Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle (734 Views)

Nigerian Army Releases Résumé Of The New Chief Of Army Staff / The Abubakar Shekau Captured And Killed In Konduga (VIDEO) / Nigerian Soldiers Repel Attack On Konduga, Kill Scores Of Islamist Insurgents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by saaedlee: 7:48pm On Sep 13, 2014
The Nigerian army in a response to the demands of some Nigerians agitation for evidence to support it claims of defeating the terrorists who attempted to seize Konduga on Friday, has released some images from the battlefield.
The military explained that the images were released as part of efforts to convince Nigerians that the military is capable and ready to protect the citizens. It said some pictures that could offend the senses of the public were deliberately not added, Sahara Reporters said.

It would be recalled that Nigerian military troops on Friday reportedly engaged in about three hours fierce gunfight with over 100 insurgents, and eventually forced them to retreat. It was reported that the terrorist group also suffered a lot of casualties and weapons during the gun battle.

According to a statement issued by Col. Timothy Antigha of the Nigerian Army Public Relations Directorate, items recovered include three Hilux vans and one Buffalo vehicles with mounted Anti-aircraft guns, three General Purpose Machine guns, over 30 AK 47 rifles and two global positioning systems.

Col. Antigha also revealed that some Nigerian soldiers sustained bullet wounds during the battle, while the area is still being search for terrorists who might have escaped with bullet wounds. He assured that the morale of the soldiers remains very high.

Meawhile, Kondoga, has reportedly witnessed numerous attacks from terrorists in the past, a development which compelled several residence to relocate to Maiduguri, Borno State capital and Yobe State.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
wow. serious
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by lyntiffany(f): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2014
In Spartacus wife's voice " kill them all " embarassed
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by bbello28(m): 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2014
zeemahn: wow. serious
abi ooo grin
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by bbello28(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
lyntiffany: In Spartacus wife's voice " kill them all " embarassed
undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by chinex276(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2014
The lord is with u, our heroes, i pray ur Labour shall never be in vain, u shall write ur names in gold, not our good 4 nothing leaders who sit with their fat tummy nd loot money.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by saaedlee: 8:02pm On Sep 13, 2014
I would like to use that useless flag to wipe my dog's poo. NA pls send it !!!
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2014
I just pray NA sustains this momentum of operation, don't give them any space to regroup.
Re: Nigerian Army Releases Photos From Konduga Battle by nke001: 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
I know for sure that BH can never defeat NA.

Only via politics and of course the media!

Thumbs Up to our Gallant Soldiers.

(1) (Reply)

Woman Arrested For Stripping Friend Naked In Public. / O Lawd Of Messi, I Am Being Stalked.. / The Most Mysterious House U Have Ever Lived In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.