Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,894 members, 7,956,371 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:46 AM

Share The Memorable Experience/moments In Your Life - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share The Memorable Experience/moments In Your Life (598 Views)

Rare Moments, Images In History You’ve Probably Never Seen Before. / Which Of These Annoying Moments Have You Had? / Happiest And Saddest Moments in Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share The Memorable Experience/moments In Your Life by drizzy009: 6:35am On Sep 09, 2014
I haven't experienced any yet. but I'd love to read yours
Re: Share The Memorable Experience/moments In Your Life by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 09, 2014
drizzy009: I haven't experienced any yet. but I'd love to read yours

I have quite a number

The day I bought my first car at age 14

and recently the day Obama accepted me to date his
daughter
Re: Share The Memorable Experience/moments In Your Life by DesChyko: 7:46am On Sep 09, 2014
It was on a Wednesday, when my department, Mathematics department was defending their project in Anambra State University.
I was billed to defend mine the previous day, but the typist hadn't finished my work yet. Even on this day I'm writin about, my work still wasn't ready. I was still at the typist's office, when my friend, Gentle, came with his vehicle to convey me to the hall, telling me I was the last person, and the panel had been waiting for me for five minutes now.
I simply gathered my manuscript (tiny writings on foolscap pages, with red pen, diagrams and cancellations here and there) and hopped onto his ride. He took me straight to the hall, where I met the team of unimpressed panel members, looking at me in my oversized suit and stacked sheets of folscap paper in hand.
I approached the external examiner who was heading the panel, and explained to him that I just got my work back on Monday from my supervisor, hence my ill-preparedness till now, but he waved me off to go talk to my supervisor.
Before I even reached my supervisor's table, she screamed in a shrill voice "You're not serious. After making those corrections, did you bring it to me before you started typing?" I explained to her that even time didn't let me finish typing it till now, talk more if I had brought it to her. She dismissed me, saying she doesn't know me, or what I have there, hence, she can not endorse me.
I was heartbroken. I was pleading to no one in particular. Then, the Head of Department asked me "Your work hasn't even been typed. Are you ready?" I responded that I wrote everything in there so I have no problems. He then asked me to show them what I've got.
I then handed my stacks of manuscript over to the examiners, which they humorously shared page by page amongst each other. My topic was versed in 'Complex Analysis', so I introduced it and laid a few foundations.
Then, the questions started falling out. I parried them one after the other, not missing any of them.
The last person who bombarded me was Dr. Eric. He took me on a six-question route on Imaginary identities, and with a smile, I finished the last of them, there on the board.
He stood up and made a speech that I remember fondly.
We've been here since yesterday, listening to students who either didn't understand their topics well enough or just copied other people's work. But this boy here took his time to do his project, which made him late to submit till this day. I must say, this is the best project defence I've ever witnessed in all my years."
With this, he began to applaud. The lecturers joined them, while the hall exploded in uproar as my colleagues and other witnesses cheered. I shook hands with every lecturer present, offered my best smile to my H.O.D., located Gentle and gave him the warmest handshake and had to shake hands with almost everyone in the hall.
With a perfect score of 96 out of 100 (the supervisor must have had her pound of flesh here), and almost all Mathematics lecturers recognizing me or my name, I knew I had made a mark before leaving.

1 Like

Re: Share The Memorable Experience/moments In Your Life by drizzy009: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2014
DesChyko: It was on a Wednesday, when my department, Mathematics department was defending their project in Anambra State University.
I was billed to defend mine the previous day, but the typist hadn't finished my work yet. Even on this day I'm writin about, my work still wasn't ready. I was still at the typist's office, when my friend, Gentle, came with his vehicle to convey me to the hall, telling me I was the last person, and the panel had been waiting for me for five minutes now.
I simply gathered my manuscript (tiny writings on foolscap pages, with red pen, diagrams and cancellations here and there) and hopped onto his ride. He took me straight to the hall, where I met the team of unimpressed panel members, looking at me in my oversized suit and stacked sheets of folscap paper in hand.
I approached the external examiner who was heading the panel, and explained to him that I just got my work back on Monday from my supervisor, hence my ill-preparedness till now, but he waved me off to go talk to my supervisor.
Before I even reached my supervisor's table, she screamed in a shrill voice "You're not serious. After making those corrections, did you bring it to me before you started typing?" I explained to her that even time didn't let me finish typing it till now, talk more if I had brought it to her. She dismissed me, saying she doesn't know me, or what I have there, hence, she can not endorse me.
I was heartbroken. I was pleading to no one in particular. Then, the Head of Department asked me "Your work hasn't even been typed. Are you ready?" I responded that I wrote everything in there so I have no problems. He then asked me to show them what I've got.
I then handed my stacks of manuscript over to the examiners, which they humorously shared page by page amongst each other. My topic was versed in 'Complex Analysis', so I introduced it and laid a few foundations.
Then, the questions started falling out. I parried them one after the other, not missing any of them.
The last person who bombarded me was Dr. Eric. He took me on a six-question route on Imaginary identities, and with a smile, I finished the last of them, there on the board.
He stood up and made a speech that I remember fondly.
We've been here since yesterday, listening to students who either didn't understand their topics well enough or just copied other people's work. But this boy here took his time to do his project, which made him late to submit till this day. I must say, this is the best project defence I've ever witnessed in all my years."
With this, he began to applaud. The lecturers joined them, while the hall exploded in uproar as my colleagues and other witnesses cheered. I shook hands with every lecturer present, offered my best smile to my H.O.D., located Gentle and gave him the warmest handshake and had to shake hands with almost everyone in the hall.
With a perfect score of 96 out of 100 (the supervisor must have had her pound of flesh here), and almost all Mathematics lecturers recognizing me or my name, I knew I had made a mark before leaving.

wow

(1) (Reply)

To All The Men And Women Of The Nigerian Armed Forces. / Help!!! / L&S, Shared With Me - Nairaland Is Rather Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.