Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Do Landlords And Tenants Have Such Rights? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Do Landlords And Tenants Have Such Rights? (465 Views)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<THREAD FOR LANDLORDS AND LANDLORDS TO BE ONLY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> / Legal Rights Of A Rent Tenants And Some Unlawful Acts Often Done By Landlords / The Two Year Rent Saga: The Pros & Cons For Landlords And Tenants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Landlords And Tenants Have Such Rights? by shugacaneman: 3:24am On Sep 08, 2014
I usually take some time off, some weekends. I visit my relative who lives in a BQ in G.R.A Enugu, Nigeria. He has a white collar job and a company car that has the company ads boldly written on it. Last year he had issues with his landlord who was snooping into his privacy. The man questioned people who visited him relatives and friends. Eventually, they had issues and he moved. I was at his new apartment on 7/09/14 for the 2nd time this yr and his landlord who was acting abnormal called him while he was abt to drive off and asked him who i was. He polietly explained who i was and he said my brother should have come to his house to tell him that i will be around. He further went on to explain that he is curious because of security reasons (the compound has a short perimeter fence without a gate). When i got to knw that, i felt bad that a man who is well above 30 and pays his house rent would tell his landlord that he will have a visitor, be it a relative or a friend. The landlord himself seems to be a social person, people visit him and neighbours visit his children.
Lawyers, Nairalanders and property managers please;
1. Do landlords have such rights over a rented property?
2. Do tenants have powers to also knw who visits the compound as the security of the vicinity is for everybody (community policing)?

(1) (Reply)

Properties/land For Sale In Benin City. / Lovely Mini-flat Simpson Street Yaba 250k / Oluwatosin Estate Agent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.