Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says (19539 Views)

Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? / 9 Stupid Questions You Hear When You Wear Hijab / Is It Mandatory For Women To Wear Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by RayMcBlue(m): 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
tbaba12345:

Besides the incorrect analogy, the bolded is not correct with islamic theology.

Islam does not say, all those who are not believers go to hell. Rather there must be evidence against you. Those who have presented with Islam is its pure form and rejected it due to arrogance, has evidence against themselves.

“… And We never punish until We have sent a Messenger (to give warning).” [al-Israa’17:15].

So muslim do not say x or y is going to hell.

Practising your religion does not equate to flaunting it.

By all means believe what you want, gather at places of worship, have routines that revolve around your religion, it doesn't bother me. Just please, don't push it in my face, that's where I, and I'm pretty sure others, get annoyed.

I don't need someone else telling me that because I'm an atheist, my goodwill to other people is redundant. I don't like that at all. And I've had that said to me in the past, it's not appreciated.
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by tbaba12345: 10:03pm On Sep 13, 2014
RayMcBlue:

By all means believe what you want, gather at places of worship, have routines that revolve around your religion, it doesn't bother me. Just please, don't push it in my face, that's where I, and I'm pretty sure others, get annoyed.

I don't need someone else telling me that because I'm an atheist, my goodwill to other people is redundant. I don't like that at all. And I've had that said to me in the past, it's not appreciated.

I am pretty sure, the woman wearing the hijab didn't even notice you. She was just practising her beliefs yet you are getting upset. Maybe you are the one that needs a review of your own values.

Would you have complained if the person wore a hoody? Then why should a scarf upset you so?

1 Like

Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by RayMcBlue(m): 7:15am On Sep 14, 2014
tbaba12345:

I am pretty sure, the woman wearing the hijab didn't even notice you. She was just practising her beliefs yet you are getting upset. Maybe you are the one that needs a review of your own values.

Would you have complained if the person wore a hoody? Then why should a scarf upset you so?

The difference between me and the hijab wearing women is the fact that I don't consider my clothing as a religious symbol. I consider my clothes as clothes, i.e. things to cover me. I'm quite flexible with 'em too. I can go hoodless in hot weather or anytime the mood suits me for that matter, and most importantly, I don't hold on to 'em "religiously."

People should be made aware of the separation between state and religion. Practise your belief in private but don't flaunt it in public places as it promotes and propagates segregation.

The French government is of similar thoughts BTW: Wearing of Hijab in public places is illegal in France, particularly Paris.
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by tbaba12345: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2014
RayMcBlue:

The difference between me and the hijab wearing women is the fact that I don't consider my clothing as a religious symbol. I consider my clothes as clothes, i.e. things to cover me. I'm quite flexible with 'em too. I can go hoodless in hot weather or anytime the mood suits me for that matter, and most importantly, I don't hold on to 'em "religiously."

People should be made aware of the separation between state and religion. Practise your belief in private but don't flaunt it in public places as it promotes and propagates segregation.

The French government is of similar thoughts BTW: Wearing of Hijab in public places is illegal in France, particularly Paris.

A woman moves around half-naked and is not harassed. A woman is dressed modestly and is. Such high values indeed.

Muslims for instance do not have the same history as christians. Muslim states thrived under Islamic rule for centuries. In the Islamic Caliphate, the Islamic system granted autonomy to non-Muslims, and permitted non-Muslims to live under their own law systems, and be free from having any duty to obedience to the Caliph (whose authority is only over Muslims).

So there have been successful alternatives different from that way of living.

1 Like

Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2014
rahymat: Im proud to be a muslim because we r nt fake.
u guys ar under a bondage.. blieve me..
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by Nobody: 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
tbaba12345:

This smacks of intolerance. Your concept of what a religion should be or is, is irrelevant and should not be imposed on anyone. Wearing a hijab is part of a muslim woman faith. It is part of her identity. You want to strip that away to conform to your secular, liberal ideas.

