Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,367 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. (1349 Views)

Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Pst. Chris Ojigbani: Courtship Before Marriage Is A Waste Of Time / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by olycholy(f): 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2014
Some people call it 'testing the goods before paying'. Lol.
That goods is suppose to be a surprise package from God, why go before him (God) and run after him for the rest of your life?
Fornication (sexual intercourse, touching/romancing, eProstitution, sharing and sending of indecent pictures, masturbation, using intimacy gadget, etc) is a sin, Christianity is against it so is Islam. And am wondering why do people celebrate sin?

Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

The above bible passage explains that you must first come together under the marriage union before you are permitted to consummate.

OTHER BIBLE PASSAGES TO BACK WHAT AM SAYING

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
So if you know you practice sexual immorality of any type, kind or form repent now and ask God for forgiveness. God bless you as you do so. I love you plenty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
If u are gonna follow everything that isn't a sin, my bro, u go dey church nw o... Men, righteous life is a boring life....
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by ammyluv2002(f): 6:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
MrIknowAll: If u are gonna follow everything that isn't a sin, my bro, u go dey church nw o... Men, righteous life is a boring life....
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Common sensically you gotta get used to your partner in the short run(courting) to know if you two are compactable in the long run(marriage) and so it encompasses all sphere of life,be it Sex,kitchen skill,attitude tolerance,financial management etc. You Don't Need Religion To live A fulfilling Life If You Know How To Think,Reason and Follow Cognition. *No disrespect to any religion but truth hurts and ought to be told
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
MrIknowAll: If u are gonna follow everything that isn't a sin, my bro, u go dey church nw o... Men, righteous life is a boring life....

Its also a life free of a lot of heartache and pain caused by stupid choices we make when we refuse God's guidance.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
aaronson: Common sensically you gotta get used to your partner in the short run(courting) to know if you two are compactable in the long run(marriage) and so it encompasses all sphere of life,be it Sex,kitchen skill,attitude tolerance,financial management etc. You Don't Need Religion To live A fulfilling Life If You Know How To Think,Reason and Follow Cognition. *No disrespect to any religion but truth hurts and ought to be told

When you are having sex during courtship, you will probably be distracted from the more important things like financial management, attitude adjustment etc. The simple truth is that a marriage based on a clean courtship is already off to a better start. For one, both parties have already demonstrated their capacity for self control. So they are less likely to suspect the other of infidelity.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
honeychild:

When you are having sex during courtship, you will probably be distracted from the more important things like financial management, attitude adjustment etc. The simple truth is that a marriage based on a clean courtship is already off to a better start. For one, both parties have already demonstrated their capacity for self control. So they are less likely to suspect the other of infidelity.

This is not true if you truely love your partner,in order words,you tryna tell me if you and me were married and our sex life is explosive we tend to forget our marital roles,trivial responsibilities and wear an attitude of suspectinq each other,that's not love!!!!
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
aaronson: This is not true if you truely love your partner,in order words,you tryna tell me if you and me were married and our sex life is explosive we tend to forget our marital roles,trivial responsibilities and wear an attitude of suspectinq each other,that's not love!!!!

A lot of people allow "explosive" sex life to cloud their judgment, and assume that great sex equals love. This is especially so with guys. So assume you are at a point where you are looking to get married and you meet a girl who blows your mind in bed, you are very likely to overlook some fundamental faults because of the great sex.
when you eventually get married and the novelty of "explosive" sex wears off, you suddenly find yourselves incompatible.
Besides, it is easier to suspect your partner of infidelity when you know she/he has had numerous sex partners before you.
As a woman, a man who could exercise self control during our courtship surely deserves my trust to a great degree.

1 Like

Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
honeychild:

A lot of people allow "explosive" sex life to cloud their judgment, and assume that great sex equals love. This is especially so with guys. So assume you are at a point where you are looking to get married and you meet a girl who blows your mind in bed, you are very likely to overlook some fundamental faults because of the great sex.
when you eventually get married and the novelty of "explosive" sex wears off, you suddenly find yourselves incompatible.
Besides, it is easier to suspect your partner of infidelity when you know she/he has had numerous sex partners before you.
As a woman, a man who could exercise self control during our courtship surely deserves my trust to a great degree.
Let's not forget the fact that Op asked Sex before marriage and I could tell you we both lost and talking out the point...now my question to you is how would you know your partner can give you the explosive sex in the long run(marriage) without you testing during courtship to know before walking down the aisle?
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by jamalee: 12:41am On Sep 08, 2014
olycholy: Some people call it 'testing the goods before paying'. Lol.
That goods is suppose to be a surprise package from God, why go before him (God) and run after him for the rest of your life?
Fornication (sexual intercourse, touching/romancing, eProstitution, sharing and sending of indecent pictures, masturbation, using intimacy gadget, etc) is a sin, Christianity is against it so is Islam. And am wondering why do people celebrate sin?

