Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Nissan Sunny Brake Failure - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Sunny Brake Failure (1126 Views)

How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ? / Brake Failure While Driving: What Should Drivers Do? / Pictures: Failed Brake Causes Fatal Accident In Abuja (at Viewers' Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by in1960: 9:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
Goodday house. Please who knows what is wrong with my Nissan Sunny car 1.4. The brake keeps failing me. I have to pump it like 4 - 6 times before it will catch. I have change the brake pad and the brake disc still not solved. Thanks.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Lexusgs430: 9:42pm On Sep 13, 2014
Have you checked the Brake servo?
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by in1960: 9:55pm On Sep 13, 2014
@Lexusgs430. No. I will check that. Plz where do I check the brake servo and how does it work. Thanks a lot.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by in1960: 10:00pm On Sep 13, 2014
Someone told me its the master brake. That they need to re-kit it.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by abatically(m): 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2014
in1960: Someone told me its the master brake. That they need to re-kit it.

Check the master break and servo
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Lexusgs430: 10:30pm On Sep 13, 2014
in1960: @Lexusgs430. No. I will check that. Plz where do I check the brake servo and how does it work. Thanks a lot.

An exterior inspection will not reveal much, a competent mechanic would have to physically inspect it.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by in1960: 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks verry much.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by in1960: 11:04pm On Sep 13, 2014
Plz the brake servo and the master brake like how much will it cost me? Let mechanic not open another office on my head. My location is abuja. I have spent a lot where a mechanic is doin guess work on the brake issue
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by DECOtech(m): 12:43am On Sep 14, 2014
in1960: Plz the brake servo and the master brake like how much will it cost me? Let mechanic not open another office on my head. My location is abuja. I have spent a lot where a mechanic is doin guess work on the brake issue
if ur brake pedal doesn't get stiff/hard under ur foot, then leave the servo and first re-kit the brake-master. Shld cost you not more than 2k (kit/labour). If it doesn't work, you wld have to find urself a new brake-master which shld be abt 3k or a little more above that (abj been the place it is). Get ur mechanic to check and drain any fluids inside the servo before coupling the brake-master. Wish you best of luck.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 14, 2014
in1960: Goodday house. Please who knows what is wrong with my Nissan Sunny car 1.4. The brake keeps failing me. I have to pump it like 4 - 6 times before it will catch. I have change the brake pad and the brake disc still not solved. Thanks.

Here's the clue.

If you do not need to keep adding fluid to the reservoir then 1 of only 2 things is the solution.

1) Air in the system. Follow the proper sequence to properly bleed the system.

2) Test and replace (if necessary) the master cylinder.

I said replace because that is what I do. It is possible to rebuild them but we don't do rebuilds anymore unless on classic cars. You can get a rebuilt or new master cylinder cheaper than you can spend rebuilding the old now. Besides how will you spec the delicate bores to make sure that it is still within specs?

This is an easy job and you shouldn't be out of money unnecessarily.

Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 14, 2014
in1960: Plz the brake servo and the master brake like how much will it cost me? Let mechanic not open another office on my head. My location is abuja. I have spent a lot where a mechanic is doin guess work on the brake issue

This has nothing to do with the servo.

All the servo does is use vacuum pressure to assist you in pressing the brakes. Just like a power steering.

If your servo is bad then your brake pedal will be extremely hard (just like if you didn't have the engine on).

Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 14, 2014
Lexusgs430:

An exterior inspection will not reveal much, a competent mechanic would have to physically inspect it.

There are actually sweep holes on some master cylinders. An external tell tale sign would be hydraulic fluid around the master cylinder area.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Lexusgs430: 7:49am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

There are actually sweep holes on some master cylinders. An external tell tale sign would be hydraulic fluid around the master cylinder area.

Post - Discovery of any fluids, the attention of a competent mechanic would still be required?
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 14, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Post - Discovery of any fluids, the attention of a competent mechanic would still be required?

Yes but he won't be going around in circles.

Fluid seeping from master cylinder = bad ms and nothing to do with servos.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Lexusgs430: 8:08am On Sep 14, 2014
CityNG:

Yes but he won't be going around in circles.

Fluid seeping from master cylinder = bad ms and nothing to do with servos.

A question is asked, contributors chip in suspect areas, OP can be guided. Any reasonable solution cannot be a wasted effort !!!
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2014
Lexusgs430:

A question is asked, contributors chip in suspect areas, OP can be guided. Any reasonable solution cannot be a wasted effort !!!

Exactly.

So what's the angst?
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by in1960: 12:22pm On Sep 14, 2014
Thanks to you all. God bless.
Re: Nissan Sunny Brake Failure by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:42pm On Sep 14, 2014
in1960: Thanks to you all. God bless.

like someone said start by simply bleeding the four wheels one by one

if it fails then you test the other parts mentioned

(1) (Reply)

The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer / Mercedes Partners Lufthansa On Building Private Jet / Aston Martin Unveils A Brand New James Bond Car. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.