Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,793 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 AM

Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. (2649 Views)

6 Important Vehicle Documents Police, FRSC & VIO Will Always Ask You / 8 Important Documents You Should Have As A Nigerian / How Do You React When Computer Centre Spoil Your PAPER On Laminating Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 12, 2014
While laminating my original waec result a bystander told me to stop laminating my certificates. Said some embassies wont take anything laminated from you incase you wanna travel out. Since then, I stopped laminating any of my documents.
Again, I remember a lady during my NySC. She laminated her call up letter and was turned back from registering into camp that day. You know they run the letter through one machine like that, to check its authenticity and the reg officer said he can't confirm it with the lamination.

Just recently, I faced an interview panel and the Manager advised me to go laminate all my documents. Said he had traveled the whole world and haven't heard laminated document are rejected.

Need your take on this.
Your input will help someone out there.
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by chinex276(m): 7:30am On Sep 12, 2014
Me i laminate everything oo, even my ATM card is laminated

b4 i 4get... NA ME BE FIRST 2 COMMENT (F2C)
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:42am On Sep 12, 2014
In this 21st century they are still putting documents in machinies to test its autencity? I can't leave important documents without lamenting. They should find another way of confirming the authenticity, maybe by using QR code. The QR code is way better, it is used for National identity card.
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by blank(f): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2014
Abeg, do not laminate again. I stopped laminating at my WAEC. I haven't laminated anything else. What does the manager want with laminated certificate? Is he hanging it in his house? He should write to the original schools and get info on whether they are real or not.

When you get married at the registry, they will tell u not to laminate your wedding certificate cos embassies will not accept it. Also, when you register a baby's birth with NPC (located in local govts) they will tell u not to laminate.
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 13, 2014
^^ I guess am right on track then.
Thanks for your input.
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2014
I wonder why embassies don't accept laminated documents.

Well, na naija we dey, everything is possible.
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 13, 2014
Idrismusty97: In this 21st century they are still putting documents in machinies to test its autencity? I can't leave important documents without lamenting. They should find another way of confirming the authenticity, maybe by using QR code. The QR code is way better, it is used for National identity card.
They may have their reasons.
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Austindark(m): 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
the whole issue tire me o
maybe we need a press briefing on it
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 13, 2014
Lol
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
chidyhels:
While laminating my original waec result a bystander told me to stop laminating my certificates. Said some embassies wont take anything laminated from you incase you wanna travel out. Since then, I stopped laminating any of my documents.
Again, I remember a lady during my NySC. She laminated her call up letter and was turned back from registering into camp that day. You know they run the letter through one machine like that, to check its authenticity and the reg officer said he can't confirm it with the lamination.

Just recently, I faced an interview panel and the Manager advised me to go laminate all my documents. Said he had traveled the whole world and haven't heard laminated document are rejected.

Need your take on this.
smiley
Re: Laminating Important Documents And Certificates. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
chidyhels:

Need your take on this.

(1) (Reply)

These Are Pictures Of Professor Ighalo's #58 Million Ticket / Lagos Personalities At The Opening Of The Shitta Mosque- Lagos, 1894 / See The Funny Response EFCC Gave To A Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.