Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Issue On Direct Entry - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Issue On Direct Entry (1480 Views)

Effect Of Regularization On Direct Entry / Information On Direct Entry Into Bayero University. / Please Can Anybody Help On Direct Entry Admission Into Futminna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issue On Direct Entry by mubarakopeyemi(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
Ok, briefly. I seriously need informations on Direct entry procedures from a polytechnic to a University.
Ever since when I was seeking admission into a tertiary institution, I've been hearing two different things on this direct entry issue and I'm completely novice about it. I'm just finishing my National Diploma Accountancy PT Program at Yaba college of technology and my current CGPA stays close to Distinction at 3.43 which means I might make it to distinction (3.50) with our ongoing final exams.

1- Some people told me that before DE can be done, one needs to write Jamb and one must chose the preferred university which you want to make your DE to, some said it isn't required. And when I keep asking, people keep saying one of these two. I'm confused and don't know which is right or wrong.
But it would make deal sense if Jamb is out of it wink

2- I was considering a DE to Unilag, and according to what I heard from those that I asked, some said they only accept a Distinction and some said they accept Upper credit too, I'm not ready to jeopardize any chance of rapidly progressing with my academic life, as said earlier; I might make distinction and I may not, so I need infos circulating this dark side of the issue.

3- lastly, a list of universities and their requirements for DE would be highly appreciated just to help a toddling learner lol cheesy
This na Naija if uno tink well and u dey waste time, omo pesin go tey dere o. Thanks all.
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by Linzo(m): 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2014
mubarakopeyemi: Ok, briefly. I seriously need informations on Direct entry procedures from a polytechnic to a University.
Ever since when I was seeking admission into a tertiary institution, I've been hearing two different things on this direct entry issue and I'm completely novice about it. I'm just finishing my National Diploma Accountancy PT Program at Yaba college of technology and my current CGPA stays close to Distinction at 3.43 which means I might make it to distinction (3.50) with our ongoing final exams.

1- Some people told me that before DE can be done, one needs to write Jamb and one must chose the preferred university which you want to make your DE to, some said it isn't required. And when I keep asking, people keep saying one of these two. I'm confused and don't know which is right or wrong.
But it would make deal sense if Jamb is out of it wink

2- I was considering a DE to Unilag, and according to what I heard from those that I asked, some said they only accept a Distinction and some said they accept Upper credit too, I'm not ready to jeopardize any chance of rapidly progressing with my academic life, as said earlier; I might make distinction and I may not, so I need infos circulating this dark side of the issue.

3- lastly, a list of universities and their requirements for DE would be highly appreciated just to help a toddling learner lol cheesy
This na Naija if uno tink well and u dey waste time, omo pesin go tey dere o. Thanks all.

For ur questions the answers are
1 . You will buy jamb direct entry, wwhich is different from normal jamb form, at times both are sold same amount but they serve differnt purpose, again you will not write jamb ok, the purpose of the form is for you to get jamb reg number and choose the university of ur choice, thereafter you will go to the uni you choose as choice to write post DE screen when the advertise for it

2. Yes its true unilag dont accept upper credit except distinction only, ols be well guided, so if you make distinction go unilag, upper go to some other federal unis

3. Uniben, Unn, ife, Abu, Futo, Unical, Uniuyo etc
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by Samyj247: 9:26pm On Sep 08, 2014
Op, pls do you know when direct entry form will start selling? Concerning ur questions, i am also confussed abt d whole thing too.
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
Linzo:

For ur questions the answers are
1 . You will buy jamb direct entry, wwhich is different from normal jamb form, at times both are sold same amount but they serve differnt purpose, again you will not write jamb ok, the purpose of the form is for you to get jamb reg number and choose the university of ur choice, thereafter you will go to the uni you choose as choice to write post DE screen when the advertise for it

2. Yes its true unilag dont accept upper credit except distinction only, ols be well guided, so if you make distinction go unilag, upper go to some other federal unis

3. Uniben, Unn, ife, Abu, Futo, Unical, Uniuyo etc

Thanks a lot. But why Unilag yanga too much like that naa?? I guess Funaab would rush my admission like indomie then smiley
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2014
Good one
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
Samyj247: Op, pls do you know when direct entry form will start selling? Concerning ur questions, i am also confussed abt d whole thing too.

Thank God Linzo has shed more light to it. The respective DE for institutions should be available during their admission seasons, and you know this admission season is almost over or so to say Over and DE is gone for now, so mayb the next admission season DE's will be out again. Coz when new jamb is out, a new admission season has started then.
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 09, 2014
mubarakopeyemi:

Thanks a lot. But why Unilag yanga too much like that naa?? I guess Funaab would rush my admission like indomie then smiley

lolxxxx. U can't be too sure, there are so many good and distinctive distinction candidates who choose funaab and nt d normal 3.5something. The competition is much in funaab and if we're talking of merit admission, funaab may nt even see u.lolxx

Unilag admit candidates with ND for enviromental and engineering courses with distinction and other strange requirements that must be met before one can be offered d admission. They also admit education candidates. Their yanga na 2 send candidates away so that they can admit their diploma students alone.
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by mubarakopeyemi(m): 2:30am On Sep 09, 2014
LARRYDKING:

lolxxxx. U can't be too sure, there are so many good and distinctive distinction candidates who choose funaab and nt d normal 3.5something. The competition is much in funaab and if we're talking of merit admission, funaab may nt even see u.lolxx

Unilag admit candidates with ND for enviromental and engineering courses with distinction and other strange requirements that must be met before one can be offered d admission. They also admit education candidates. Their yanga na 2 send candidates away so that they can admit their diploma students alone.

Imagine. No wonder why most of their students no know book. Only few of them is sound.
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 09, 2014
mubarakopeyemi:

Imagine. No wonder why most of their students no know book. Only few of them is sound.

na u talk am o.
Re: Issue On Direct Entry by mubarakopeyemi(m): 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2014
LARRYDKING:

na u talk am o.

Na fact now

(1) (Reply)

Seminar/project Topics And Materials In Computer Science / UNILORIN 2016/2017 Post-utme Admission Disclaimer Notice / Jamb Cbt Web App.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.