Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

How To Identify Scams When Searching For Jobs Online In Nigeria. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Identify Scams When Searching For Jobs Online In Nigeria. (510 Views)

Will This Affect Me When Searching For A Job? / 20 Things To Observe When Searching For Job / how To Keep Your Spirit High When Searching For Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify Scams When Searching For Jobs Online In Nigeria. by DeYizY(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2014
As easy as it is to get jobs online that's how easy it is to get duped or deceived by people who want lure you into other business you might not be interested in. We have also heard of supposed job interviews used as an avenue for ritual killings and other stuffs like that. Knowing that job seekers are desperate,these scammers take advantage of the job seekers and ask for all sorts of things. From what I hear most of them are using jobberman,now don't get me wrong I've gotten like two jobs on jobberman and they were not scams,so not all jobs on jobberman are scams.*settled*.
So I tried to ask people who have fallen victims of these scams,they told me some of the ways to identify scams.
How To Identify Them
1.They invite you to interviews in unknown places or places not too popular. The screen shot below explains further.
2.They ask for airtime money or other resources to "Process" your application.
. 3.They also sometime ask you for personal information and may ask for your passwords and other delicate information.
Hope these are enough to keep you safe from scammers. If you get any job invitation that you are too sure of don't hesitate to ask me.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For A CONTENT MARKETING EXECUTIVE / Great Marketers Wanted / Pls I Need Info Abt Dis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.