Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,109 members, 7,818,308 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu (1021 Views)

Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev / Those Claiming To Have Cure For Ebola Will Be Arrested – NAFDAC / Man From Nigeria Tested For Ebola In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu by Leopantro: 3:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
I approved N1.9bn for Ebola alone,
Jonathan insists

“It is not for Ebola fund. It will be
used to procure more vehicles for
working which have been ordered.
It would be used to procure more
drugs that have been ordered…and
other items - Chukwu.

President Goodluck Jonathan has insisted that the N1.9 billion he recently approved is for the containment of the Ebola Virus Disease in the country. This is contrary to the claim by Health Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu that the fund was meant for the overhaul of the entire health sector. The president spoke Saturday at Dutse International Airport, Jigawa State, where he flagged off the airlift of the first set of intending pilgrims to Saudi Arabia for this year’s hajj exercise. Jonathan, who was represented by Vice President Mohammed Namadi Sambo, explained that the Federal Government earmarked N1.9 billion as the support for states to contain the spread of the virus. Recalling that his administration had supported Lagos State with N200 million to contain the disease, the president assured that all the states of the federation would be assisted to fight the epidemic. Jonathan also disclosed that his government had extended its support to some neigbouring countries to contain the spread of the disease. The president charged all Nigeria’s pilgrims to pray for the country to surmount the current security challenges. “I believe all pilgrims are aware of the challenges facing our country. These challenges require not only dedication of the leadership but also prayers from every pilgrim. We should therefore be persistent in our prayers for peace, progress and prosperity of our beloved country”, he said. In his remarks, the Sultan of Sokoto and Permanent National Amirul Hajj, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, commended the federal government’s towards containing the spread of Ebola. The Sultan noted that the efforts had made this year’s hajj possible for Nigerian pilgrims. He, however, implored the pilgrims to present themselves for all necessary medical tests to be carried out on them. The Sultan also asked the pilgrims to pray for Nigeria to defeat all the evils in the country; while urging all Nigerians to collaborate in eliminating the current security challenges in the country.

www.nairapark.com/headline.php?news=i-approved-n1-9bn-for-ebola-alone-jonathan-insists&nav=1410094917&n=143022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu by 5minsmadness: 4:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
grin grin grin

When chukwu said it was for procurement of cars he kept quiet, now that the virus has resurfaced Oga jona don dey chew him mouth grin

Election runs grin

2 Likes

Re: I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Chopping Ebola Money Since 1855. grin grin

Re: I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
If the President and his staffs believe the money was strictly for fighting Ebola and the directives given for the money was strictly for Ebola, the President should sack the Health Minister with immediate effect and charge him to court for misappropriation of funds.
Re: I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
Just fiddling with our minds, they know what they are doing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Successfully Damage Your Kidney / Cure For HIV Is Impossible- HIV Discoverer. / Oxidative Stress Is The Biggest Monster Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.