Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,735 members, 7,813,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Ten Reasons Men Should Not Be Ordained Pastors - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Reasons Men Should Not Be Ordained Pastors (517 Views)

God Has Ordained Orji Kalu To Speak For The Igbo –prophet / Ten Reasons Why Sex Should Wait . / Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Nigeria's First Saint Ordained By God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ten Reasons Men Should Not Be Ordained Pastors by engrtee(f): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2014
I find unconvincing the reasons people give for why women should not be ordained pastors or priests. For each reason, I can think of a corresponding reason a person might arguemenshould not be ordained.

A few years ago, I found a list of reasons why men shouldnotbe ordained. I posted the list on facebook this weekend, and I recieved a great response. I thought I'd post it here to provide a forum for folks to respond in greater length than what is possible on facebook.

These reasons are, of course, meant to be humorous. But they reveal flaws in reasons Christians give for why women shouldn't be pastors or priests.

Ten Reasons Men Should Not be Ordained Pastors

10. A man’s place is in the army.

9. For men who have children, their duties might distract them from the responsibilities of being a parent.

8. Their physical build indicates that men are more suited to tasks such as chopping down trees and wrestling mountain lions. It would be “unnatural” for them to do other forms of work.

7. Man was created before woman. It is therefore obvious that man was a prototype. Thus, they represent an experiment, rather than the crowning achievement of creation.

6. Men are too emotional to be priests or pastors. This is easily demonstrated by their conduct at football games

5. Some men are handsome; they will distract women worshipers.

4. To be ordained pastor is to nurture the congregation. But this is not a traditional male role. Rather, throughout history, women have been considered to be not only more skilled than men at nurturing, but also more frequently attracted to it. This makes them the obvious choice for ordination.

3. Men are overly prone to violence. No really manly man wants to settle disputes by any means other than by fighting about it. Thus, they would be poor role models, as well as being dangerously unstable in positions of leadership.

2. Men can still be involved in church activities, even without being ordained. They can sweep paths, repair the church roof, change the oil in the church vans, and maybe even lead the singing on Father’s Day. By confining themselves to such traditional male roles, they can still be vitally important in the life of the Church.

1. In the New Testament account, the person who betrayed Jesus was a man. Thus, his lack of faith and ensuing punishment stands as a symbol of the subordinated position that all men should take.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Men Should Not Be Ordained Pastors by deebrain(m): 3:09am On Sep 12, 2014
I envy this level of a confused mind.

And many feel its not yet time for them to seek deliverance.

okay O! Na here we dey.

(1) (Reply)

Don't Defile Yourself! / . / Genesis Account Of Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.