Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur (999 Views)

5 Wrong Reasons For Becoming An Entrepreneur / Nkiru Emodi, Shoemaker, Wins Entrepreneur Of The Year Award (Photos) / Want To Become A Successful Entrepreneur In Nigeria? Don't Get An MBA! Here's Y (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur by Sexydevil(m): 8:32am On Jun 06, 2015
STEPS TO BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR
Just woke up, and had this on my mind. what do you think?

1. Love what you do.
The road to success is a hard one. It's a lot easier if you're passionate about your business's purpose. "If you don't [love what you do], it's hard to be successful. You need to maintain your optimism. Once it's gone, you're done."

2. Be willing to have a beginning
Youth of this generation are so much in a hurry to get what they want even if it cost them their lives. There's no shortcut to success peeps. Like I said before "the road to success is a hard one. Be willing to start small only then will you grow. There's no harm in failing, it only builds you more and prepares you for the tasks ahead.

3. Build a team immersed in your vision.
"For me, it's more than just hiring experienced people. Most important is to build a team of people which understand, are willing to learn and move forward for common goal of growth, and success.

4. Come up with innovative ways to solve problems.
Necessity really is the mother of invention. Therefore the key is look around you, identify the needs, wants, and necessities and find out ways to tackle them.

5. Create a delightful customer experience.
Several components come together to win customers, and everyone at the company needs to know their own role in retaining customers. "It's mission critical that everyone on our team understands how they fit into the brand and what they bring to the value chain that delivers a successful customer experience.

6. Quickly learn from your mistakes.
Mistakes are inevitable. The key is to learn from them – fast.

7. Rely on people smarter than you.
You can't know and do everything. You must rely on others. Surround yourself with people who know more than you do. They will lead, guide and mentor you through the process.

8. You must maintain integrity.
Integrity is a thing of the mind. Its not something you are innately born with. You build integrity, same goes for honesty. To reflect integrity is to invest trust and to possess integrity is to command respect. Simply put, when you possess integrity, you command respect. Peeps! Please please please I beg you! Be honest in your dealings with people. Never ever sacrifice quality ... not for any reason... ultimate law!

9. Make up your mind to succeed.
Stay optimistic and always...positive.

10. Be ready to work
HWP - Hard Work Pays...Labour in the days of thy youth. Endure the pressure now so you can enjoy the pleasure later.

Enough said. Have your own tips? Please share them below. (Thread for positive minds)
Re: Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 06, 2015
Sexydevil:
STEPS TO BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR

6. Quickly learn from your mistakes.
Mistakes are inevitable. The key is to learn from them – fast.

7. Rely on people smarter than you.
You can't know and do everything. You must rely on others. Surround yourself with people who know more than you do. They will lead, giuide and mentor you through the process.
I love that 6th tho, that's how to grow iin a biz.

Number 7:At this point uu might loose iit all sir, Nigerians are never to be trusted with ideas any day any time. angry
Re: Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur by Sexydevil(m): 8:55am On Jun 06, 2015
vimi:

I love that 6th tho, that's how to grow iin a biz.

Number 7:At this point uu might loose iit all sir, Nigerians are never to be trusted with ideas any day any time. angry

Not all Nigerians friend, it depends on who your mentor is. There are still people with great ideas. So I can say it depends.
Thanks for your contribution though. Friend!
Re: Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur by Nobody: 9:40am On Jun 06, 2015
Sexydevil:

Not all Nigerians friend, it depends on who your mentor is. There are still people with great ideas. So I can say it depends.
Thanks for your contribution though. Friend!

What are uu into as an entrepreneur?
Re: Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur by Sexydevil(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2015
vimi:

What are uu into as an entrepreneur?

I'm into construction, building precisely. Architectural and structural designs, interior decoration, Geotechnics, supply of safety equipments - General contractor.
Re: Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
Sexydevil:

I'm into construction, building precisely. Architectural and structural designs, interior decoration, Geotechnics, supply of safety equipments - General contractor.

Okays best of lucks! I'm looking at ICT! Hope uu are ready to take RISKS??
Re: Steps To Becoming A Successful Entrepreneur by BBMA(f): 6:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
All said on point.
No 7 I believe you mean mentoring or consulting those experienced in the field

(1) (Reply)

FCMB Recruiting!!! Go For Apt Test On 17th Oct,2015. Gatecrash If You Can!!! / Gtb's Story. / Is There A Future For Peoples That Study Geography In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.