Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Family Visit To Accra, Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Family Visit To Accra, Ghana (7016 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / 8 Things You Will Notice On Your First Visit To Port Harcourt / Yoruba Man Recounts His Visit To Igboland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello house,

I need your help. I have not visited any African country before and i want to start with Ghana.

I have heard lots of good things about Accra, Ghana and I would love to visit the place with my family.

I intend to travel to Accra in November and i need your help to make this happen.

Any advise/suggestions of place to visit, where to stay, restaurants, tourist attractions etc. will be highly appreciated.

Pls help a brother in need.

Thanks
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by equlibrium(m): 10:06pm On Sep 11, 2014
hardeymijuh: Hello house,

I need your help. I have not visited any African country before and i want to start with Ghana.

I have heard lots of good things about Accra, Ghana and I would love to visit the place with my family.

I intend to travel to Accra in November and i need your help to make this happen.

Any advise/suggestions of place to visit, where to stay, restaurants, tourist attractions etc. will be highly appreciated.

Pls help a brother in need.

Thanks
Liberia? undecided
its visa free
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 10:08pm On Sep 11, 2014
Thanks equilibrium, but i mean places in Accra
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 6:46am On Sep 12, 2014
Good morning NLs, pls help a brother in need. embarassed

Thanks
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hello NLS,

still waiting for your advice...plsssss
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by tobisunday(m): 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
Chairman ghana no easy at d moment o bt fr u coming to ghana,u are a big man because naira to cedis na BLOCK.....i'm in ghana at d moment Nungua to be precise
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by donsteady(m): 2:28am On Sep 14, 2014
waiting u dey do for nungua, that useless area when them hate nigerians, me dey Spintex Rd.
tobisunday: Chairman ghana no easy at d moment o bt fr u coming to ghana,u are a big man because naira to cedis na BLOCK.....i'm in ghana at d moment Nungua to be precise
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 1:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
tobisunday: Chairman ghana no easy at d moment o bt fr u coming to ghana,u are a big man because naira to cedis na BLOCK.....i'm in ghana at d moment Nungua to be precise

@ tobisunday,

Na vacation I wan come for ooo with my family,we intend spending about 4-5 days. I need advise on where to stay, which area to visits, shopping etc.....
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by jayedu108: 11:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
U can try obuasi it a lovely place to be tings are cheaper dey wit cheap accomodation it a town of it own in ghana.
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by bis7(f): 11:28am On Sep 17, 2014
Lol u r funny which obusai is located around kumasi and far, pls poster dont mind them , there are several hotels in Accra you can stay current prices from 30 ghc upwarding depending on your budget and many local resturants you can eat and if incase you dont like our Ghana tiny rice theres a market they sell Nigeria foodstuffs . Anyway anytime you coming just beep me

1 Like

Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by bis7(f): 11:35am On Sep 17, 2014
And Note: Also time here is different from Nigeria about one hour different and morning day light start here 6am and anytime 5.30 pm its pinch black also there is regular lights here and we take tro tro and taxis around here mostly theres no traffic and you can move around anytime of the night also peaceful but the look and feel is not mush different from Lagos
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by kagari: 11:40am On Sep 17, 2014
If you have not made up you mind on accra you can try pendjari game reserve in republic of benin, you would enjoy it around that time. But if you really want accra i would advice you go wit a tour operator since its your first. He would arrange everything according to you wants and financial strenght. Just an advice though
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 9:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
bis7: Lol u r funny which obusai is located around kumasi and far, pls poster dont mind them , there are several hotels in Accra you can stay current prices from 30 ghc upwarding depending on your budget and many local resturants you can eat and if incase you dont like our Ghana tiny rice theres a market they sell Nigeria foodstuffs . Anyway anytime you coming just beep me
Thanks...well appreciated

bis7: And Note: Also time here is different from Nigeria about one hour different and morning day light start here 6am and anytime 5.30 pm its pinch black also there is regular lights here and we take tro tro and taxis around here mostly theres no traffic and you can move around anytime of the night also peaceful but the look and feel is not mush different from Lagos
Thanks...well appreciated.....

