Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Https://twitter.com/poojablog - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Https://twitter.com/poojablog (492 Views)

1960bet Partner Sign Up Visit Https://www.1960bet.ng/odds/registration/affiliate / Https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=705291689483120&refid=46 / Football Sportscaster- Https://www.1960bet.ng/odds/registration/affiliate40498 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Https://twitter.com/poojablog by SexyPooja1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
Jose Mourinho said just after the mauling of Swansea that, it was a fantastic performance and no excuses of the milky horses this time, at least, a prolific striker is now in the mix.

Taking the Swansea and Everton game into consideration, most of you will agree with me that “it’s only Chelsea that can stop Chelsea”. A look at some talking points in their season so far:

DIEGO COSTA IS SIMPLY A MENACE
Several debates over the years that can players from the Spanish league perform in the Premier League? – I think with his hat trick against Swansea and his season so far, arguably, we can put a rest to that debate.

Some pundits also believe Diego Costa will struggle in the Premier League but with his flawless performance so far this season (7 Goals in 4 Matches), he showed us the glimpse into the downright destructive path he's about to carve out.

His hat trick was entirely the product of being in perfect positions and overpowering defenders, something that's pretty clearly repeatable. No jaw-dropping goals from him so far but you will agree with me that none of goals came via luck but being at right position at the right time.

“Costa has surprised me. To score seven goals in four games is not normal. He cannot keep that up, but it proves we were right to wait [for Costa] and not buy last summer, or in January. The team was built, and waiting for a striker.” – Jose Mourinho

He needs Oscar, Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas to stay fit and with this, he can chase down Luis Suarez's goal total from last season.

THE DEFENSE IS STILL SHAKY
Chelsea were poor defensively, conceding three goals to Everton and on Saturday against Swansea, switched off a couple of times. It was evident in Mourinho’s tactics when he brought on Ramirez in the second half to give the back four some cover.

The only positive for Chelsea and its fans is that Mourinho does not joke with his defensive issues. He will fix it.

CESC FABREGAS – CHELSEA’S NEW TALISMAN
Jose Mourinho said at the beginning of the season that Fabregas was the missing part of his midfield last season and with another super display of passing with class from the Spaniard this weekend, Mourinho has finally got that real talisman for Chelsea.

To show his qualities and eye for passes, Cesc Fabregas broke another record of making assist in each of his last six Premier League games.

In this light, let’s see if they can continue this flawless performances against Manchester City this weekend.

Article by Sulaiman Adebayo

Follow him on Twitter - @PoojaBlog

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Striker Says He Is Not A Stubborn Players / Will Ivan Rakitic Live Upto Expectation? / I Want Man U Move-kelvin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.