Islam as a religion is not limited to the private life, there are public aspects to it.
u guys ar in bondage, both body,mind n soul.. blieve me.. it wld be no use explaining especially in consideration of how twisted most of u ar in d name of pleasing men who has transformed demself n desires callously into an embodiment of laws n teachings as doctrines from an Allah past down 2 u guys to shape a life DAT wld be loyal n in bondage of a remote selfish aim n presented 2 u like its a command from a supreme being u all know nothing about. wen if d embedded intentions behind d initial source of this teachings is properly investigated one wld find out that d supreme being which dey indirectly want u to serve with confusing doctrines n self contradicting laws with claim to satisfy its will, appearing in a manner so as to see them as humble...whereas dey ar in d real sense d real devils n chaos producer ...ar in d lykes of ur so called imams, shiek, mallams, alhajis(which represents d political wings, not leaving d emirs n sultans e.t.c) n their grand patron...Mohammed, who passed down this vices to dem.. affecting d entire Muslim race... checkout that d world most chaotic religion is Islam...n not also leaving out its title as d world's most confused religion.... QED.... as I said they wld be no need explaining it all. where do u want 2 understand it 4rm.... Go n read d tru history of ur religion open heartedly.... then examine d clear intentions of most actors behind it. seeking d truth..
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 16, 2014
tbaba12345:

A woman moves around half-naked and is not harassed. A woman is dressed modestly and is. Such high values indeed.

Muslims for instance do not have the same history as christians. Muslim states thrived under Islamic rule for centuries. In the Islamic Caliphate, the Islamic system granted autonomy to non-Muslims, and permitted non-Muslims to live under their own law systems, and be free from having any duty to obedience to the Caliph (whose authority is only over Muslims).

So there have been successful alternatives different from that way of living.
that ur very craze of a caliphate is wat is destroying d world... u guys ar messed up in mind.... n d worst is DAT u guys wanna impose ur hazardous , irrational, n godless lifestyle on others by force... d ladies who wear skirt, trousers, hoods n d likes ar dey mandated to do dis by a doctrine or even forced by a law of religion... or make dem believe dey ar doing it to satisfy d will of a god whether real or fake..or dey ar doing DAT n going against d will of a god when DAT god wld be no other one but urs...?

Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by AbdH: 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
[s]
Tlovely: u guys ar in bondage, both body,mind n soul.. blieve me.. it wld be no use explaining especially in consideration of how twisted most of u ar in d name of pleasing men who has transformed demself n desires callously into an embodiment of laws n teachings as doctrines from an Allah past down 2 u guys to shape a life DAT wld be loyal n in bondage of a remote selfish aim n presented 2 u like its a command from a supreme being u all know nothing about. wen if d embedded intentions behind d initial source of this teachings is properly investigated one wld find out that d supreme being which dey indirectly want u to serve with confusing doctrines n self contradicting laws with claim to satisfy its will, appearing in a manner so as to see them as humble...whereas dey ar in d real sense d real devils n chaos producer ...ar in d lykes of ur so called imams, shiek, mallams, alhajis(which represents d political wings, not leaving d emirs n sultans e.t.c) n their grand patron...Mohammed, who passed down this vices to dem.. affecting d entire Muslim race... checkout that d world most chaotic religion is Islam...n not also leaving out its title as d world's most confused religion.... QED.... as I said they wld be no need explaining it all. where do u want 2 understand it 4rm.... Go n read d tru history of ur religion open heartedly.... then examine d clear intentions of most actors behind it. seeking d truth..
[/s]

Too much gibberish!
Anyone who understands this comment should help us out.
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by Herrmes: 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
AbdH:

Really? I'm not surprised. It gives me joy that it repels someone like you. It does a good job keeping harm away anyway.
Relax I can assure you that me and the majority of people don't want suicide bombers, I'm just saying
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by AbdH: 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2014
Herrmes: Relax I can assure you that me and the majority of people don't want suicide bombers, I'm just saying

But men who commit suicide bombings don't dress like that.
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 23, 2014
Yes, they mostly have a better body image especially the average girls ... Even where the face may be hissshhhh, the body structure is usually superb !!
Re: Women Who Wear Hijab Can Have A Better Body Image, Study Says by Empiree: 1:13am On Dec 23, 2014
TrollMan:
In Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran, women use hijab to bomb and kill people. They usually disguise themselves inside this as suicide bombers. Is that the body Image?
this is the best comment you could come up with?. Na wa oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamically, Is It Permissible To Divorce My Husband Based On Polygamy? / Boy Won ₦1.6m, Land And Hajj For Reciting The Qur'an (video) / A Thread on Correcting Errors Made in Salat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.