Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Dealing With An Abusive Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With An Abusive Husband (1103 Views)

Advice On Verbally Abusive Husband / Why Would A Lady Remain In An Abusive Relationship? / Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With An Abusive Husband by Boomboost(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
There's this couple I know and their situation causes me to worry cos they're like family to me.The husband is a giver and shows his wife love by giving her his car when she doesn't want to drive hers,he buys stuff for her from work and so on.

Unfortunately,when he gets angry,he is verbally/emotionally abusive till his wife cries at times or feels sub-human.I thought of buying a new sim,sending him a message about how/why emotional abusers abuse,the devastatin effect on d abused and that he shud stop d abuse.I don't wanna get caught or put his wife in trouble.

Ladies,how will you deal with an abusive man without breakin d relationship?

Guys,what wud u advice I do or betterstil,how wud u make anoda guy stop abusing his gf/wife?
Re: Dealing With An Abusive Husband by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
...My dear, this is their family not yours...let them handle their situation....

If you know you cant hide your feelings anylonger, i suggest you inform so elderly people or men to look into the situation....

....to handle an abusive relationship, i simply call it a quit....cos i knw i respect you, definitely you must respect me too by not using some annoying words on me.....**respect is reciprocal.....

...to handle an abusive marriage, you need patience...more patience.....prayer...more prayer...belive and hope he ll change for the better...

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With An Abusive Husband by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
If he is your friend and if you are both christains this is what the bible recommends:

15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

It's better you speak Withyham not condemning him but in all humility. If he doesn't agree approach his wedding sponsor. I too have been guilty if " it's none of my business" Christianity but if this marriage continues like this and ends up in divorce and you saw something wrong and kept quiet then you too you are guilty.

Talk with him very respectfully. God give you wisdom

1 Like

Re: Dealing With An Abusive Husband by bennyrazz: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
Boomboost:
Unfortunately,when he gets angry,he is verbally/emotionally abusive till his wife cries at times or feels sub-human.
thank God he was not using his fist. That's a big sigh of relief. Thank God for her own, other women out there will be hoping to have the kind of husband your neighbour have. He's loving, caring and is only problem is Verbal abuse, i think she should deal with it in any way she can. She should first understand the genesis of the verbal abuse, if it is what she does wrong, then she should stop doing it and she should try talking to him when he's calm. That's all. And for the record, don't be offended o, pls don't go involving or putting your mouth in other people's businesses especially marriages. Remove the log of wood from your own eyes first
Re: Dealing With An Abusive Husband by Nobody: 12:40am On Sep 08, 2014
aisha2: If he is your friend and if you are both christainity this is what the bible recommens:
With Sin in the Church
15 “If your brother or sister[b] sins,[c] go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over. 16 But if they will not listen, take one or two others along, so that ‘every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.’[d] 17 If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

It's better you speak Withyham not condemning him but in all humility. If he doesn't agree approach his wedding sponsor. I too have been guilty if " it's none of my business" Christianity but if this marriage continues like this and ends up in divorce and you saw something wrong and kept quiet then you too you are guilty.

Talk with him very respectfully. God give you wisdom

I love your answer because its honest and tbh, verbal abuse is a serious one.

Also, this is something that came to mind; in marriage 2 become 1 flesh. So when one spouse berates and curses the next, they are actually cursing themselves. The tongue has a lot of power, so he should be careful before the curses he's spewing come to pass.
Re: Dealing With An Abusive Husband by NifemiOlu(m): 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2014
Advise the wife to see a psychologist. As a psychologist myself, I see a very easy solution. The causes of his actions should be addressed by the psychologist.

NOTE: Most men get angry very easily when they're financially frustrated.
Re: Dealing With An Abusive Husband by Kanwulia: 11:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
Is he a NIGERIAN man? lipsrsealed
Please, send him to me to get cured!
Free of charge! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Mum's Refusal To Have Her 5- Year-old Daughter Circumcised Tears Families Apart. / Why Hands Are Best Marriage Counsellors / 10 Signs Your Partner Will Be Faithful To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.