Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Wind Turbines Has Come To Take Over From Phcn - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Wind Turbines Has Come To Take Over From Phcn (797 Views)

Get Portable Reliable Power When You Need It -freedom From PHCN / Nigerians Are Switching From Phcn To Inverter & Solar Panel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wind Turbines Has Come To Take Over From Phcn by tci(m): 4:48pm On Oct 31, 2008
with as low as 650000 you can get a wind turbine plant that can carry you 24-7. more info?? contact, tobore imarah on tcimarah@yahoo.com or call 07036563250, 0057339496 or 08025442884
Re: Wind Turbines Has Come To Take Over From Phcn by tomiade1(m): 9:08pm On Nov 01, 2008
wind turbine?? and where would it be placed, plus where is the wind coming from, i dont think that would work in nigeria, it should be in places where heavy winds are located,
Re: Wind Turbines Has Come To Take Over From Phcn by Afam(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2008
tomi_ade:

wind turbine?? and where would it be placed, plus where is the wind coming from, i don't think that would work in nigeria, it should be in places where heavy winds are located,

It can work in Nigeria, in fact there is nothing stopping it from working in Nigeria.

All you need is money to buy, install and enough clearance both horizontal and vertical to avoid turbulence.

The wind turbine don't need too much wind, it is not like fan. The higher the position the better for those living in low land areas.
Re: Wind Turbines Has Come To Take Over From Phcn by HC: 3:19pm On Nov 03, 2008
Nice idea one there. A few years ago, i got in contact with some companies abroad that provide alternative energy to partner with them in doing business in Nigeria. Unfortuntely, the responses i got from people i contacted here in Nigeria were not positive; the whole idea just died like that.

I think it will work in Nigeria, just depends on location, cause the turbine need some high speed to work, except the ones that were being developed in Asia some years back; the turbines were made to be as light as a cieling fan blade.
Re: Wind Turbines Has Come To Take Over From Phcn by Afam(m): 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2008
HC:

I think it will work in Nigeria, just depends on location, cause the turbine need some high speed to work, except the ones that were being developed in Asia some years back; the turbines were made to be as light as a cieling fan blade.

Turbines don't need high speed to work. There are design issues that make high speed even unnecessary and unsafe for generating electricity.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Any Of These Items To Sell? / Brand New Laptop Hp Pavillion Dv-5-1170e / Laptop Repair & Training Centre,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.