Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery (5837 Views)

Infinix Hot 3 Review & Specifications / Infinix Hot 2 Review, Specifications And Price In Nigeria / Tecno M7 Specifications And Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by duwdu: 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
epoxide:

after my direct conversation, the phone should be sold @ around #40,000

Hmm... I like the following two comments from the source site:

Marucok - September 1st, 2014 at 9:20 pm

That’s too bad. Why Gionee used a nearly obsolete SoC MT6582?, while Mediatek’s agressive invasion of their advanced SoCs already on mature prototype and released official reference design. On this step, Gionee seems like to sell the battery not the phone.
I prefer THL 5000 than this V188 and for the price tag…$244, wow this is a bad move.
Way too expensive specially compared to higher specs of Jiayu G4S – 3000mAh tagged only $190.
To keep competitive, it should be powered with MT6592/6595/6573 or higher SoC plus 1080p LCD, to match their 5200mAh energy.

The only positive move are HotKnot and their complete 3G Spectrum plus LTE.
But it’s not enough to impress peoples attention including me :-)

And the reply...

nicky - September 2nd, 2014 at 7:11 am

Yes, I think Gionee’s intention with this phone is aimed towards extended usage. Putting in higher specs such as a more powerful CPU, 1080p screen, etc. Would defeat the purpose of having a lot of stored AH a bit.

I found it refreshing that they resisted packing the phone with monster specs on account of having extra battery capacity. I liked that they kept it simple.
Yes, the price is high for the typical quad core phones. Hmm, could be a testament to the build quality. Not that THL or Jiayu has bad build quality (on the contrary, those brands are doing well), but perhaps Gionee has something extra in that aspect to be putting that price on the phone.

For your spec requirements, I’d agree you could go in the direction of the thl 5000.

P34c3
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by duwdu: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2014
harizonal123: Not interested. This phone will be very heavy like weight life and around $244 is too expensuve , that's close to 40k we r talking about here. Sticking with my m2 plan

Why would you think the phone will turn out very heavy? Because of the huge power of the battery? For what it's worth, the new THL 5000 is surprisingly very light in weight, mainly because the new technology of its 5000maH battery makes it less heavy than would otherwise have been the case. The same sort of scenario is now being experienced with the iPhone 6 Plus!

I agree with you on the quoted expected price, though. That was why I wrote in an earlier post on this thread, that a sweet price point for this Gionee V188 here would be about 30k.

P34c3
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Ologunsunny: 3:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
duwdu:

Why would you think the phone will turn out very heavy? Because of the huge power of the battery? For what it's worth, the new THL 5000 is surprisingly very light in weight, mainly because the new technology of its 5000maH battery makes it less heavy than would otherwise have been the case. The same sort of scenario is now being experienced with the iPhone 6 Plus!

I agree with you on the quoted expected price, though. That was why I wrote in an earlier post on this thread, that a sweet price point for this Gionee V188 here would be about 30k.

P34c3
in my own opinion gionee phone are usually over estimated when it comes to price, for example gionee p2 we all said that is not going to be below 17k and is 13500 and gionee m2 we taught is going to be like 30-32 but is just 21k5 so i dont see the reason why these phone will pass 25k
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Mention(m): 3:57pm On Sep 11, 2014
CyberEBOLA: If it doesn't suit your uncommon taste, that doesnt make it a crap. Remember one man's food is another man's poison.
Your opinion...
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by francis247(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mention: In one word... CRAPPY
Exactly. This phone is nothing short of crappy @ almost 40k when the likes of THL 5000 with twice this specs sells @ less then 45k. Imagine a five inch Chink0 with half HD display, 1 GB RAM & 8 GB ROM and quad-core CPU @ about 40k in 2014. This must be a joke.
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Mention(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2014
francis247: Exactly. This phone is nothing short of crappy @ almost 40k when the likes of THL 5000 with twice this specs sells @ less then 45k. Imagine a five inch Chink0 with half HD display, 1 GB RAM & 8 GB ROM and quad-core CPU @ about 40k in 2014. This must be a joke.
I tell you.. The biggest jokers of d century after tecno!
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
nice phone
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by duwdu: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
Ologunsunny: in my own opinion gionee phone are usually over estimated when it comes to price, for example gionee p2 we all said that is not going to be below 17k and is 13500 and gionee m2 we taught is going to be like 30-32 but is just 21k5 so i dont see the reason why these phone will pass 25k

That makes sense.

P34c3
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by dazekid(m): 10:41pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mention:
Glad to know someone have been eavesdropping on me...
Well I follow the phones section of NL so I get notified of every single new topic on this section..
I asked for the prices on those topics because I found out that they were conspicuously missing, a good marketer/advertiser ought to put sufficient info about their product including its price... I didn't ask for prices cos I wanna buy, I just wanted d sellers to do d needful..
Since you are a silent follower of dz great nigga, why didn't you check my post on https://www.nairaland.com/1894213/download-paid-app-direct-playstore#26143404 I had asked the guy for download link, not like I needed it, but it was d right thing to do.. I mean how can you put out a self acclaimed working trick and you don't want anybody to use it, what's d essence??
Pertaining my DP, So you can detect a phone type by mere looking at a pix ryt?? I hail you, put that talent into some profitable use! It may interest you to know that I haven't used an MTK device in my Mobile History... My closest to an MTK device was my former android Phone which was a SGS3 and that wasn't even close sef!
Keep watching my back dude.. It really shows how jobless you are...
You would make a good addition to NPF intelligence team but you would keep doing wrong and inconclusive investigations...
Last Bullet: GET A LIFE Dude and Stop Hating on Others!

lol,nigga go to sleep,it took me less than 2minutes to find out what I did and it wasn't because I follow you,it was because I knew you were lying and check your shii..Saw another post of your's where you claim to have bought a porsche2 for 2.1M's shocked shocked shocked don't you fear God
Anyways those who know will know,that picture was defo taken by an mtk camera or worse(maybe an old nokia phone)it is obvious just as it is obvious that my pic was shot with an iphone5...This things are clear...Flawless911 abeg wetin you think na?

