Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets (13547 Views)

CBN Mulls Fresh N50 Charge On Cheque Leaflets / UN Offers To Boost Naira In Exchange For Legalization Of Abortion In Nigeria / Dangote Is Africa's First $20 Billion Man, Now 25th World Richest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by eddie1(m): 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
gatiano: I am tired of the electricity news, meeting up to different thousands of kwatts everyday. the nigerian govt to go and bleep the f up.

who gains when nigeria don't have 24 hrs light(electricity)? pls my concern brothers and sisters, don't say dangote or otedola or capital oil, those boys feed off crumps.

who will loose when nigeria has 24 hrs light? with 24 hrs light, all the nigerian billionaires will make more billions and there will be more than a thousand billion more in less than 2 years.

what is worst than not have constant light, is its fluation. it distrupt our brain functions (off and on) hundreds of times a week is bad for health, who gains from that? the nigerian health department has no infrastructure to detect the sickness caused by light fluation, let alone a remedy.

so who GAINS?

A NIGERIA with 24 hrs light will disrupt the global economy, it will turn it upside down within 2 years. who will gain and who will loose?

A NIGERIA with 24 hrs light means 24 hrs light for all black nation. who will loose.

when we address this issues, nigeria will have light without spending 20,000 naira, all it will take is sacrifice, which we are willing to pay if the bleeped up govt allows us.

Childish and wretched comment! Grow up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by gatiano(m): 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
enjoy your generator fumed compound, or you are in europe or in the us, make the place your home and children's home.
eddie1:

Childish and wretched comment! Grow up
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by eddie1(m): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
gatiano: enjoy your generator fumed compound, or you are in europe or in the us, make the place your home and children's home.

What are you saying? Go and learn how to construct a meaningful sentence, before you attempt constructing an essay. Try to be less passionate and emotional; it only gives away your level of maturity!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2014
Just had a dejavu reading this BS
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by gatiano(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
ph'd holder of another man's language, i intend to pass my msg out as best as i can, did you get it or not? if i am not passionate about the development of my father's land, what else should i be passionate of? good constructive sentences? you sound like an engineer (masters and ph.d), that sells generator and kerosene. teach the rest of us that are less constructive the benefits of 24 hours light in nigeria. Give 20 points.
eddie1:

What are you saying? Go and learn how to construct a meaningful sentence, before you attempt constructing an essay. Try to be less passionate and emotional; it only gives away your level of maturity!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by CLEARINGAGENT: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Same old stories, hmmmmm, I can only imagineeeee!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
First thing is first
Where is the missing $20 Bn? undecided
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by gatiano(m): 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
and i'll also appreciate it very much, if you would correct me when i'm wrong gramatically or otherwise.
eddie1:

Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
bro Gratianeo try emigrating to a better place. naija is finished of does not want to get better trust me! don't allow those he/she goats bother you!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by adconline(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
princemolak: I have a dream,that one day,Nigerians will have a stable supply of electricity
Even if it's 1000 years
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by samseen02(m): 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
The
government will also focus on developing
renewable energy projects to diversify its
supply of electricity, he said.
“The interest now for transmission is over
$20 billion,” he said on Sept. 12. “People are
coming from everywhere.”
Na today, abeegi!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by bigtt76(f): 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
So so talk talk no action ....na so dem eyes go begin shine when dem hear money undecided Useless pipo
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Evergreat2014(m): 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Vstuffs: must you quote me ...maybe you are the one turning it to a juvenile site

So you expect me to start writing a long epistle..and end up in page 2

Guy go learn how to do....fastest finger

Lolz!!! U guys wont kill me with laugh joooo. Lolz!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by maxit2(m): 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2014
gatiano: I should have said your daddy, nigga, but i'm not really allowed to. ask yourself if you have some initiatives, imagine, what will a nigeria with 24 hour electricity supply look like, what are the benefits? i guess you can't, you are so deeeeeeeeep in slumber. take a glimpse of that first.

lessons for your brains( i am not abusing brother). negro is a spanish word to which the word "nigga is coined" negro means a black thing (object), the spanish word for a blackman is "moreno" or a blackwoman "morena". if the person is too charcoal then "priesto, not sure".
so is your father a nigga? a something? GOD will fire your mouth if you address me as such again.
Nigga you still aint making sense. You are just a stupid arss nigga.
Nigga make some sense or die nigga. Save me the lecture of the origin of the N word. It doesn't make you smart.
You've proven your dumbness in your 1st comnent with almost 10 paragraphs n no phucking sense.

Dumb asss NIGGA
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by pablus: 12:03am On Sep 16, 2014
i got his message. English is not our first language. what if he spoke only Hausa. should he then be denied a voice? .

eddie1:

Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by pablus: 12:07am On Sep 16, 2014
one of the fears i have is that the $20B would disappear into thin air...no accountability. or maybe used to finance the elections, if they close a deal before the elections. presidential elections cost a lot of money in Naija.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Nobody: 12:32am On Sep 16, 2014
Eddie my man are you one of the people holding this country to ransom by the jugular so that it hardly breathes or one of those economically terrorizing this great country? please cut guyman gratianeo some slack! he has portrayed deeper feelings of most people that have countinually been put in gross darkness with no end in sight neither any hope of redemption! i ask again for how long? whats the gain in shouting "up NEPA down NEPA"? do you guys derive pleasure or have multiple orgasms in seeing fellow country men suffer for light? everyone is fed up! no living soul is ever happy using the noisy and smoky generators. Have a change of mind!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by persius555(m): 5:10am On Sep 16, 2014
We spend more to generate loss. The amount of money pumped into this sector since 1999 will generate and transmit more than twice of what south africa is presently producing. I spend close to a thousand naira on fuel for a business that i make less than two thousnd daily, i still fuel my gen and pay huge crazy nepa bills at home and in my business. Our poverty is some individual''s wealth in this country.God save us from corruption.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Lucasbalo(m): 5:46am On Sep 16, 2014
Cesspool of corruption and mismanagement.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by kaboninc(m): 6:00am On Sep 16, 2014
pablus: one of the fears i have is that the $20B would disappear into thin air...no accountability. or maybe used to finance the elections, if they close a deal before the elections. presidential elections cost a lot of money in Naija.

