Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? (984 Views)

Fashola Visits Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church as Death Toll Hits 44 (PHOTOS) / Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Building Collapses (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 9:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Too many accusations, counteraccusations and denials have been flying around since the aforementioned building collapsed. Who do you feel should bear the blame for this tragedy or should be exonerated from it? I know nobody will be prosecuted persecuted at the end of the day.
Re: Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 16, 2014
In the first instance, none of the people who lost their lives in the collapse should have been there were it not for the lure and promise of fake miracles and healings as promised by the reprehensible T.B. Joshua. No prophetic powers are required to deduce that a building will eventually collapse if not properly supported. In serious countries he would be facing murder charges right now, but in Nigeria......he gets a photo-op with the Governor, afterall it is religion, "touch not my....." and all that rubbish. We should spare a thought for those who lost their lives, and hope T.B. Joshua is held fully accountable. What a tragedy all in the name of charlatanry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2014
Sarassin: In the first instance, none of the people who lost their lives in the collapse should have been there were it not for the lure and promise of fake miracles and healings as promised by [size=13pt]the reprehensible T.B. Joshua.[/size] No prophetic powers are required to deduce that a building will eventually collapse if not properly supported. In serious countries he would be facing murder charges right now, but in Nigeria......he gets a photo-op with the Governor, afterall it is religion, "touch not my....." and all that rubbish. We should spare a thought for those who lost their lives, and hope T.B. Joshua is held fully accountable. What a tragedy all in the name of charlatanry.
Reprehensible? That word can make his followers go for your jugular.
Re: Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2014
NIGERIALOLoCOM: Reprehensible? That word can make his followers go for your jugular.

Quite so. Actually the chap reminds me of another oleaginous cretin, the most infamous "jesu oyingbo"
Re: Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by BobNeli(m): 9:40am On Sep 17, 2014
Sarassin: In the first instance, none of the people who lost their lives in the collapse should have been there were it not for the lure and promise of fake miracles and healings as promised by the reprehensible T.B. Joshua. No prophetic powers are required to deduce that a building will eventually collapse if not properly supported. In serious countries he would be facing murder charges right now, but in Nigeria......he gets a photo-op with the Governor, afterall it is religion, "touch not my....." and all that rubbish. We should spare a thought for those who lost their lives, and hope T.B. Joshua is held fully accountable. What a tragedy all in the name of charlatanry.
But it has not yet been established that the building foundations are not certified to carry it. We realy need little time atimes to arrive at our conclucsions. So many people in the past had been left to shit their words for such rash conclucsions. These things you see, called misfortunes, they are no respecter of persons. Sometimes, they come to test faiths. Somebody in your manner of judgement, would have spat in Job's face as things went sour for him. With the accusation that he was deceiving people whilst his beds were roses. Remember, he lost all his wealth. All his children died. His wives left him. Sickness all over his body. Lost his entire reputation. It was a test of faith. Slow down a litlle bit my brother. It may not be what you think after all.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
BobNeli: But it has not yet been established that the building foundations are not certified to carry it. We realy need little time atimes to arrive at our conclucsions. So many people in the past had been left to shit their words for such rash conclucsions. These things you see, called misfortunes, they are no respecter of persons. Sometimes, they come to test faiths. Somebody in your manner of judgement, would have spat in Job's face as things went sour for him. With the accusation that he was deceiving people whilst his beds were roses. Remember, he lost all his wealth. All his children died. His wives left him. Sickness all over his body. Lost his entire reputation. It was a test of faith. Slow down a litlle bit my brother. It may not be what you think after all.

It is a question of perspective. State officials have already stated no permits were obtained for the additional levels on the building. You term it misfortune, I term it negligence and greed, the need to pack in more and more people, regardless of fire and safety regulations and buildings code. Recently we have seen people stampeded to death at church rallies, and others incinerated. Life is cheap in this country, and as long as there are those who will come and quote the book of Job as justification of avoidable tragedies, people will continue to die needless deaths.