Genesis 2:24
Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

The above bible passage explains that you must first come together under the marriage union before you are permitted to consummate.

OTHER BIBLE PASSAGES TO BACK WHAT AM SAYING

1 Corinthians 7:1-40 Now concerning the matters about which you wrote: “It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman.” But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

Hebrews 13:4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.

Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor, not in the passion of lust like the Gentiles who do not know God;

1 Corinthians 7:2 But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.
So if you know you practice sexual immorality of any type, kind or form repent now and ask God for forgiveness. God bless you as you do so. I love you plenty.
Guy, what if the man is impotent and the wife did not know? Because they are not going to have sex before their day.And the have done wedding on the alter. So another man will be firing the wife and she bring another's man pregnant into her matrimonial home and the husband will gladly accept it because it is an agreement between them and in the future, there will be problem. You kno what I mean? In Islam, nothing wrong with it if I want to view it from my own perspective because we normally use pregnancy to do our own wedding. So, you don't have point there.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 7:44am On Sep 08, 2014
aaronson: Let's not forget the fact that Op asked Sex before marriage and I could tell you we both lost and talking out the point...now my question to you is how would you know your partner can give you the explosive sex in the long run(marriage) without you testing during courtship to know before walking down the aisle?

You don't have to know before marriage. "Explosive sex" is simply a factor of two things:

1. Basic physical attraction
2. Consideration and selflessness

if you're physically attracted to your spouse ( and you don't have to have sex before you know if you are physically attracted to a person or not) then once neither party is selfish, the sex life will be good.

I have a strong feeling you aren't married. Why not ask married folks you know and find out if sex is the all important factor to a successful marriage that it's made out to be.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by frank317: 8:01am On Sep 08, 2014
U religous folks overate sex a lot. If u cannot have sex with ur girl before marriage why marry her? What does sex before marriage change? Guys there is nothing too speciAal about sex, its just putting and bringing out, it does not involve eating of her flesh.
Why do u folks encourage courship in the first place? Isn't it for couples to get to know each other? Why exempt sex from the 'getting to know each other? Why don't u just advocate for bringing two strangers to marry already.
I think its ur love for sex that makes u stress it a lot and u live in denial by abstaining even when its uncalled for.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 08, 2014
honeychild:

You don't have to know before marriage. "Explosive sex" is simply a factor of two things:

1. Basic physical attraction
2. Consideration and selflessness

if you're physically attracted to your spouse ( and you don't have to have sex before you know if you are physically attracted to a person or not) then once neither party is selfish, the sex life will be good.

I have a strong feeling you aren't married. Why not ask married folks you know and find out if sex is the all important factor to a successful marriage that it's made out to be.
Sex can't be the most important thing in marriage but the most vital part for continuity of blissful marriage,so where is the bliss in marriage if they not compactable sexually,I bet one factor in marriage that springs up divorce and separation is sex/infidelity and it all boils down to incompactibility.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 2:15pm On Sep 08, 2014
aaronson: Sex can't be the most important thing in marriage but the most vital part for continuity of blissful marriage,so where is the bliss in marriage if they not compactable sexually,I bet one factor in marriage that springs up divorce and separation is sex/infidelity and it all boils down to incompactibility.

Infidelity. That's the point. A man who has gotten used to 'sampling' different women before marriage in the name of finding out if they were 'sexually compatible' cannot suddenly learn to stay with one woman after marriage.

On the other hand, a man who has learnt self control through abstinence before marriage will certainly be better equipped to be faithful to his wife.

Ask any man you know who got married to a virgin. With patience and tenderness most of them become very 'good'.

