Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

This Is Samsung Virtual Reality Headset Looks Like - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is Samsung Virtual Reality Headset Looks Like (1408 Views)

Virtual Reality: Welcome To Google Cardboard / Carl Zeiss Virtual Reality Goggles For Iphone 6 / Where Is Samsung Service Centre Located In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Samsung Virtual Reality Headset Looks Like by killzone(m): 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
The Samsung Gear VR debuted last week at IFA and is Samsung’s foray into the world of virtual reality. It’s in partnership with Oculus, the team behind the best known VR headset on the market. Samsung already has game devs lined up to develop content for the Gear VR and the Galaxy Note 4 to power it.

Here’s an infographic that will introduce your to just what the Gear VR does.

The Gear VR uses a Galaxy Note for its display and its brain – a 5.7″ QHD screen (more importantly 515ppi) and either a Snapdragon 805 or an Exynos 5433. The pixel density is most important since the screen is barely inches away from your eyes and you’re viewing it through lenses.

The lenses can be used to correct the focus, which is great for those who wear glasses (which obviously won’t fit under the headset). Gear VR also has a proximity sensor to tell when you put it on and offers 96° field of view.

For comparison, the Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 uses a Galaxy Note 3 display (386ppi) and offers 100° field of view.

Anyway, you can expect to view immersive 360° videos as well as play games on the Samsung Gear VR. Note that you’ll have to provide your own headphones and the headset only supports the Galaxy Note 4.

Re: This Is Samsung Virtual Reality Headset Looks Like by francis247(m): 8:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Nice.
Let me know when its smaller than my head
Re: This Is Samsung Virtual Reality Headset Looks Like by killzone(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2014
francis247: Nice.
Let me know when its smaller than my head
lwkmd
Re: This Is Samsung Virtual Reality Headset Looks Like by francis247(m): 2:38am On Sep 09, 2014
killzone: lwkmd
Yeah. The should work on reducing the size.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Me! Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Or Blackberry Q10? / Innjoo I2 For Sale With Charger / Make Unlimited Free Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.