2 Likes

Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Mention(m): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
dazekid:

lol,nigga go to sleep,it took me less than 2minutes to find out what I did and it wasn't because I follow you,it was because I knew you were lying and check your shii..Saw another post of your's where you claim to have bought a porsche2 for 2.1M's shocked shocked shocked don't you fear God
Anyways those who know will know,that picture was defo taken by an mtk camera or worse(maybe an old nokia phone)it is obvious just as it is obvious that my pic was shot with an iphone5...This things are clear...Flawless911 abeg wetin you think na?
Lol... A cheap iPhone 5 Not even 5s
Gosh!! Talk z cheap, so your blabbing z understood!!
I don't argue such money matters..
Keep hating while we keep balling..
I want you to keep watching my profile, it gives me pleasure to know that I got a sure audience for each of my posts!
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by flawless911(m): 7:56am On Sep 12, 2014
Mention:
Lol... A cheap iPhone 5 Not even 5s
Gosh!! Talk z cheap, so your blabbing z understood!!
I don't argue such money matters..
Keep hating while we keep balling..
I want you to keep watching my profile, it gives me pleasure to know that I got a sure audience for each of my posts!
Broke Niggas Make Tha Loudest Noise

Una type full Facebook n Instagram #Posers grin
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Mention(m): 8:54am On Sep 12, 2014
flawless911: Broke Niggas Make Tha Loudest Noise

Una type full Facebook n Instagram #Posers grin
Kk
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by flawless911(m): 9:50am On Sep 12, 2014
Mention:
Kk
Ur Dp says it All grin
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by slinkman(m): 11:14am On Sep 12, 2014
Mention:
Glad to know someone have been eavesdropping on me...
Well I follow the phones section of NL so I get notified of every single new topic on this section..
I asked for the prices on those topics because I found out that they were conspicuously missing, a good marketer/advertiser ought to put sufficient info about their product including its price... I didn't ask for prices cos I wanna buy, I just wanted d sellers to do d needful..
Since you are a silent follower of dz great nigga, why didn't you check my post on https://www.nairaland.com/1894213/download-paid-app-direct-playstore#26143404 I had asked the guy for download link, not like I needed it, but it was d right thing to do.. I mean how can you put out a self acclaimed working trick and you don't want anybody to use it, what's d essence??
Pertaining my DP, So you can detect a phone type by mere looking at a pix ryt?? I hail you, put that talent into some profitable use! It may interest you to know that I haven't used an MTK device in my Mobile History... My closest to an MTK device was my former android Phone which was a SGS3 and that wasn't even close sef!
Keep watching my back dude.. It really shows how jobless you are...
You would make a good addition to NPF intelligence team but you would keep doing wrong and inconclusive investigations...
Last Bullet: GET A LIFE Dude and Stop Hating on Others!
lmao, after looking at your profile pic, i wonder why a nigga will ever hate on you. grin

3 Likes

Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Mention(m): 5:22pm On Sep 12, 2014
flawless911: Ur Dp says it All grin
The DP was actually taken with a Nokia 2700, Happy now?
I'm posting with an Asha 200, glad I guess?
Mtcheeew... Rubbish!
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by CyberEBOLA(m): 8:43pm On Sep 13, 2014
slinkman: lmao, after looking at your profile pic, i wonder why a nigga will ever hate on you. grin
Just a little boy right?
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by TrebleChamp(m): 9:50am On Sep 14, 2014
Ologunsunny: in my own opinion gionee phone are usually over estimated when it comes to price, for example gionee p2 we all said that is not going to be below 17k and is 13500 and gionee m2 we taught is going to be like 30-32 but is just 21k5 so i dont see the reason why these phone will pass 25k
You mean underestimated?
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Ologunsunny: 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
TrebleChamp: You mean underestimated?
na person mistake you go dey find grin
TrebleChamp: You mean underestimated?
na person mistake you go dey find cheesy grin
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by TrebleChamp(m): 4:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ologunsunny: na person mistake you go dey find grin na person mistake you go dey find cheesy grin
No mind me jare, na my nature..
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by egopersonified(f): 12:07am On Sep 20, 2014
How far with this phone? I am leaning towards m2 but trying to see if I can get one that is lighter in weight.
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by iamlammy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
Mention:
The DP was actually taken with a Nokia 2700, Happy now?
I'm posting with an Asha 200, glad I guess?
Mtcheeew... Rubbish!
Niggur,u livin a fake life...u even using a g-shock wristwatch or so...i thought only girls live fake lives..dats bad of u
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Mention(m): 8:50am On Sep 21, 2014
iamlammy: Niggur,u livin a fake life...u even using a g-shock wristwatch or so...i thought only girls live fake lives..dats bad of u
Thanks Mr. Counselor...
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by iamlammy(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mention:
Thanks Mr. Counselor...
u sincerely welcome
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Contumely: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
hey
egopersonified: How far wi th this phone? I am leaning towards m2 but trying to see if I can get one that is lighter in weight.
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by Contumely: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2014
egopersonified: How far with this phone? I am leaning towards m2 but trying to see if I can g how u dey[/b]et one that is lighter in weight.

. How are you now
[b]who
Re: Gionee V188 Review Specifications – Huge 5200mah Battery by egopersonified(f): 4:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
Contumely: hey

??

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Tried The "No Screenshot" Feature In Telegram Messenger, See What Happened. / Iphone 6 Prices Nigeria / Pls How Can I Block This Nonsense Site From My Phone??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.