Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,296 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

No Relationship Between Benig A Good Student And Being A Successful Entrepreneur - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / No Relationship Between Benig A Good Student And Being A Successful Entrepreneur (468 Views)

Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) / Want To Become A Successful Entrepreneur In Nigeria? Don't Get An MBA! Here's Y / Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Relationship Between Benig A Good Student And Being A Successful Entrepreneur by butanep(m): 4:34am On Sep 09, 2014
Experience has shown that there is no relationship between being a good student and being a successful entrepreneur. Academic smartness does not guarantee success in business or life generally because the attributes of entrepreneurship are not taught in schools.
When I was in third year in school, we did a course called "entrepreneurship",it was still the same "cram and pour syndrome". There was no serious pratical skills attach to the course that could develop our entrepreneurship skills, except for those that have the passion or mindset to become a giant entrepreneur, who took extra effort and time to acquire personal skills.
Research have shown that if graduates decide to go into business for themselves, the straight "A" students may not necessary have any advantage over others, so don't be intimidated by your grades.
Many people don't know if they have these naturally endowed altributes until they take that small step that may result in a giant leap to become a successful entrepreneur.
Perhaps the question agitating your minds, if I may guess correctly, will be how do I become self employed after obtaining my first class, second class uppper, second class lower, third class or even ordinary pass certificate.
I ventured into business in my first year in school, it wasn't easy for me initially but after some time, it began to fluorish and make waves. This made me independent and employer of labours till date. I still graduated with a second class upper. So its all about time management and focus... Think about something and start, even if its small today, it can become big tomorrow. Government has failed hence can't employ everybody. The labour market is crowded and the "white collar jobs are very few". Don't let you academic grades or certificate intimidate or hinder you... The potentials might just be there. Its a continuous drop of water that makes an ocean... You can do it.
Re: No Relationship Between Benig A Good Student And Being A Successful Entrepreneur by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 09, 2014
You did GSE 301 , it is enough to equip your mindset if you have interest ! An Enterprenuer doesn't need everything to be spelt for him , when he sees a spark, he make a Giant Step !!

I disagree with the notion that the attributes of enterprenuership is not taught in school, where do you get best enterprenuerial xtics if not school !

what I expect the Op to say is that such attributes are taught @ the theoretical level whereas if you want to have a pragmatic orientation , then you have to go to the field either as an intern,IT/saleboyor Girl or a researcher !!!

No succesful businessman will do without academic orientations either @ the beginning of business or as business blossoms !!
Re: No Relationship Between Benig A Good Student And Being A Successful Entrepreneur by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 09, 2014
Conclusively, Academic Smartness differs from Business/Professional success , that I agree so much !!!
Infact most academic gurus are poor businessman while most successful businessman are 'dumb' academically !

I think that shows the dichotomy between Brilliance and Intelligence ....
Nevertheless, as an Intelligent CEO/Enterprenuer, you need academic/Brilliant people to float your business as advisers and @handy !!

That is why BillGate , Mark ,Steve won't employ school drop-outs to manage business strategy for them cheesy ..... Dem go rundown and heaven go hia am ! grin

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy HSE Trainer-female Serving Corper Required / Business Ideas Needed!!!!!!!!! / Which Business That Wont Need My Attention Can I Invest In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.