Bro I think you should read the news again.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by kaboninc(m): 6:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Aggrippa: Eddie my man are you one of the people holding this country to ransom by the jugular so that it hardly breathes or one of those economically terrorizing this great country? please cut guyman gratianeo some slack! he has portrayed deeper feelings of most people that have countinually been put in gross darkness with no end in sight neither any hope of redemption! i ask again for how long? whats the gain in shouting "up NEPA down NEPA"? do you guys derive pleasure or have multiple orgasms in seeing fellow country men suffer for light? everyone is fed up! no living soul is ever happy using the noisy and smoky generators. Have a change of mind!

If I may ask, what are the criteria or indices you as a person use in measuring growth of a particular industry as the power industry?
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by kahanma(m): 8:47am On Sep 16, 2014
Hello guys, please help a brother to pass his project. I need more visitors to this site to advance in my project please. You can also share with your friends if possible. The more visitors I get, the more chance of advancing to he next stage.
Am a final year student in business marketing studying in Russia. Please help me. Just by opening the link that's all I need. Thanks
http://atzo.visittomoney.ru/63677/5177687/
Thanks much and God bless ya all.

Forgive me for diverting your attention.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Joel3(m): 10:08am On Sep 16, 2014
electricity promises in nigeria started

Picture below

Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2014
we are fighting against very powerful saboteurs!

Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by EmoBoy(m): 10:47am On Sep 16, 2014
kaboninc:

Nairaland doesn't suc.k...at least for now. Just some users do!

This says a lot about the kind of youth we have today. We shy away from informative and educating topics as this. It pains me when I can't find passionate, real, exciting and challenging guys crushing a topic. Instead some of us are 'struggling' for front page!

I think Seun should divide this forum into: a kiddies forum, a frontpageonly forum, the insult and assault forum, the tribal forum and then the real forum!
Personally, I like to chase opportunities and train my eyes to see one. I think the government should try mapping out processes that will lead to the complete liberalisation of the power industry while also strengthening the regulatory agency. In Nigeria of today, with current realities and past experience, government indeed has no business doing business!

Take a look at the communications industry, NCC has no mast, no base station, no licence, nothing but today. There's a marked improvement in quality of services. So long as government owns a venture, its bound to be riddled with corruption.

I'll also say that there has been an improvement in the average power daily distribution to homes and offices.

This website is such a joke. It subtly reveals the level of unseriousness and ignorance that pervades the nigerian youth. The politics section that should be a venue where people discuss serious developmental and socio-political issues has been turned to a tribal bed. It shows that Nigeria doesn't have a bright future.

The federal government has already put in a proper regulatory and institutional framework for the power sector. It is left for the private sector to their own bit. Of the three sub-sectors of the power sector, the federal government has already liberalised the generation and distribution sub-sectors leaving the transmission sub-sector to the federal government for full control and management.

The government is now willing and ready to liberalise the transmission sector. This seems to be the most reasonable to do since like you said, government has no business managing business. But I doubt it would be an easy task. It is very difficult to find private investments in developing countries around the world and I doubt nigeria will be able to pull this one through.

We hope for the best anyway and salute the courage of the president for his resilience in ensuring that we achieve constant power generation and supply in the country.

Cheers
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by 360command: 11:17am On Sep 16, 2014
I shake my head for this country!
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by kaboninc(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
EmoBoy:

The government is now willing and ready to liberalise the transmission sector. This seems to be the most reasonable to do since like you said, government has no business managing business. But I doubt it would be an easy task. It is very difficult to find private investments in developing countries around the world and I doubt nigeria will be able to pull this one through.

Cheers

Yeah it won't be an easy task but the idea is even being considered. That I believe is a first step.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by kaboninc(m): 7:39pm On Sep 16, 2014
360command: I shake my head for this country!

Why?
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by 360command: 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
kaboninc:

Why?
because it is worth shaking the head.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by 5thNOTE: 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
sauceny: Ha!.....Same old story.
Obasanjo should come forward and give Nigerians convincing explanation as to what happened to the $16b he proclaimed to have injected into the sector,and now they about selling.
Gej is crazy, this whooping $20billion if converted, ist not up to our yearly budget? OBJ took 16billion, Gej has taken other billlions of dollars over electricity b4 this time, so we are having over $50billion in electricity pursuit alone, spent in one country and still the country hover around 5,500 megawatts and its just 10percent of South africa production. Nobdy dey pity this country at all. And i dont even see how govt is still inbetwen generating power and dristributing.
Re: Nigeria Mulls $20 Billion Offers To Sell Transmission Assets by kaboninc(m): 8:45pm On Sep 16, 2014
360command: because it is worth shaking the head.

Lol. That's funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NNPC Pays N85bn Into Federation Account / Liquidity: CBN Monitoring More Banks / Crypto Exchange, OKX Shuts Down In India, Advices Users To Withdraw All Funds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.