Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

..... - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ..... (6085 Views)

Sickle Cell Patients: Let's Share Our Wonderful Experience / Nigeria Has The Highest Sickle Cell Patients In The World! / Marriage And The Sickle Cell Genotype Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ..... by MarshRiley(m): 1:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
A cousin of mine that stayed with us was also an SS patient and I think you should follow some procedures mentioned to me in shika whenever I tke him there
1.Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables...A LOT
2.Avoid cold,don't expose yourself to cold
3.No junks....eat good and healthy food
4.Avoid extreme weathers(hot/cold)
5.Believe you'll survive it
6.Always have folic acid everyday atleats once a day
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2014
MarshRiley: A cousin of mine that stayed with us was also an SS patient and I think you should follow some procedures mentioned to me in shika whenever I tke him there

I am guilty of No2 and 3 and 4
Re: ..... by MizMyColi(f): 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
angry
Ymodulus:

Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2014
MizMyColi: angry

Sorry

MarshRiley: A cousin of mine that stayed with us was also an SS patient and I think you should follow some procedures mentioned to me in shika whenever I tke him there

Will change
Re: ..... by MarshRiley(m): 2:33pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ymodulus:

Try and adhere to them kaji ko?
Re: ..... by Coldplay007(f): 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ymodulus:

I just realized why you said you are an atheist, I understand, I don't agree With you..
Just know God is not wicked, He has a reason for all He allows to happen...
Be strong....
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 8:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Coldplay007:

I just realized why you said you are an atheist, I understand, I don't agree With you..
Just know God is not wicked, He has a reason for all He allows to happen...
Be strong....
it goes beyond that sis.

Beside thanks. i will be strong
Re: ..... by Galaxyroyp(m): 11:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
I will call my man on dis. There must be a chinese product 4 dis. I wil update u later
Re: ..... by Perpetual459: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2014
@Ymodulus,pls get an experienced doctor in sickle cell disease,don't just take any drug without prescription cos it has side effect at times,I am talking from experience.but why shld intelligent ymodulus be an SS?well God understand and He will take care of u.
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Perpetual459: @Ymodulus,pls get an experienced doctor in sickle cell disease,don't just take any drug without prescription cos it has side effect at times,I am talking from experience.but why shld intelligent ymodulus be an SS?well God understand and He will take care of u.

Thanks. Hmmmm @God.
Re: ..... by Idowuogbo(f): 6:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Hey Ymodulus,are you feeling ok now? I think i know a couple of warriors on here that can help.

Cc
Abali1
Blink182
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 6:51pm On Dec 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:
Hey Ymodulus,are you feeling ok now? I think i know a couple of warriors on here that can help.

Cc
Abali1
Blink182

Thanks ma, am feeling ok now. Not too strong and not too weak. Thank you once more ma. And i read Abali1 storie about his son, even as i would love to hide it, i was happy; as the story was encouraging.
Re: ..... by Idowuogbo(f): 6:58pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ymodulus:

Thanks ma, am feeling ok now. Not too strong and not too weak. Thank you once more ma. And i read Abali1 storie about his son, even as i would love to hide it, i was happy; as the story was encouraging.
Awwwww....you welcome bro!

@bolded,pleased to hear this. Once there is life, there is hope. Stay safe and make sure you are using your drugs. smiley

1 Like

Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 7:03pm On Dec 31, 2014
Idowuogbo:

Awwwww....you welcome bro!

@bolded,pleased to hear this. Once there is life, there is hope. Stay safe and make sure you are using your drugs. smiley
Thanks ma. Definitely will heed to instructions. " Experience they say is the best teacher "

1 Like

Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ymodulus:
Hi all,

Ok I will be brief please I need your suggestion on any good drugs you can recommend to calm down pains during crisis.

The following drugs do not work

1.antimalaria prophylaxis
2.Cataflam,novalgin
3. Hydeaxyea

Please i do not want Herbal Drugs. I will appreciate if anyone can quickly name one. Thank you. And please give me a way it won't be too expensive...
I came here because Iduwuogbo mentioned me but if you have a bias there's really little I can do. I will not recommend an addictive palliative to you when you do not seem sincere to solve your health challenge from its cause
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 8:08pm On Dec 31, 2014
blink182:
I came here because Iduwuogbo mentioned me but if you have a bias there's really little I can do. I will not recommend an addictive palliative to you when you do not seem sincere to solve your health challenge from its cause
I get you. But one develops a bias when he notice after a while some drugs seems ineffective. However sir, now i take issues of my health seriously and am getting better sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ..... by Funjosh(m): 8:27pm On Dec 31, 2014
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Ymodulus:

Since I was Young.