kagari: If you have not made up you mind on accra you can try pendjari game reserve in republic of benin, you would enjoy it around that time. But if you really want accra i would advice you go wit a tour operator since its your first. He would arrange everything according to you wants and financial strength. Just an advice though
I will get a tour guide as advised.
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
Hello All,

still need your advice!!!!plsssssssssssss
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by kagari: 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2014
hardeymijuh: Hello All,

I thought we have adviced you much, if you are on a budget go by road, if uar buoyant by air. Acrra and kumasi shud be ur best bet. But if u want a well package tour, i can recommend you to a tour comapany. Everything would be planned from here to ghana and back
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by texaco1: 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
hardeymijuh: Hello All,

it all depends on ur pocket and budget ,but one thing I will advise u is to avoid nigerians when u get to ghana . Accra is beautiful and u will love it . Affordable Hotels starts from 70 cedis and maybe 100 cedis . When u get to accra , there is a nice area which is quiet ,ask for cantonment area ,this area is where most embassies are located there is a very cheap hotel about 5 minutes trek to the south korean embassy ,it is an inn really . I don't know how much they charge now but last year it was 70 cedis . Osu ,dankw circle is a place u will meet many nationals and it is also near where the former president was staying. Find an hotel in osu area ,lot of whites people there and a nice place to be at night,the beach is also near ,I stayed at the cantonment area close to the us emabssy and captain kooks resturant for four years and never regretted it. But if u are on a tight budget then go to an hotel behind mokola market ,I have forgotten the name but it a 3 storey hotel and it is where u can get affordable accomodation,single room was 70cedis , really nice place and the good thing is the close proximity to makola market ,there is a woman that sells yoruba food believe me it is better than those they sell in nigeria sef. I wish I could go on .have a nice trip .

3 Likes

Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by ooliver: 2:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Accra is a lovely place and i'm sure you will enjoy yourself once you can get your travel and action plan in place before you leave Nigeria.

You can do without the tour guides if you are lucky to stay in a hotel where you can get an in-house taxi service or car rental..

Flights are plenty out of Nigeria now so you can book ahead and get great discounts.

Depending on what your plans are i would advice you to stay in an area that you can easily get access to all the places you want to go.

Osu is a great place and the Shoprite just opened at the Oxford Mall(so you can always go and buy good food and other necessities at a great price)..also make sure you enjoy the frozen yogurt treats also located in that mall....

Places of interest may include the Makola market(if you are up for some idumota styled market filled with lots to buy,plus you can haggle prices)
Bojo Beach(enjoy the boat ride that takes you to this beautiful beach, good grills/cold drinks available on the beach)
Accra Mall(cos you may also wanna catch a movie at the Silverbird cinemas)

Out of town places( Visit to Elmina and then the Kakum National Park(the canopy walk s a must do)

Have Fun...use trip advisor....you can even get bargain home rentals that come with some great amenities for a budget price

1 Like

Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 9:46am On Oct 01, 2014
kagari: .
I thought we have adviced you much, if you are on a budget go by road, if uar buoyant by air. Acrra and kumasi shud be ur best bet. But if u want a well package tour, i can recommend you to a tour comapany. Everything would be planned from here to ghana and back

Thanks Kagari, might consider travelling by air since I've got young kids

texaco1: it all depends on ur pocket and budget ,but one thing I will advise u is to avoid nigerians when u get to ghana . Accra is beautiful and u will love it . Affordable Hotels starts from 70 cedis and maybe 100 cedis . When u get to accra , there is a nice area which is quiet ,ask for cantonment area ,this area is where most embassies are located there is a very cheap hotel about 5 minutes trek to the south korean embassy ,it is an inn really . I don't know how much they charge now but last year it was 70 cedis . Osu ,dankw circle is a place u will meet many nationals and it is also near where the former president was staying. Find an hotel in osu area ,lot of whites people there and a nice place to be at night,the beach is also near ,I stayed at the cantonment area close to the us emabssy and captain kooks resturant for four years and never regretted it. But if u are on a tight budget then go to an hotel behind mokola market ,I have forgotten the name but it a 3 storey hotel and it is where u can get affordable accomodation,single room was 70cedis , really nice place and the good thing is the close proximity to makola market ,there is a woman that sells yoruba food believe me it is better than those they sell in nigeria sef. I wish I could go on .have a nice trip .
Thanks Texaco

