMAN:

Are you sure those lyrics are from a rap song? I could have sworn that was pop song, They are as weak as fuq, an entire paragraph and the nigga manages only syllables on a singular dimension, no internal rhyme, or middle
rhyme, i.e rhyme that occurs within a
single line of verse, or between internal
phrases across multiple lines; the rhyme pattern don't allow the lyrics to flow and cannot rhyme between end lines; the story is merely retold in a simple context ie not done in an intellectually complex lyrical form and delivery capturing the listeners imagination, that paragraph is more like reading some terrible book by some obsocure author because books written by great authors would atleast capture your imagination with a skillful naration even if the story is boring.
I can drop a single line from my favorite rapper and it would be miles ahead of the entire paragraph you just dropped here.

lil wayne has been wack since day one and no i don't listen to rap from 1989-2004 but from 1989-2014.

Keep on hating.....kanye isn't my best rapper,Methodman/HOV/RedMAn/Lil'Wayne/Jermaine Cole are my Best,Just because immortal or rakim is your fav rapper doesn't mean kanye is crap...grow up brother man
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by philantoxx(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2014
Jregz:

kanye is for the matured minds.probably y dat dude can't comprehend.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2014
philantoxx:

oh yeah wow! Kanye west is for the matured minds! Wow How come i've never realised this? That's the reason why my 9 year old niece and her entire class mates are so into kanye west, they think he's hot, they are so matured and kanye west is mainly aimed at those matured 9year olds. But fortunately for kanye west and crew through marketing campaigns so sophisticated they manage to get the attention of immature adults like you in addition to their matured 9year olds, Wow! You never cease to amaze me and you seem to be getting worse by every reply.
Here's a thing about me, I search extensively for great musicians, listen to what they have to offer and intensively analyse their skill, and make the decision whether that artist really rocks my boat, whether that artist is truly talented, whether that artist is lyrically skilfull. I make All those decisions myself but you on the other hand you wait for mtv, bet etc to tell you who's hot and who's not when they give those shiiiitty excuse for artists a piece of shiny silverware they don't even derseve and no matter how shiiiitty the artist is as long as bet, mtv tell you he's hot you believe them, now who's mature between me and you? Kanye doesn't deserve a single award he's ever won, oops maybe he deserves only one and that's for the production to talib kweli's song 'get by', that's it, kanye deserves one award in his entire career because there's 100s and 100s of mcs that are 100times better than kanye and should've won those awards instead of kanye but unfortunately they are overlooked. I've already explained how this shiiiitty award thing works in my previous postings but you still don't understand, i don't get you man. Why did kanye sell 20million copies? Well 100s of billions of flies think shiiiitt is delicious.
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 12:31am On Sep 14, 2014
philantoxx:

Artist: Organized Konfusion
Song: Numbers
Lyrics:

Uhh, turn it up, hah, uhh, yo, check it
Now add it up, uhh, add it up, uhh
Check it out, we're like
Three LP's precise from my Five Deadly
Venoms
With international plugs like nine Organized
emblems
Get it? Twenty Thousand Leagues, extra
deep
Runnin' with the number thirteen with my
40 Below's upon the feet
Now Adam 12 got me in this 20/20
So I'm double, oh, seven about my four one
one
Seventy-four, catch my eighty-three degrees
of heat
We merkin' four-twenty eat island three five
N2Deep
Mack 10 under seat for car jacking
Passenger 57's
A Product 19 who gets the dumpster behind
7 Eleven
4 1 0 8 0 9 1 5 9
Same 227 style with one nosy bitch in the
blind
Hit, one-five-five for twenty sacks and better
Nothin' but love for this nigga, Mr. 16th
Letter
Mr. 16th Letter, Mr. 16th Letter
Yo, nine times out of ten a nigga won't
shine
I drop dime on five niggaz who all had nines
On the corner of my block doin' crime, now
I'm
Walkin' around with the fo' pound, now
lately
Lookin' over my shoulder with a six hour
three-eighty
Maybe the baby Tec woulda been nicer to
bring along
Sing along with me if y'all know the song
Mines, gimme, not Vinnie but I'm naughty
In forty projects drinkin' 40's till I'm forty
Truncatin' drum loops with Pauly
On the SP-1200 and 1212, you feel it
Mission to create, matrimony and reveal it
It's love in the form of life as you know it
You skatin' with the eight and I'ma damn
sure, show it
Funky Four plus one, you know makes five,
fantastic, romantic, got live
Furious was cheeriest, the Treacherous
Three
We be the Awesome Two most definitely
Makes five, got live, three, we be the
Awesome Two
Now I can get, get, smart, smart
But I'm not, not eighty-six in the mind, mind
you
I got a girl named Ninety-Nine and when I
rhyme
She rhymes too, she likes to do the sixty-
nine
And so I climb up through to the top of the
pile
But see I'm not standing on gomer
I hit a homer and I got jumped by The
Simpsons
Not to mention, Pharoahe Mon-Chi-Chi,
eighty-nine percent
Of the time, I'm sure of my rhyme like shake
redemption
The remaining eleven percent come from
seven percent
Great God Pharoahe of heaven ascent racin'
a 5.0 in my 380i
On my way back from Florida on four-
ninety-five
We just parlayin' with the one, one, one
Check one, now add it up, now add the two,
two, two
Uhh, Monch, add it up, truly with the three,
three, three, three
Yo, add it up, we be the Awesome Two most
definitely
Now just yesterday I couldn't took my last
Five Heartbeats
Now I feeling it's for spiritual reasons
No more sweet sixteens and dick teasing
Too many Tech-9's behind trees
And five, oh, keeps a black brotha bleedin'
Fillin' 'em up like Unleaded Phillips 66
Owin' me more than 40 Acres and these
Mule kicks
Gettin' the 48 Hours like Eddie Murphy
Too dark to mix, now triple-six wanna hurt
me
Still reachin' for more
Re: The Top Ten Greatest Artists Of The 2000s Decade Worldwide by RSAMAN(m): 12:40am On Sep 14, 2014
The lyrics above are from a song called numbers by organized konfusion. Do u see the skill portrayed there? Just to prove the ridiculousness of your awards shows. They Took a subject matter about numbers in a song and came up with tight lyrics as that. Can you Imagine what lyrics they come with on any other subject matter if they could come up with this quality of rhymes when only just rhyming on the subject matter about numbers? Kanye west will never get on this level. How can he? He can't even come up with a proper name for his child and just thought he'd rather name the child after a compass position, i bet he used his entire brain cells to even come up with that name. Such a low iq 4kanye to even comprehend lyrics by Organized Konfusion for a man who named his after a compass.

(1) (Reply)

80s Nostalgia Project / Polyibadan Vs Everybody Cypher!!! / Watch Some Of The Sickest Freestyles On ZoneOut Sessions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.