Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Boat Driver Commando - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Boat Driver Commando (538 Views)

Dangerous Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boat Driver Commando by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
degoke623,ADDUKY, Kingphilip,divepen, Lanicky,
Toykathy, chariepet, Jeffrey James, Xtarxyne, Ice4jez,
bawelat, Diamonddamsel, epathra, demgirls,
Oluchikeh, tosinmoxy, Cpblessed, gracile,
Akejujoe, pwettyolly, miss universe, Iolite, Ethel307,
Jjrhymez, Gudsyd, joizy, winninght,ashtonpicky245,
teecute, eniodun26, Temmytayo20,
zeb04, Sweetcarrot, princessusan,Dammygoody,
Aytuns,
Bertadayz, Hoyhebhukhunmy, Pammusphy,
Ohibenemma,
Kingphilip, PrinceAdepoju,
Emanuel1997,
Smithsammy,JesusPrince, Study4christ,
Man4LordJesus,Chimez4christ

encourage a brother and comment.

Episode One

I continued flipping the pages of a collection of Agatha Christie novels. My eyes spotting the numbers on the pages of the voluminous book before they were replaced with another as i searched for where i last read it to. I stopped on reaching page 124 and prepared to digest the text with relish. Before i could start reading, the door of my office flung open revealing a familiar face. It was one of my fellow workers, beside him was a lady, from what i could see, she looked gorgeous.

I brought down my legs from the stool underneath my table and pushed the book aside before wondering why i would have a visitor at this time of the day. I looked outside my glass window and saw stars twinkling in the dark of night, i shouldn't even be in the office at this time except that i had to wait out my shift.

David the worker at the door was the last driver to transport passengers across the Forcados on one of the cruisers and maybe it was my turn. I bit my lips hard, most of the other times, there wasn't any passengers in the night so the night shift was considered the best shift, not anymore i thought.

"She wan do journey" said David in his pidgin accent, a wicked smile crossed his face as he said it. It was a dangerous job going about in a luxury boat in the creeks at night. I decided to try if i could put the lady off.

"Please can you come tomorrow morning". I said bossily picking up my novel to read in an effort to make her go, it was working then David retaliated.

"Say wetin?, tomorrow morning na ma shift o!"

I ran my eyes at the lady scanning her as if she was some trashbag in anger. She had really long black hair that rested on her shoulders and wore a tight blouse along with a jacket. My heart melted away as our eyes met, she smiled knowing she had just worked her magic on me.

Never lock eyes with a lady again, i thought warning myself.

She told me she wanted to go to one of the islands in the delta showing me a map. I set it aside as i had one of mine with all the shortcuts and safe routes, a neophyte never shows a commando the way.

She smiled knowing that i had agreed and revealed an immaculate set of teeth. I was also happy deep inside as i had never carried only a lady at night, it could be fun.

"So how much are you going to pay?" I asked nicely, David was already on his way home.

"The regular and a nice tip" She said eloquently pulling three pieces of luggage behind her as we walked out of the office. I could use a nice tip to help out a few orphaned kids I knew in the town. I took two of them and balanced them on one of my shoulders with a wide grin on my face as i showed off my strength.

"Looks like you work out" She said her brown eyes staring at my overpumped biceps with veins running along them.

"If that means going to bush and helping my mum to bring firewood" I replied jokingly before locking the office and leading the way to the pier where the boats were packed against the docking booths. She followed my lead gracefully carrying herself with an aura of excellence.

"So what do you want to do on Blacklight island that you have to go this night?" I asked before getting into the water and putting the luggage on one of the cruisers, her silver chain would chime as she walked.

"Oil exploration stuff" she said as she walked across the booth into the boat.

"That's the stuff that is ruining the delta" I said expecting her to keep silent and ignore as i got onboard and started the ignition. The boat's engine revved as it came to life.

"Exactly, but there's little that can be done as the black gold runs the world" She replied taking a seat next to mine.

The boat raced at full speed cutting through the cascade as fleeting water splashed its rear. I pressed the play button on the stereo and it began playing 'Beethoven's symphony'. She looked at me and i lowered the volume as i knew she wanted to say something. The air was calm and cool. I noticed the change of geography as we were getting close to one of the checkpoints held by the militants in the night.

"So are you just a boat driver?"

I don't know if she asked me that but it reverbrated through my mind sending me my memories of my past and how i had gotten here, i felt my body flying as i they flew right across my eyes.

The checkpoint, we were almost there.
Re: Boat Driver Commando by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
sail on mate .

1 Like

Re: Boat Driver Commando by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2014
Thanks Captain, i always like encouragement. Full speed ahead.
Re: Boat Driver Commando by PrinceAdepoju(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Nice boat you got here. You will surely make a good driver.

Sail on, bro.
And thanks for inviting me.

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help "where to download novels / When Will Imsu DE Admission Be Out? / Scribespad Featured On Linda Ikeji's Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.