Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,757 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) (2892 Views)

Zeus Shedding Coat / Russia Sends France Puppy After Police Dog Dies In Paris - NY Daily News / Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by irokoteam1: 4:43am On Sep 14, 2014
The World’s tallest dog has died just days before his 6th birthday. Zeus was 3ft 6 inches tall at the shoulder and when he stood on his back legs was an incredible 7ft 4in high. He weighed 11 stone.

The giant Great Dane, who was named the world’s tallest living dog in the 2012 Guinness World Records, died on September 3rd. He lived in Michigan, US, with his owners before his passing.

STATEMENT FROM GUINESS WORLD RECORD OFFICE...

¨Sad news has reached the Guinness World Records offices, with confirmation that Zeus, the record holder for the world's tallest dog, had passed away at the age of 5.

Measuring an incredible 111.8 cm (44 in) from foot to withers, the Great Dane from Otsego, Michigan, USA was the same size as an average donkey.

Standing on hind legs, he stretched to 7 ft 4 in and towered over his owners Kevin and Denise Doorlag.

The huge hound weighed 70.3 kg (155 pounds or 11 stone) and would eat around 12 cups of food a day (equivalent to one whole 30-lb bag of food).

Zeus, who was set to celebrate his sixth birthday in November, is said to have died last week from symptoms of old age (the average lifespan for the breed is just six to eight years).¨

FULL STORY HERE.. http://www./2014/09/zeus-worlds-tallest-dog-dies-just.html

Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by purplesummer(f): 4:58am On Sep 14, 2014
Eyaa cry
Poseidon should replace him

4 Likes

Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by ahmbal(m): 5:10am On Sep 14, 2014
Hmmhmm
Wats so special abt dat
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by pendusky(m): 5:21am On Sep 14, 2014
eeeya... Ndooo

BTW: Why telling us it was tall when we have a taller dog in my village ? I decided to called the Dog Sagamite cheesy
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by echobee(f): 5:24am On Sep 14, 2014
Rest in peace. cry. We luv u.
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Mimisboygreat: 5:35am On Sep 14, 2014
But I love you pass grin
echobee: Rest in peace. cry. We luv u.
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by echobee(f): 5:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Mimisboygreat: But I love you pass grin
who? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Mimisboygreat: 5:38am On Sep 14, 2014
echobee:
who? shocked shocked shocked shocked
hehehe.. You nh
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by echobee(f): 5:38am On Sep 14, 2014
Mimisboygreat: hehehe.. You nh
Lailai shocked shocked shocked
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Mimisboygreat: 5:46am On Sep 14, 2014
echobee:
Lailai shocked shocked shocked
chai!! Why nh? Na true oo undecided
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by echobee(f): 5:51am On Sep 14, 2014
Mimisboygreat: chai!! Why nh? Na true oo undecided
this early sunday momo,u re toasting me? undecided am married to jesus, mimisboygreat leave me alone tongue
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Burger01(m): 6:20am On Sep 14, 2014
RIP Zeus sad
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Mskrisx(f): 6:23am On Sep 14, 2014
cheesy oyinbo n pets sef
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Drphemmy4u: 6:23am On Sep 14, 2014
The Dog looks unhealthy though.

1 Like

Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by ChiSun27(m): 6:35am On Sep 14, 2014
So all those money spent on Zeus is just for maximum of 8 yrs? Zeus even tried for the family for kaputing at age 5 since the specie don't have a long life span.

Oyibo people get time sha ooooo.... Them sabi train stuffs eeeehhhhh!!!!!
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by hatux: 6:41am On Sep 14, 2014
Eiiiyahhhhh shocked angry
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by nickz(m): 6:41am On Sep 14, 2014
purplesummer: Eyaa cry
gringringrin lmao
you reason like the godsgrin
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Mimisboygreat: 6:54am On Sep 14, 2014
echobee:
this early sunday momo,u re toasting me? undecided am married to jesus, mimisboygreat leave me alone tongue
hehehehe.... Chai!! E no gud if u reject me o..
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 14, 2014
taller dogs are on this site. angry
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by G12(m): 7:37am On Sep 14, 2014
Ugly dog
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 14, 2014
Is this a dog,or camel?
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by Ruq: 8:12am On Sep 14, 2014
This is fuckin stale.

1 Like

Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by gulfer: 8:26am On Sep 14, 2014
Story for the gods, he has gone to meet with the gods.
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by icemania: 9:22am On Sep 14, 2014
. Hades has my vote to replace him. grin
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by purplesummer(f): 10:31am On Sep 14, 2014
nickz: gringringrin lmao
you reason like the godsgrin
grin grin
icemania: . Hades has my vote to replace him. grin
Hades? shocked the dog would embark on a killing spree to populate the underworld angry
Poseidon has my vote wink
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by ninovandross(m): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2014
or kratos
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by polarman(m): 6:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy This man must have lived in ancient Greek days..... wink
Re: SAD NEWS! Zeus The World’s Tallest Dog Dies Just Before His 6th Birthday (PHOTO) by destante(f): 2:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
shocked Gosh, this is a tall scary dog.

(1) (Reply)

Top Quality Boerboel Puppies Ready For New Homes. / 2-part Dog Cage For Sale, Very Affordable / White Rat, Albino Rat Or Laboratory Rat For Sale (use For Experiments)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.