It's even better when both are virgins. The process of learning together how to please each other is priceless. It brings a unique bond to the marriage which those who have thrown away their virginity can never have.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by frank317: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
honeychild:

Infidelity. That's the point. A man who has gotten used to 'sampling' different women before marriage in the name of finding out if they were 'sexually compatible' cannot suddenly learn to stay with one woman after marriage.

On the other hand, a man who has learnt self control through abstinence before marriage will certainly be better equipped to be faithful to his wife.

Ask any man you know who got married to a virgin. With patience and tenderness most of them become very 'good'.

It's even better when both are virgins. The process of learning together how to please each other is priceless. It brings a unique bond to the marriage which those who have thrown away their virginity can never have.

Sorry, u sound more like a novice who knows nothing about sex. Ur type will definitely b dissapointed after marriage, because u will find out that all these theories does nt work like that.
I no many men and women who were very active bfore marriage and now their marriage is something to be emulated. However, unfortunately many so called virgins think being a virgin is all that matters in marriage. They are facded with many surprises and are dissapointed. Life is all about what u know and what u do with what u know. Its not a magical place where beibg a virgin atically leads to a perfect married life. Experience, intelligence and personality all have their part to play.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Dewze(m): 5:06pm On Sep 08, 2014
There is nothing like "sex before marriage" in the eyes of God. Sex itself is marriage. God does not resist a true believer from having sex with a woman of his heart. What God says is that if you bond with a woman (have sex with her), you are married to her and must stick with (ceremony or no ceremony).
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
frank317:

Sorry, u sound more like a novice who said nothing about sex. Ur type will definitely b dissapointed after marriage, because u will find out that all these theories does nt work like that.
I no many men and women who were very active bfore marriage and now their marriage is something to be emulated. However, unfortunately many so called virgins think being a virgin is all that matters in marriage. They are facded with many surprises and are dissapointed. Life is all about what u know and what u do with what u know. Its not a magical place where beibg a virgin atically leads to a perfect married life. Experience, intelligence and personality all have their part to play.

sorry to disappoint you I am speaking from experience. I never said that being a virgin was the magic key to a successful marriage. What I said was:
1. Sex is over rated. Great sex doesn't automatically mean a happy marriage. But Great sex before marriage CAN BLIND YOU to potential problems which you now have to face after marriage.

2. With patience and tenderness even two novices can learn together and create mind blowing sex. The process of learning to please your partner and being taught to please her brings a new couple together in a unique way

3.The fact that a young man or woman was able to have enough self control to not have sex before marriage makes it a little easier to resist the temptation to commit adultery. And it makes it easier to trust each other.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 5:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dewze: There is nothing like "sex before marriage" in the eyes of God. Sex itself is marriage. God does not resist a true believer from having sex with a woman of his heart. What God says is that if you bond with a woman (have sex with her), you are married to her and must stick with (ceremony or no ceremony).

sounds like something chris oyaks would teach! grin grin
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
honeychild:

Im so lost because every explanation you give is always a beginning of a new topic,not staying in context of 'sex before marriage' like the op put out,well different strokes for different folks,enjoy whatever rocks your boat as for this man here,ima make sure I get used to my lady in all ramification before marriage comes to mind....peace out
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
aaronson: Im so lost because every explanation you give is always a beginning of a new topic,not staying in context of 'sex before marriage' like the op put out,well different strokes for different folks,enjoy whatever rocks your boat as for this man here,ima make sure I get used to my lady all ramification before marriage comes to mind....peace out

the OP said sex before marriage is wrong. He/sbe quoted scrpture to back himself up. I am sure you don't need me to quote more scrpture. I am addressing the issue from a practical stand point. Scripture aside, there are a lot of practical benefits to a marriage if the couple keep themselves chaste.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by frank317: 10:14pm On Sep 08, 2014
honeychild:

sorry to disappoint you I am speaking from experience. I never said that being a virgin was the magic key to a successful marriage. What I said was:
1. Sex is over rated. Great sex doesn't automatically mean a happy marriage. But Great sex before marriage CAN BLIND YOU to potential problems which you now have to face after marriage.

2. With patience and tenderness even two novices can learn together and create mind blowing sex. The process of learning to please your partner and being taught to please her brings a new couple together in a unique way

3.The fact that a young man or woman was able to have enough self control to not have sex before marriage makes it a little easier to resist the temptation to commit adultery. And it makes it easier to trust each other.

