Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,934 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Have You Ever Bought Clothes Online? How Well Do Clothes Sell Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Have You Ever Bought Clothes Online? How Well Do Clothes Sell Online (1604 Views)

Update On Captcha Entry Jobs Online. How To Make Passive Income From It / Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria? / 51-Year-Old Nigerian Bought As A Toy By A Rich White Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Bought Clothes Online? How Well Do Clothes Sell Online by BigBossMan(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2014
HAVE YOU EVER BOUGHT CLOTHES ONLINE? HOW WELL DO CLOTHES SELL ONLINE

HELLO EVERYONE
I AM CONSIDERING SETTING UP AN ONLINE STORE. I INTEND TO SELL MALE, FEMALE, CHILDREN AND INFANT CLOTHES IN WHOLESALE AND RETAIL QUANTITIES.

CURRENTLY I DONOT OWN A SHOP OR BOUTIQUE BUT I HAVE BEEN SELLING CLOTHES ON A ON-OFF BASIS (I IMPORT WHILE, MY WIFE DOES THE SELLING). BUT THIS TIME I INTEND TO TAKE IT TO A NEW LEVEL.

TO THIS END, I INTEND TO SET UP AN "OFFLINE" STOREFRONT. THIS OFFLINE STORE FRONT WILL SELL WHOLESALE AND RETAIL TO SHOP OWNERS AND INDIVIDUAL CLIENTS IN MY CITY AND ENVIRONS (BENIN, WARRI, ETC)

I ALSO WANT TO SET UP AN ONLINE STOREFRONT WITH THE POPULAR MERCHANTS LIKE KAYMU, GTB SME HUB, KONGA ETC.

MY QUESTION IS THIS, WHAT IS THE PATRONAGE OF CLOTHES FROM ONLINE STORES LIKE? .TO WHAT EXTENT DO NIGERIANS BUY CLOTHES FROM ONLINE STORES

I HAVE A FEELING THAT PEOPLE PREFER TO BUY GADGETS ONLINE AND CLOTHES FROM REGULAR SHOPS

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

PLEASE I NEED YOUR SINCERE CONTRIBUTIONS

THANKS
Re: Have You Ever Bought Clothes Online? How Well Do Clothes Sell Online by 1kTask: 11:32am On Sep 11, 2014
I don't live in Nigeria so i can't say definitively for Nigeria, -but this applies universally.

The number one reason people hesitate to shop for clothes online (anywhere)
is the "fit factor." Unlike gadgets which are more about specifications, clothes
need to fit just right. People want to see if they look good in clothes before they commit.
The risk of a bad fit, and the consequent inconvenience of a return process is a turn off.

This shouldn't discourage you though. You can never win if you don't try.
Just like any business, your strategies are what will determine the outcome.

Think about this: You mentioned Konga in your post. Only a few years ago, people were
screaming that businesses like Jumia and Konga were bound to fail because Nigerians
would not buy ANYTHING online. Well, if they had listened to that, they would have shot themselves in the foot.

I keep a keen eye on the Nigerian business terrain, and invest in it.
Increased access to the internet and tech products is changing the status quo in Nigeria.

When thinking of a business, don't focus only on what the market is right now, but what it will be. Even better, what you will make it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Bought Clothes Online? How Well Do Clothes Sell Online by BigBossMan(m): 2:02pm On Sep 11, 2014
1kTask: I don't live in Nigeria so i can't say definitively for Nigeria , -but this applies universally.

The number one reason people hesitate to shop for clothes online (anywhere)
is the "fit factor." Unlike gadgets which are more about specifications, clothes
need to fit just right. People want to see if they look good in clothes before they commit.
The risk of a bad fit, and the consequent inconvenience of a return process is a turn off.

This shouldn't discourage you though. You can never win if you don't try.
Just like any business, your strategies are what will determine the outcome.

Think about this: You mentioned Konga in your post. Only a few years ago, people were
screaming that businesses like Jumia and Konga were bound to fail because Nigerians
would not buy ANYTHING online. Well, if they had listened to that, they would have shot themselves in the foot.

I keep a keen eye on the Nigerian business terrain, and invest in it.
Increased access to the internet and tech products is changing the status quo in Nigeria.

When thinking of a business, don't focus only on what the market is right now, but what it will be. Even better, what you will make it.

WOW. THANKS! THAT'S INSPIRING!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Re: Have You Ever Bought Clothes Online? How Well Do Clothes Sell Online by BigBossMan(m): 7:29am On Sep 13, 2014
Waiting for contributions. ...

(1) (Reply)

10 Books Every Entrepreneur Must Read / Latest Life Changing Opportunity In Nigeria / (photo) Rich Man Vs Poor Man's Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.