ooliver:
Accra is a lovely place and i'm sure you will enjoy yourself once you can get your travel and action plan in place before you leave Nigeria.
You can do without the tour guides if you are lucky to stay in a hotel where you can get an in-house taxi service or car rental..
Flights are plenty out of Nigeria now so you can book ahead and get great discounts.
Depending on what your plans are i would advice you to stay in an area that you can easily get access to all the places you want to go.
Osu is a great place and the Shoprite just opened at the Oxford Mall(so you can always go and buy good food and other necessities at a great price)..also make sure you enjoy the frozen yogurt treats also located in that mall....
Places of interest may include the Makola market(if you are up for some idumota styled market filled with lots to buy,plus you can haggle prices)
Bojo Beach(enjoy the boat ride that takes you to this beautiful beach, good grills/cold drinks available on the beach)
Accra Mall(cos you may also wanna catch a movie at the Silverbird cinemas)
Out of town places( Visit to Elmina and then the Kakum National Park(the canopy walk s a must do)
Have Fun...use trip advisor....you can even get bargain home rentals that come with some great amenities for a budget price

Thanks Ooliver
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Happy Salah Everyone....Any other advice
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by bumitek02(m): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls guys How much is cheap hotel in accra I will travel to accra soon and spend only 2 to 3 days
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by ghettodreamz(m): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2014
equlibrium:

Liberia? undecided
its visa free
What a devilish suggestion. cheesy

You wan make hin go carry and expose hin family to the vulnerability of Ebola VD? grin
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by equlibrium(m): 11:30am On Oct 05, 2014
ghettodreamz:

What a devilish suggestion. cheesy

You wan make hin go carry and expose hin family to the vulnerability of Ebola VD? grin
grin
na ppl dey der too na
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
equlibrium:

grin
na ppl dey der too na

Bros, you try well!!! Dem go soon post you go sierra leone...no worry
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 2:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
How long is it from Lagos to Accra by Road? ABC, the Young etc?
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by nutigal: 7:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
bumitek02:
Pls guys How much is cheap hotel in accra I will travel to accra soon and spend only 2 to 3 days

There are so many hotels around. I stayed at Meffix guest house on Spintex rd. It is abt 30 dollars or 85 ghana cedis.
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by hardeymijuh: 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
bumitek02:

@bumitek02,

Have you travelled to Accra? how was your experience? pls share with us ooo...pix will also be appreciated!!!! grin grin shocked
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by goldplated(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
hardeymijuh:

@bumitek02,

Have you travelled to Accra? how was your experience? pls share with us ooo...pix will also be appreciated!!!! grin grin shocked

I just got into accra a week ago. Really most of these planning is uncalled for because entering ghana is just like travelling to calabar or lagos. Visa free and better by flight with your family. Once you have enough money, just get to katorka airport, order a taxi to take you to a good hotel, and be ready to spend at least $100 cedis for a double bed room. Really when you get to accra, things will surely look familiar to you as long as you have cedis you can move around. I would welcome all these planning if you were travelling to u.k/u.s for instance. a cedi now is about N56.
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by yemigeorge: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
if u can visit www.breakthroughwl.com or call me on 08023078698 or watsup

Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by MORNDEW(m): 12:20am On Oct 19, 2014
How much is the transport fair by bus and by air? Someone help please.
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by saylawal2003(m): 12:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
MORNDEW:
How much is the transport fair by bus and by air? Someone help please.

Fare by air is around N40,000 roundtrip and by road is N18,000 roundtrip
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by saylawal2003(m): 12:34pm On Nov 11, 2014
nutigal:

There are so many hotels around. I stayed at Meffix guest house on Spintex rd. It is abt 30 dollars or 85 ghana cedis.

How is Meffix Guest House? Look, environment and the cost of lodging? How do one get to d place from airport?
Re: Family Visit To Accra, Ghana by KolaShangOne(m): 5:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
I want to travel to Accra for about 5days over christmas.. just to chill.. I haven't had time to plan. Will be helpful if anyone can give info. Thanks

1) where to change naira to cedi?
2) I want to travel by road when returning. How much is the bus fare?
3) Which hotel can I get for about 250dollars for four nights in a quiet environment?
4)how much is the akosombo boat ride?
5) how safe is it to walk around at night?
6) places to avoid at night.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Retention Of Passport / Nigerian Students In Malta / 28 Days Deposit For Uk Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.