Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title (11052 Views)

Serena Williams Wins Her Sixth Wimbledon Title / Serena Williams Wins Her 15th Grand Slam At The 2012 US Open / Serena Williams Wins Fifth Wimbledon Singles Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 08, 2014
I wish I could have just one weekend with this chic behind closed doors. Just d two of us. Yaks!
wink
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Jomark(m): 11:20am On Sep 08, 2014
bigtt76: Thank God for her. As Kim Klijsters nor de around again naa grin
Kim is gud bt William would hv beaten her anyway...she doesnt play with Us open since three years now
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by bigtt76(f): 11:31am On Sep 08, 2014
I disagree. for the years 2009 and 2010 when Kim Klijsters won, she brushed aside the Williams' sisters enroute. She's retired now.

Jomark: Kim is gud bt William would hv beaten her anyway...she doesnt play with Us open since three years now
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Debroslink: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2014
bigtt76: Thank God for her. As Kim Klijsters nor de around again naa grin

Yes... She really suffered from the hands of Justin Henin and Kim Clijsters. Those 2 Belgians were her asz kickers
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Okeikpu(m): 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2014
Na ds kind heavy-ikpu I dey like tongue powerful ikpunarion!
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Gorgeous58(f): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Wonderful and skillful Serena.... Keep the fire burning
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by starlingbawa(m): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
Great offensive display by Serena. Always putting Caroline on the backfoot.

At 32, she's still going on strongly further buttressing why she's the No 1 ranked female tennis player in the World right now. Don't bet against her winning some more grand slams next year!

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2014
I'm not surprised one bit. If she'd let herself be beaten, I would have sent ojuju-calabar to haunt her in her dreams. grin

Nice one Serena!!
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by ebubay(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2014
Have you Registered for the Sustainability in the Extractive Industries Conference(#SITEI)? Do not be left behind Register mow by clicking https://www.eventbrite.com/e/3rd-sustainability-in-the-extractive-industries-conference-tickets-12286777081?aff=eorg
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by tonte(m): 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
and why should she split the money with you? Can you point out a single contribution you made to her winning the money in the first place?

FranckJay: None of our business she won't split the money with us

2 Likes

Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Revolva(m): 7:54am On Sep 09, 2014
A strong black woman......dealing with them onyibos......hard..am sure them go hate her well well....serena..keep gettin the titles babe....i will come and marry you
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Origin(f): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Congratulobia. She's the best of the best.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by natiotan: 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
Serena and her sister are great inspiration.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Aida13: 10:11pm On Sep 09, 2014
That's my role model. Hard working and determined. Bleep the haters.

On another tip though, why is that, with all their prize money, these sisters can never get a decent weave? I've never seen either Serena or Venus wow me with their hair or wardrobe. If I had even one-tenth of their money eh... America will know!
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by StealthyMe(m): 7:13am On Sep 10, 2014
Aida13: That's my role model. Hard working and determined. Bleep the haters.

On another tip though, why is that, with all their prize money, these sisters can never get a decent weave? I've never seen either Serena or Venus wow me with their hair or wardrobe. If I had even one-tenth of their money eh... America will know!

Probably cos they mostly attend sporting functions and can't look too flashy there...
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Aida13: 10:53am On Sep 10, 2014
StealthyMe:

Probably cos they mostly attend sporting functions and can't look too flashy there...

It's not about flashy, but a decent weave that doesn't look frizzy after a few hours of tennis. I'm not saying they should wear waist-length extensions; I'm talking neat, elegant and well groomed hair. It doesn't make sense how they look both on and off court.
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by StealthyMe(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2014
Aida13:

It's not about flashy, but a decent weave that doesn't look frizzy after a few hours of tennis. I'm not saying they should wear waist-length extensions; I'm talking neat, elegant and well groomed hair. It doesn't make sense how they look both on and off court.

Something like this ?

Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Aida13: 11:10am On Sep 10, 2014
StealthyMe:

Something like this ?

Wow this is a miracle

smiley smiley

Wish she can look a little like this on court too. We girls like our girls looking their best when killing the competition grin
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by StealthyMe(m): 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
Aida13:

Wow this is a miracle

smiley smiley

Wish she can look a little like this on court too. We girls like our girls looking their best when killing the competition grin

Hehe grin
People like me wouldn't be focused on the match no more wink if she's this eye-catching..
Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by Aida13: 1:07pm On Sep 10, 2014
StealthyMe:

Hehe grin
People like me wouldn't be focused on the match no more wink if she's this eye-catching..

yeah - I think I kind of get it wink Still; style and strength - a great combination. Love her.

1 Like

Re: Serena Williams Wins 18th Grand Slam Title by olumuyiolaoluwa: 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hemanwel: Serena Adejumoke Williams!!!
The US Open has become your birth right.Welldone,girl!
We,your cousins here in Nigeria,are saying CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Hahaha, Ur post reminds me of their elder Sis 'YETUNDE' may her soul R.I.P smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jay Jay Okocha Signs Lucrative Deal In India / Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja / Golden Eaglets Know AFCON Foes Today (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.