Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

How To Control Your Anger - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Control Your Anger (21832 Views)

How To Control Your Emotions. / Jonathan To ASUU :temper Anger With Patriotism / Why Waec,neco And Jamb Malpractices Are Hard To Control In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Control Your Anger by Paulfish: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
To control your anger¸you should know what pushes your irritation buttons i.e what exactly makes you angry
be cool be clever - anger makes us stupid literally what seem like a good idea when we are angry can seem really stupid when we calm down. The angrier we become; the more intelligence drop. Try as much as you can to calm down when upset... Count to ten and between each count say to yourself: "i'm becoming calmer"
dont get angry for pity's sake - anger makes us see other people as objects to be acted upon rather than human beings to be interacted with. We become angry with someone when we think they're preventing us from getting what we want.
To get full control of your anger, see the person you're angry with as a 6-month-old helpless baby and your anger will just melt down in no time.
breathe...
Anger doesn't just happen in your head. As anger rises, so does your blood pressure. You begin to breathe more rapidly, blood gets pumped into your arms and legs for fighting.
Natural steroids are released into your blood stream making you feel stronger and less susceptible to pain_which is why angry people might punch a wall without feeling the pain until later.
deal with your own anger on a physical level
say to yourself: "there`s no way 'm getting raised blood pressure over this!"
Breathe in deeply, then breathe out slowly. Your out-breath needs to be longer than your in-breath.
If you do this you'll calm down rapidly and your blood pressure will quickly normalise. You'll also find out you can think more clearly again.
let anger know who's boss - with this you can do away with your anger early enough.
overcome real frustrations Remember the words of the Budha: "being angry is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else, you are the one who gets burned"

tell us what you do to control your own anger

23 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Control Your Anger by kilokeys(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
booked

i dey come.. i still dey vex

8 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Anger by Tallesty1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 10, 2014
The first step towards learning how to control your anger is to master the bodily symptoms you experience before you become angry.

If you can master the signals that tells you that you are getting angry, then you will find it easy to take yourself out of the situation before the anger reaches uncontrolable level.

Mostly its people who make us angry. So speak to yourself positively when you encounter such persons. Tell yourself that the person who is getting on your nerves is just an idiot. Make fun of it. When we're angry, our thinking can get very exaggerated and overly dramatic. Try replacing these thoughts with more rational ones. For instance, instead of telling yourself, "oh, it's awful, it's terrible, everything's ruined," tell yourself, "it's frustrating, and it's understandable that I'm upset about it, but it's not the end of the world and getting angry is not going to fix it anyhow."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Control Your Anger by temhab(f): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2014
Good one OP
Re: How To Control Your Anger by lirusehn(m): 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2014

Seriously need this. smiley TNX OP
Re: How To Control Your Anger by 1miccza: 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
Op you're the best,I seriously need this......
Re: How To Control Your Anger by Guykhena(m): 7:22pm On Sep 10, 2014
Why can't you just embrace it and let it take control,,,,,,,

Unleash the monster,stop fighting it.......

5 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Anger by Idrismusty97(m): 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
• be cool be clever - anger makes us silly literally what seem like a good idea when we are angry can seem really silly when we calm down. The angrier we become; the more intelligence drop. Try as much as you can to calm down when upset... Count to ten and between each count say to yourself: "i'm becoming calmer"
So true!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Control Your Anger by kunlesehan(m): 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2014
hmmmmm...now I'm getting pissed off, whether by this thread or by the super eagles lackadaisical game play against banana banana, I don't know.
now I'm trying to breathe as instructed but even the so called fresh air is scarce for the common man these days.
lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Control Your Anger by datguru: 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
End Time Things

1 Like

Re: How To Control Your Anger by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
Why not read Nairaland's political thread...it would help you to cool off grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Anger by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2014
I really need this thread.
Re: How To Control Your Anger by Babyboy1986(m): 8:10pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hahaha i laugh in DoroDutch.. shocked shocked

cool
Re: How To Control Your Anger by Melasam(f): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
tnx op. helped alittle
Re: How To Control Your Anger by sirjohnson(m): 8:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Sorry o, but I dont think this is comprehensive enough. Read this ten tips on how to control your anger Here. You will surely come back to thank me.
Re: How To Control Your Anger by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
By shutting my mouth up. I'm a stutterer,if i'm pissed the stuttering gets worse and i'll just blow up. So most times when i'm angry,i just use the last ounce of my self will to keep quiet and walk away

2 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Anger by Ojestas(m): 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2014
Some angers are uncontrollable though!.
Re: How To Control Your Anger by BestNaija(m): 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2014
Thanks for sharing.
Re: How To Control Your Anger by nickz(m): 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
won't work on me!!....sometimes i get angry and do very mean things,
reason why most of my friends now have been my friends since growing up...it won't last
you get on my nerves
i snap
i lash at you
and i never apologize

someone recommended this movie "ANGRIEST MAN IN BROOKLYN"
since i watched it, my situation has gone down a bit...

but some people can be annoying brats ehn

2 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Anger by Jnrbayerno(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
My dad needs thisssss
Re: How To Control Your Anger by youngvizzy1(m): 8:16pm On Sep 10, 2014
I have hot temper sad I hope this tips works, cus it made me fought in church which I regret
Re: How To Control Your Anger by nikkypearl(f): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Tnks op!I do really need those tips!

1 Like

Re: How To Control Your Anger by oyewolestephen(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Any time am Angry I do listed to music to reduce the depression
Re: How To Control Your Anger by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2014
Woosaaah!
Re: How To Control Your Anger by nairaman66(m): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2014
I am so guilty of this! Hopefully, I will be able to get this tips into action. Thanks @OP
Re: How To Control Your Anger by valmunich(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2014
Anger is innate, its just like an expression, why would one wanna control it?
Re: How To Control Your Anger by megabyte2(f): 8:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
I don't talk when am angry
Re: How To Control Your Anger by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Especially for pple like me wey dey vex like devil
Re: How To Control Your Anger by kultimate009: 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
Hmmm
Re: How To Control Your Anger by emperorchedda(m): 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
As for me I look for a quiet place and sip my alomo
Re: How To Control Your Anger by soldierdollar(m): 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nice

Since I was born , and now ayam getting old , I just made front page grin brother have you seen , no no no no since I was born ayam just making front page grin

Back to d topic grin

I am hot tempered as I stammer slightly. I have had lots of experience in my hot-temper encyclopedia that I began to work on it. It affected me socially as I did not condone tease from my " friends " . any slight jokes meant to marr me will be repelled with a stiff bark and in most cases , with an automatic slap ! Kpawai ! shocked Naturally , this had to scare people away as I wasn't an approachable type . I was forced to work on my temper and all the prodigal friends are back grin

3 Likes

Re: How To Control Your Anger by Blackchampion(m): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2014
Mek i rush comment b4 dis boys kidnap d FP

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheila Solarin Of Mayflower School Is Dead (Tai Solarin's Widow) / TEAM LASU wins Super Nairaland Interschool debate (Clash of Previous Winners) / 4 Things Student Can Do During ASUU Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.