Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,741 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? (945 Views)

Photos: Fire Incident At Ogunpa Market In Ibadan Leaves Traders In Anguish / Photos From The Fire Incident At Balogun Market This Morning / Nigerian Survived 3 Days UnderWater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
when I was very little I loved the smell of kerosine so much. Oneday my parents left me alone with my gradmom. while she was busy doing her own thing I found myself in the kitchen with half a bottle of kerosine and I remember I drunk all of it. cant remember exactly how or when my grandmom found me but i recall she cried and prayed aloud and quickly rushed to give me lots of palm oil to drink and thanks to her im alive today. I know it sounds crazy but I still love the smell of kerosine, cant explain.
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Mutuwa(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Arcasie: when I was very little I loved the smell of kerosine so much. Oneday my parents left me alone with my gradmom. while she was busy doing her own thing I found myself in the kitchen with half a bottle of kerosine and I remember I drunk all of it. cant remember exactly how or when my grandmom found me but i recall she cried and prayed aloud and quickly rushed to give me lots of palm oil to drink and thanks to her im alive today. I know it sounds crazy but I still love the smell of kerosine, cant explain.

*falls from palm wine tree*
kaiiiii madam...talk tru o!
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2014
when was 5, pet dog bit my face in several places

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Tallesty1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 11, 2014
voodoo85: when was 5, pet dog bit my face in several places
Pictures
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by ayamAJ(m): 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Still laffing....love d smell of kerosene?.....chai its hilarious
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mutuwa:

*falls from palm wine tree*
kaiiiii madam...talk tru o!
lol ..even tho it was a strange situation i got no reason to lie ...I always thank God for my grandmom
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
Tallesty1: Pictures
profile pic. can't see now anything. small scar on upper lip and scar on ear lobe
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Mutuwa(m): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
Arcasie:
lol ..even tho it was a strange situation i got no reason to lie ...I always thank God for my grandmom

Yea..thank the almighty for today,av heard ppl take kerosine accidently and given dt palm oil treatment as well..in most cases they turn out alive..its strange but the almighty works in mysterious ways..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 11, 2014
Arcasie: when I was very little I loved the smell of kerosine so much. Oneday my parents left me alone with my gradmom. while she was busy doing her own thing I found myself in the kitchen with half a bottle of kerosine and I remember I drunk all of it. cant remember exactly how or when my grandmom found me but i recall she cried and prayed aloud and quickly rushed to give me lots of palm oil to drink and thanks to her im alive today. I know it sounds crazy but I still love the smell of kerosine, cant explain.

had a similiar experience,only that it was petrol i drank....

btw,you are pretty if that's really you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by diamondpaul(m): 10:03pm On Sep 11, 2014
I guess my own was that of the smoke,,, I use to smell nd run after smoking moving vehicle's then till I catch cattarr
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by DaGC(m): 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
I've been in 2 life threatening situations but I'm uncomfortable talking about 1.

A couple years ago, I was in Jigawa. 1 night, a friend drove over with his fiance, picked me up for a night of fun. We drank and danced till like midnight or so. There is a federal road linking Kano, through Jigawa down to Katsina state. Cars are almost always on high speed on this road. When we got to the roadside, we needed to cross over cause I lived on the other side and they were gonna drop me off before going home. There was this car coming on high speed honking and flashing its light from distance, we stopped for it to pass before we will make our move. Unfortunately, my dude was drunk and he waited till the car was close before he ventured into the road. The incoming driver swerved and crashed into the rear side of our car. I was sitting in the rear sit. My head smashed the door glass, I had a blackout for a couple seconds. When I recovered and was dragged outside the car, I noticed the incoming car crashed under a truck filled with wood parked on the road side. It was badly damaged but airbags saved the driver. Ours was badly damaged too, but fortunately for all, there was really no major injuries. We all survived. The man wasn't even pissed. He just offered thanks to Allah, checked on us and that was it. Some Northeners are friendly folks.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by iebanehita(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2014
▲▲▲▲▲Touching. .

well, mine happened when I was in junior class.

I went for a sport competition, along with my school friends. The venue was quite far from school. We never knew it would last for HOURS and I f**lishly used up my little money to buy bread and coconut at the early stage of the competition, with my friends doing same.

And then it came to an end.
Time to go home!
Not a dime in my pocket and I was starving!

While trekking, I saw one of these light duty trucks where someone can easily hop in from behind.

I did that.

It then dawned on me that I had NO IDEA where it's heading.
Mehn, I had to hop out o!.. and that was the last I remembered.

