Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

CAC Server Always Down!!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CAC Server Always Down!!! (1956 Views)

CAC Liquidates 30 Wonder Banks, As Depositors May Lose N106bn / Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC? / CAC To Publish Nigerian Business Records Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CAC Server Always Down!!! by sirrinky: 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2014
I am an entrepreneur and as such i dabble into alot of business,and part of doing my civic duties i try to get all my business duly registered and have a tax system worked out. But one very annoying thing so far has been the attitude and efficiency of the CAC staff in Benin City. I have been trying now to run two availabulity search now for over two months and they have been coming back with the same excuse."Our Server Is Down ".I have tried to be very patient but its becoming really annoying,how can a government agency just go dark for close to 2 months and no one is being dealth with for it? at the end of the day they still collect salaries. Its just annoying. I dont know if anyone has had the experience of late but its really frustrating

1 Like

Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by mkoabiola: 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2014
Wat ar d processes of bzness or coy registration?
I want to register a new bzness name in lag.
Wat ar d re steps to take
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by ABAboi: 12:14am On Sep 11, 2014
For company registration I use http://nigeriaformations.com. They are effective
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by arbitrage: 4:10am On Sep 11, 2014
Mine is close to two months now that my Lawyer in Abuja has been giving the feedback of "CAC server down" whereas I wanted him to do what they called one-day registration option at headquarters in Abuja. I thought the search is manually done in the CAC office without computer or server access. If truly it is now a server based search, it probably means some elements within the system, who had been making money from people to manually search in their office, are working against possibility of having the search available online to everybody like other countries do.
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by Youngzedd(m): 6:49am On Sep 11, 2014
arbitrage: Mine is close to two months now that my Lawyer in Abuja has been giving the feedback of "CAC server down" whereas I wanted him to do what they called one-day registration option at headquarters in Abuja. I thought the search is manually done in the CAC office without computer or server access. If truly it is now a server based search, it probably means some elements within the system, who had been making money from people to manually search in their office, are working against possibility of having the search available online to everybody like other countries do.

Manually?

Do you know millions of registeredbbusiness names in Nigeria.

The issue started on 15th of August.

We got to wait till 1st October.
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by kode12: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2014
Youngzedd:

Manually?

Do you know millions of registeredbbusiness names in Nigeria.

The issue started on 15th of August.

We got to wait till 1st October.
Why do you say october first?Is it that they lost all their data and want to build the database again from physical files? Aren't theysupposed to have backups in place? I know of smaller private firms that have their back up on like 3 different states.I think the DG of. CAC should be fired ASAP
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by Youngzedd(m): 8:10am On Sep 11, 2014
kode12: Why do you say october first?Is it that they lost all their data and want to build the database again from physical files? Aren't theysupposed to have backups in place? I know of smaller private firms that have their back up on like 3 different states.I think the DG of. CAC should be fired ASAP

The more we live, the more we learn.

The stipulated period is over, today is 11 September 2014.

Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by kode12: 8:50am On Sep 11, 2014
Youngzedd:

The stipulated period is over, today is 11 September 2014.
Are you a staff or sth? Does that notice imply that the systems are fuctioning properly now?
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by arbitrage: 8:57am On Sep 11, 2014
Your attached letter is a confirmation of my guess. First, it confirms that they were manually searching for names to be registered before from their paper database to know if your chosen name is still available. Little wonder, it could take up to two weeks plus payment to know if your choice of name is still available for registration. Secondly, the letter confirms my guess of some internal elements who would not want online easy search to be available to everyone like they do in the US and UK, so they won't make money as usual.
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by Youngzedd(m): 10:31am On Sep 11, 2014
kode12: Are you a staff or sth? Does that notice imply that the systems are fuctioning properly now?

Still not working for now.
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by MyIncorp: 3:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
As I heard, only CAC HQ Abuja appears to be in operation. We have been able to get availability results in one and half weeks during this crisis period (against the usual 3 to 4 working days).