Treatment: not really just drinking one drug or the other. Some times they work and after some times they re no longer effective.

Breathing Problem: Yes. But I must add that am asthmatic too.
Cold not really have been under the fan since morning

Please do you have any drug you can recommend? Please do not take this as a rude request but if you can be fast n replying I will appreciate. As today is Saturday and tomorrow most shops are closed. Thanks
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 31, 2014
Ymodulus:

I get you. But one develops a bias when he notice after a while some drugs seems ineffective. However sir, now i take issues of my health seriously and am getting better sir.
Go get Cellod-S, it is not a palliative medicine neither will it change your genotype but you will surely be able to live a far healthier life and yes it is herbal but it like none you have ever seen. visit their website and draw your own conclusion. www.ormedsupremeoption.com
Re: ..... by Abali1(m): 6:20am On Jan 12, 2015
I am just seeing this thread now. I hope the OP, got a lot of useful advice.
Thanks to all those that has helped the OP. I am more pleased that other Warriors are coming out to speak and seek help. We can only win this battle, by creating a lot of awareness.

1 Like

Re: ..... by Oluwagrace1(f): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
I'm just seeing dis thread now, and I'm sure u're ok. Please don't u never feel ashamed of urself at any point. Pay a greater attention to ur health, take d daily routine drugs regularly, eat a lot of vegetables and fruits, don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, do what you can only do (don't overdo). Pls b4 using any pain killer drug, eat enough food so that u don't come down with stomach ulcer. Above all always pray. All is well
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 27, 2015
Abali1:
I am just seeing this thread now. I hope the OP, got a lot of useful advice.
Thanks to all those that has helped the OP. I am more pleased that other Warriors are coming out to speak and seek help. We can only win this battle, by creating a lot of awareness.
mr abali...long time....

@op....

the little secrete to my heathy life style is this....

i take my folic acid.....in the morning and at nyt...

i always take malt mixed withe tin tomatoes in the afternoon....5 times in two weeks....

i eat good food..my dad and mum thought me on how to cook....and as it stands...i am a good cook...

i cook my food...and i must eat what contains beans...or i eat beans twice a week....

and i must take in POMP KIN LEAF.(locally known as ugwu leaf..)

i hardly take in lacasera or coke drink..or any of those junk nonsense... its viju milk i drink most in place of all that....

and i do some exercise...once in 3days...i mean betta gym oo....(this may not apply to every sickle cell patients)....

bath with hot water on a cold day...or whenever you think you are cold....dont joke with this one....it helps your veins for a better flow of blood....

abstain from cold drinks....and cold water(if u must drink anytin cold...should be little bit different from cold being cold...if u know what i mean)...

drink water at least 10-15 glasses a day...(too much huh??)...nah...never too much for an SCD PATIENTS.....know y??it helps flow of blood freely even when your vein is weak.....and it reduces pains that do occur at the joint area...

never get dehydrated before taking water ....NEVER!!!

above all..be sensitive...never stress yourself...NEVER...(but e nor apply to me shall..cos i be jaki...i work pass normal person self...lols)...

i do all these things listed above....TWO YEARS RUNNING....never visited any HOSPITAL or running helter scatter...cos of crises...cos i abide by the rules..

though i take herbal stuff shal...once in a while....(its called KAEL..in english...but we nigerians knows it as HOSPITAL TOO FAR..lols..)...i mixed it with malt..and drinks it...the odour na die sha...but we nor get choice...THINGS WE DO AS SICKLES...

CHECK MY PROFILE PICS....you will see am healthy...and dont look like an SCD PATIENT....

ymodulus...always be vigilant and know ur limits...

thanks....p.darlins

3 Likes

Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 30, 2015
@Patrick, i love all your tips. Will want to keep to most, especially the folic acid part(once daily).
I didn't see your d.p

Ymodulus, i feel for you, man. Pls you have to ditch junk food and adopt a healthier diet, pls. May God help us all.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
Chi59:
@Patrick, i love all your tips. Will want to keep to most, especially the folic acid part(once daily).
I didn't see your d.p

Ymodulus, i feel for you, man. Pls you have to ditch junk food and adopt a healthier diet, pls. May God help us all.
oya ...check again...its dere now!!!...dont miss that folic acid ooo....if u miss am....nor allow am miss u....

