Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Ritual Or Cultural Object - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ritual Or Cultural Object (447 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Is Money Ritual A Myth Or True? / The Church of Jesus Christ: Object of Mockery or Object of Praise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ritual Or Cultural Object by GiovanniS: 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hi everybody.
I'm trying to translate and spread the african poetry in my country. In particular I'm reading Femi Fatoba. I'd need help to understand this three verses:
"The blood that binds
when I use my brother's skull
for AWURE soap".
So, what's the Awure soap and what's its function? Why does he talk about his brother's skull? Does it have a religious meaning or is a metaphor?

Sorry if I've written in the wrong category, and thanks for your help.

(1) (Reply)

Power Of Expectations / Promised Coming Of Elijah Was The Coming Of John The Baptist / In Christianity Who Is A Man Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.