Events after the tragedy, where church officials were reportedly barring emergency responders from attending to critical issues tells us, the church was interested only in salvaging its own image, even now according to newspaper reports relatives are still required to obtain permission from the church to visit their stricken relatives. This is not a test of faith, it was an act of gross negligence leading to the death of scores.

1 Like

Re: Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by BobNeli(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2014
Sarassin:

It is a question of perspective. State officials have already stated no permits were obtained for the additional levels on the building. You term it misfortune, I term it negligence and greed, the need to pack in more and more people, regardless of fire and safety regulations and buildings code. Recently we have seen people stampeded to death at church rallies, and others incinerated. Life is cheap in this country, and as long as there are those who will come and quote the book of Job as justification of avoidable tragedies, people will continue to die needless deaths.

Events after the tragedy, where church officials were reportedly barring emergency responders from attending to critical issues tells us, the church was interested only in salvaging its own image, even now according to newspaper reports relatives are still required to obtain permission from the church to visit their stricken relatives. This is not a test of faith, it was an act of gross negligence leading to the death of scores.
State officials have only demanded to see the documents empowering them for additional structures. They've not yet reported that it wasn't certified. Maybe at the request, due to the tensed situation, they were not able to find them immidiately. But one thing I doubt is if actually that building could ever have been under additional structures without certificate. Because, all the parties involved, are matured entities. Both the engineers and the property ownership are all aware of the implications of such an action. Morever, do you think that an errection could be ongoing in Lagos metropolis without the prying eyes of the state officials? Well, if that be the case, they too have questions to answer. Because, they are ment to be active, not reactive. It might also intrest you to know that you can hadly ecounter a story building in Lagos metropolis, that doesn't have atleast a six story building foundation. It was thus planned for future purposes. As for the rescue opratives against the church officials, it'll be pertinent to note that the shock of such an unanticipated occurence could put even the bravest of minds on the edge and perhaps compell them to behave antisocial at the onset. But I think they have given way for them after all. One thing I know of that man of God is that he is very obidient to the government of the day.
Re: Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
BobNeli: State officials have only demanded to see the documents empowering them for additional structures. They've not yet reported that it wasn't certified. Maybe at the request, due to the tensed situation, they were not able to find them immidiately. But one thing I doubt is if actually that building could ever have been under additional structures without certificate. Because, all the parties involved, are matured entities. Both the engineers and the property ownership are all aware of the implications of such an action. Morever, do you think that an errection could be ongoing in Lagos metropolis without the prying eyes of the state officials? Well, if that be the case, they too have questions to answer. Because, they are ment to be active, not reactive. It might also intrest you to know that you can hadly ecounter a story building in Lagos metropolis, that doesn't have atleast a six story building foundation. It was thus planned for future purposes. As for the rescue opratives against the church officials, it'll be pertinent to note that the shock of such an unanticipated occurence could put even the bravest of minds on the edge and perhaps compell them to behave antisocial at the onset. But I think they have given way for them after all. One thing I know of that man of God is that he is very obidient to the government of the day.

Yes, I am certain he's a fine upstanding citizen, the sad facts are that a building he owns has collapsed around his ears killing scores of people. Whether he likes it or not, he bears an inherent and intrinsic responsibility for the sad tragedy. The only thing left to be determined is the degree of culpability. I do not hold my breathe. Statements attributed to him where he is blaming BH, hovering aircraft, witchcraft, ebola e.t.c simply goes to show he will employ every machination to evade responsibility.

Quite frankly his utterances must be appalling to the ears of those who lost loved ones. I hope the south Africans who seem to have a better valuation of the lives of their compatriots will seek accountability, I know the Nigerians will not.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I'm Afraid That This Might Come To Reality. / There Is No Salvation Outside The Catholic / R&B Songs, A Sin Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.