lols
Re: ..... by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2015
diclorofenac ll du d majik
Re: ..... by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jan 30, 2015
patrickdarlins:
oya ...check again...its dere now!!!...dont miss that folic acid ooo....if u miss am....nor allow am miss u....

lols
Yea, i've seen it. As for folic acid, i'l try
Re: ..... by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
Chi59:

Yea, i've seen it. As for folic acid, i'l try
cool
Re: ..... by espn(m): 8:28am On Jan 31, 2015
Ymodulus:
Hi all,

Ok I will be brief please I need your suggestion on any good drugs you can recommend to calm down pains during crisis.

The following drugs do not work

1.antimalaria prophylaxis
2.Cataflam,novalgin
3. Hydeaxyea

Please i do not want Herbal Drugs. I will appreciate if anyone can quickly name one. Thank you. And please give me a way it won't be too expensive...
send me a pm
Re: ..... by DMLords: 3:13am On Jul 03, 2016
Ymodulus:
Pleas eeven if its a Temporary pain Killer. As long as it can relieve pain for me to be up and working. And I can take it always I am ok.

Please any one help thanks

My boss, I just saw this thread of yours when I Googled sickle cell.

I am also a stickler and I would recommend DF118 in case you haven't found a good pain killer yet?

How do you do this? You are so active so much so that I never thought you could be facing the things I face.

pal up??

1 Like

Re: ..... by Funjosh(m): 6:39am On Jul 03, 2016
DMLords:

My boss, I just saw this thread of yours when I Googled sickle cell.

I am also a stickler and I would recommend DF118 in case you haven't found a good pain killer yet?

How do you do this? You are so active so much so that I never thought you could be facing the things I face.

pal up??

Please i have this niece she is currently having serious pains on her left leg. It's a pain that I don't like seeing her having most painkiller she do use doesn't work.

Cc Ymodulus
Re: ..... by DMLords: 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
Funjosh:

Please i have this niece she is currently having serious pains on her left leg. It's a pain that I don't like seeing her having most painkiller she do use doesn't work.

Cc Ymodulus

Bros, you have got to be specific: what kind of pain is it? Is it prickly or burning? is it swollen or not? Does the pain comes from her bones or just from the muscles? Does she have an open wound or not.

your answers will determine what drug she needs but here is a general guide:
- Diclofenac is good for musco-skeletal pains
- DF118 is hood for general crisis and travelling pains
- if the above don't work, a regulated dosage of tramadol could serve
- More sever pains will require fortwin injection. Note that this injection is very addictive so you need to regulate it for her.
- For extreme cases like a fracture or oesteo milletus morphin is good although for twin could still serve.

Sometimes, I smoke Cannabis for pain relieve. you should never encourage anybody to do that though but if the situation warrants, boil some for her on her sleepless nights and watch the magic.

DISCLAMER:
all the substances mentioned here are medicines with contra indications and side effect. be sure to check.

I have used them all and they work for different crisis but I am not making g promised to their efficiency in your case. as such I cannot be held liable for use, misuse and abuse of the substances mentioned herein!

Boss, the disclaimer was necessary in my line of work!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ..... by Gifty60(f): 10:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
The human bodies are made up of trillions of cells, this is what helps us fight diseases and keeps us alive. In our cells are different molecules one of which is glutathione, glutathanione is what cleans and builds our cells,and God has put it there naturally to do this job. When we were born we came with 100% glutathione but as time goes on from the ages of 20 the glutathione in our bodies starts to reduce this is due to stress,our environment, the things we put in our mouth and so on, this things make the glutathione in our cells to become altered or depleted at this point different diseases gain their way to our cells and when our cells are attacked that means we have become sick. In recent times a US medical researche scientist who has given his life to finding how to increase the glutathione in our bodies, finally came up with this new medical break through technology that helps the body to heal itself. The supplement contains riboceine and ribocine solves the problem of how to increase glutathione levels by providing cysteine, a fragile amino acid necessary for our cells to produce glutathione in a patented formular that can be absorbed through the digestive system. It is very possible for us to healthy again with high level of glutathione present in our cells. For more info on how to get the supplement pls contact or WhatsApp 08161874734

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nurse Sanctioned For Wearing Revealing Outfit While Treating COVID-19 Patients / The Effect Of Malt Beverages On Blood Pressure / 15 World Richest Doctors - Pictures ****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.