I was at their Lagos zonal office yesterday to get some set of forms and heard that business names submitted for search and reservation since 3 weeks, have not been treated! CAC is indeed a disturbed agency.
Click Here to Register a Company in Nigeria. We get it done at Abuja.
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by williams20(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Lagos' servers are down too, cant pay or authenticate , sm1 shld pls suggest a way out, i av a completed form bt d search result has expired due to server downtime
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by MyIncorp: 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2014
williams20: Lagos' servers are down too, cant pay or authenticate , sm1 shld pls suggest a way out, i av a completed form bt d search result has expired due to server downtime
You can't rely on the zonal offices if you are an accreditted agent who frequent the CAC. We don't use the Lagos offices unless we need to get forms and make inquiries. If your firm don't have an Abuja office that can directly visit the CAC HQ, connect with a trusted (human) link who can assist you with submissions and dispatch. The truth is that their HQ is faster.

1 Like

Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by williams20(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2014
MyIncorp:
You can't rely on the zonal offices if you are an accreditted agent who frequent the CAC. We don't use the Lagos offices unless we need to get forms and make inquiries. If your firm don't have an Abuja office that can directly visit the CAC HQ, connect with a trusted (human) link who can assist you with submissions and dispatch. The truth is that their HQ is faster.

how lng does name search take at the abuja office
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by MyIncorp: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2014
williams20:

how lng does name search take at the abuja office

At this present time, it could take btw 7 to 14 days. If not for this server issues they are experiencing, name search does take 3 to 4 days, max 5 days.
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by williams20(m): 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2014
MyIncorp:

At this present time, it could take btw 7 to 11 days. If not for this server issues they are experiencing, name search does take 3 to 4 days, max 5 days.

is his server dwntime nationwide
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by basisop(m): 9:18pm On Sep 11, 2014
CAC is useless as it sounds. Availability of name is taking them two months now due to server downtime. The most annoying is the way the staff unapologetically announce it to you.

This is how we are going to attract investors.
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by kode12: 2:11am On Sep 12, 2014
It is indeed very shanmeful.This happems when quarks are running a system
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by mkoabiola: 8:27am On Sep 12, 2014
Hw much will it take me to register a "limited"coy or bzness name?
D process and steps
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by Rooneyboy(m): 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2014
I think the DG of. CAC should be fired ASAP[/quote]

very incompetent bastard .

I'm very certain, had it been we had young lads there calling the shots things wouldnt have gone this bad .

those old idiots are so clueless .
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by sirrinky: 7:00am On Sep 16, 2014
I completely agree^^^^ because if thry had a functtioning databsei wouldnt take 10mins to do a name search and not more than 2 days to issues acertificate.With pros in networking,database administration and all everywhere they still move towards technology with a snails pace but they are quick to find ways to loot money and extort people.Bunch of incompetent bastards
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 20, 2014
i had to do a google search to confirm my lawyer regular ''server down'' replies, as such i stumble on this thread. Since 19th of August i sent in two name search it has been the same old story. i just needed facts because i was about to request of him a refund.

Nigeria has always tried to make things work against us but we cant give up. Because when we see the number of persons that have feed their families from previous business we build more courage no matter when we will wait and register companies to better the lot of the working class!

#thumpuptoallfellowentrepreneurs
Re: CAC Server Always Down!!! by zikclassiq(m): 2:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
sirrinky: I am an entrepreneur and as such i dabble into alot of business,and part of doing my civic duties i try to get all my business duly registered and have a tax system worked out. But one very annoying thing so far has been the attitude and efficiency of the CAC staff in Benin City. I have been trying now to run two availabulity search now for over two months and they have been coming back with the same excuse."Our Server Is Down ".I have tried to be very patient but its becoming really annoying,how can a government agency just go dark for close to 2 months and no one is being dealth with for it? at the end of the day they still collect salaries. Its just annoying. I dont know if anyone has had the experience of late but its really frustrating
Its a national issue.

(1) (Reply)

How Guinness Completely Destroyed The Country Nigeria / Autopartz.com:locating Spare Parts From Popular Markets Is Just Few Clicks Away / Carport And Stainless Real Fabrication Engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.