Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Before Its Too Late: My Take On Ebola And Our Government - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Before Its Too Late: My Take On Ebola And Our Government (401 Views)

Nigeria Contains Ebola – And US Officials Want To Know More / 9jaflave Soliloquy - Ebola: And Let Us Not Forget Nurse Justina Ejelonu / Opinion: Ebola And Bokoharam, We Are Really Living At The Mercy Of God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before Its Too Late: My Take On Ebola And Our Government by ogbenicodes(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2014
Wouldn't bore you with story, Ebola came to Nigeria July 25(6 weeks) by the American Liberian; Patrick Sawyer, 40years of age. And since then it is obvious our government lacks the competence to deal with it.
A country that knows how its medical facilities are/is, ought to have done these following things since the outbreak:
1. Temporary Closure of all public meeting places; church, Rallies, Supermarkets, 'SCHOOLS'- Main reason for this post.
Since EBOLA can be transferred mere contact(once the virus touches the reddish part of the human skin) and the curbing it would means reduction in public gatherings. Primary and Secondary student are prone to spread the virus speedily than adults, so then the government asked all schools to shut down till further notice, then quickly reversed its decision that they should resume October 13, the issue of school shutting down should have been part of the first steps taken by the government since the outbreak, but what do we have weeks after was when they deemed it fit to temporarily close down Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools.
Let's assume the temporary shut down was delayed due to some issues, why are they about to Open it?, despite knowing how "EVD" would spread once it gets to kids? Why the irrational withdrawal of the said date? I really do want to believe our Government is on top of the situation like they claim, and not giving unnecessary hope when we know there isn't.

Its a good thing teachers are kicking against the resumption of schools... If not!

Let's kick against the resumption of SCHOOLS for our own and family sake

Signed: Ogbenicodes.

(1) (Reply)

Lome Planet Needs You / Boko Haram Agrees To Release 219 Chibok Girls. / Facts You Need To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.