I later found myself surrounded by strangers and my friends, trying to revive me. There and then, I was told I fainted and was lying flat on the express and how a big truck was approaching at the spot where I passed out and passers-by had to call his attention, before he swerved to the other lane.

Developed some scars though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 12, 2014
iebanehita: ▲▲▲▲▲Touching. .

well, mine happened when I was in junior class.

I went for a sport competition, along with my school friends. The venue was quite far from school. We never knew it would last for HOURS and I f**lishly used up my little money to buy bread and coconut at the early stage of the competition, with my friends doing same.

And then it came to an end.
Time to go home!
Not a dime in my pocket and I was starving!

While trekking, I saw one of these light duty trucks where someone can easily hop in from behind.

I did that.

It then dawned on me that I had NO IDEA where it's heading.
Mehn, I had to hop out o!.. and that was the last I remembered.

I later found myself surrounded by strangers and my friends, trying to revive me. There and then, I was told I fainted and was lying flat on the express and how a big truck was approaching at the spot where I passed out and passers-by had to call his attention, before he swerved to the other lane.

Developed some scars though.
wow! what an experience!! we need to be extra grateful to God everyday for our lives cuz im sure so many other people were in the same situations we were and didnt survive
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by iebanehita(m): 11:55am On Sep 12, 2014
Arcasie:
wow! what an experience!! we need to be extra grateful to God everyday for our lives cuz im sure so many other people were in the same situations we were and didnt survive

Yeah. Not many would have survived it

I didn't even tell my parents about it. They found out from my cousin who is in same school with me.

I didn't even share it as a testimony in church/fellowship.

was Damn shy.

but now, men don jasi o! grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Jbond(m): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2014
Had 2 experiences, the ist was in secondary school when I fell from the top of a pear tree and broke my wrist and elbow. While the second was when I was shot with a short gun on my chest nd abdomen by armed robbers that came to rob in our family house some years bk, till 2day I still hv d scars nd some pellets lodged in my body cos I dint allow dem operate on me to remove d pellets bk den,it was crazy..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Jbond: Had 2 experiences, the ist was in secondary school when I fell from the top of a pear tree and broke my wrist and elbow. While the second was when I was shot with a short gun on my chest nd abdomen by armed robbers that came to rob in our family house some years bk, till 2day I still hv d scars nd some pellets lodged in my body cos I dint allow dem operate on me to remove d pellets bk den,it was crazy..
u survived a bullet shot in ur chest abd abdomen?? shocked shocked shocked
thats amazing ....we thank God that your still here
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Jbond(m): 12:05am On Sep 13, 2014
Arcasie:
u survived a bullet shot in ur chest abd abdomen?? shocked shocked shocked
thats amazing ....we thank God that your still here
Yes I thank God for my life, and for urs too miss kerosene.
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by 19naia(m): 4:54am On Sep 13, 2014
Malaria, Nearly drowning in the beach, Motor cycle accident, big earthquake, Mamba jump pass my face and never bite, Smoking so much for many years while living on active volcano, some one buried sharp broken beer bottle in the sand before i came to jump down in that sandy area , So many things i survived well...
Let me step to the back and let the Ebola survivors take the Big boy position up front in this topic here.. shocked

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 13, 2014
Jbond: Yes I thank God for my life, and for urs too miss kerosene.
lol miss kerosene? shocked *covers face with palms* ....i already know my love for kerosene is weird please dont start teasing smiley
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 13, 2014
Went to buy drawing book without telling anyone I was going out,wanted to cross the road and.....,.....,.......I WOKE UP IN A HOSPITAL WITH STITCHES ON MY JAW

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 13, 2014
So many life threatening incidents but I am just like a cat with nine lives.
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 13, 2014
softsparkyy: So many life threatening incidents but I am just like a cat with nine lives.
me too! angry
Re: What Is The Most Life Threatening Incident That You Have Survived And How?? by Jbond(m): 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2014
Arcasie:
lol miss kerosene? shocked *covers face with palms* ....i already know my love for kerosene is weird please dont start teasing smiley
Yeah kinda weird bt fascinating though, when I was a kid d smell of talcum powder really thrilled me that I ended up licking it at a time, nd when I went to the toilet my poo was kinda white,hehehe.

(1) (Reply)

US Ebola Patient, Thomas Duncan, Dies!!! Nd 4 ppl Quaran... In Spain! / Incredible!!!:- Meet The Chinese Man Who Can Sleep On A Single Rope / Goodbye Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.