U know sex is over rated yet u open a topic on absteinace before marriage like its the most important thing about marriage. Great sex does not lead to a happy marriage, also 'no sex b4 marriage' dosnt also lead to a happy marriage, so why stress it.

How does sex blind couples from seeing potential problems before marriage? Lovers who are having sex obviously know each other more than lovers who are not sleeping together so what are u saying?

My sister stop saying what's on ur mind like its a fact. Learning sex betwenn couples after marriage does not change their personaality neither does it make thm better couples. Absteining from sex before marriage is a completely useless venture since it adds no value to the marriage, sexually active couples can focus on other things rather than thinking everything is okay because they absteined from sex before marriage.

How did u learn that abstained couples before marriage resist infidelity better. I know so many guy who abstained come out and say they didn't know they were missing a lotn they even over do it outside wedlock. I know a virgin lady who said she felt cheated when she got married and wonders how other men would taste like. Sorry dear its not always like that. In fact the better option is to have sex before marriage.
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
aaronson: Common sensically you gotta get used to your partner in the short run(courting) to know if you two are compactable in the long run(marriage) and so it encompasses all sphere of life,be it Sex,kitchen skill,attitude tolerance,financial management etc. You Don't Need Religion To live A fulfilling Life If You Know How To Think,Reason and Follow Cognition. *No disrespect to any religion but truth hurts and ought to be told
but won't someone die?will you stay here forever.well i guess it is when people die they will remember God.but too late
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by honeychild(f): 4:13am On Sep 09, 2014
frank317:

U know sex is over rated yet u open a topic on absteinace before marriage like its the most important thing about marriage. Great sex does not lead to a happy marriage, also 'no sex b4 marriage' dosnt also lead to a happy marriage, so why stress it.

I didn't open the topic.

frank317:
How does sex blind couples from seeing potential problems before marriage?

its a basic truth which every sexually active woman knows. With very good sex a lot of men can be so easily led and misled. grin grin When a man's "third leg" is actively engaged, his brain is often disengaged.

frank317:
Absteining from sex before marriage is a completely useless venture since it adds no value to the marriage.

The main reason to abstain from sex before marriage is because the Bible says that's what God wants Christians to do. Now if you really don't care what the Bible says, no p. But for those who claim to be Christian, and wish to please God, there are added benefits. God's commands are always for our benefit.

frank317:
U know sex is over rated the most AbsteiHow did u learn that abstained couples before marriage resist infidelity better.

it's actually common sense. If you as a single man with no outlet for your sexual urges were able to resist the half naked girls every where as well as the sexually explicit content on the internet, in music and on tv, when you are married it will be easier. At least you can always pounce on madam when the temptation gets too much!

How did u learn that abstained couples before marriage resist infidelity better. I know so many guy who abstained come out and say they didn't know they were missing a lotn they even over do it outside wedlock. I know a virgin lady who said she felt cheated when she got married and wonders how other men would taste like. Sorry dear its not always like that. In fact the better option is to have sex before marriage.[/quote]
Re: Sex BEFORE Marriage Is A Sin. by Amhappy(f): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
frank317:

How does sex blind couples from seeing potential problems before marriage? Lovers who are having sex obviously know each other more than lovers who are not sleeping together so what are u saying?

My sister stop saying what's on ur mind like its a fact. Learning sex betwenn couples after marriage does not change their personaality neither does it make thm better couples. Absteining from sex before marriage is a completely useless venture since it adds no value to the marriage, sexually active couples can focus on other things rather than thinking everything is okay because they absteined from sex before marriage.

How did u learn that abstained couples before marriage resist infidelity better. I know so many guy who abstained come out and say they didn't know they were missing a lotn they even over do it outside wedlock. I know a virgin lady who said she felt cheated when she got married and wonders how other men would taste like. Sorry dear its not always like that. In fact the better option is to have sex before marriage.

I disagree. Sex before marriage is not a better option. Both have their merits and demerits but the odds is higher on premarital sex.

(1) (Reply)

CHRIST EMBASSY: Bring In Your Offerings In Dollars & Other Foreign Currencies. / How To Stop Sex And Enjoy Your Relationship Till Marriage. / Thise Not How Jesus Christ Loook Like!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.