Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,090 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:42 PM

The Gossip Queen And Her Latest Range Rover Sport.- Opinion - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Gossip Queen And Her Latest Range Rover Sport.- Opinion (897 Views)

Twitter Fans Starts Comaparison Between "African Queen" And "Ojuelegba" (PICS) / Genevieve Shares Her Latest Adourable Looks In New Photos / Tiwa Savage (doro Diva) Looking Super Fly In Her Latest Manchester Outfits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gossip Queen And Her Latest Range Rover Sport.- Opinion by RedEboe(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2014
So that there's no confusion:

Let me state here categorically that I am one of Linda Ikeji's haterz.

- I have serious biff with her.

- I am envious of her success, her wealth, her media power, her goodlooks, everything.

- She just posted a picture of her latest brand new 2014 Range Rover sport, and I am so jealous of her right now. My one and only 1996 modelled car has been with the mechanic for weeks...on life support.

GOOD, now I've got that out of my system, on to my write-up:

Those who knew Linda Ikeji from her modelling days in Unilag up to her shortlived relationship with an African-American OAP based in Lagos will tell you that she has always been the focused type. Never really exposing too much about herself.

Little wonder that today she has become a very successful blogger by not exposing herself but exposing other people.

Linda Ikeji is one 'lucky' lady that has relied on other peoples 'misfortune' to attain success.

Relatively unknown Linda Ikeji had been blogging for a while until she encountered a major breakthrough. A young Nigerian lady was raped by several men somewhere in the East, everything caught on camera. Linda got hold of the video, posted it on her blog, created a quasi anti-rape campaign and 'GBAM', she became a national and (to an extent) international sensation.
Linda Ikeji built on this,and today she's a multi-millionare blogger operating from a free blog site.

Right now, no one remembers the name or face of the rape victim that brought stardom to Linda Ikeji's blog. I wonder if Linda also remembers this poor lady and makes it a point of duty to support her financially. Maybe she's already doing just that, maybe she isn't.

Today, 'the Linda Ikeji' blog is one of the most influential Nigerian social media platforms, probably second only to Nairaland.

However, in spite of all its imperfections, Nairaland has atleast emerged as a viable platform for national discourse and social orientation.

What has Linda Ikeji's blog contributed to Nigeria that warrants us making her so wealthy? Her blog is a vessel for gossips, rumor mongering and occasional gory materials (videos & pictures).

Whenever Linda Ikeji posts gory materials on her site she solemnly invites her readers to come see what she's posted and 'weep' with her.

When Linda posts gossips, she invites us to come marvel or laugh with her.

As we (her readers) join her in weeping, marveling or laughing, her traffic swells and she smiles to the bank. Her readers remain where she left them- weeping,marveling and laughing.

In fairness to Linda Ikeji, her blog is not just about gossips and gore, it's also about the good life. A section of Corporate Nigeria has embraced Linda Ikeji, many celebrities have done the same. Linda Ikeji can make or mar celebrity careers, reputations and brands at will, we have given her such powers for absolutely nothing in return.

There are thousands of Nigerian bloggers who are real intellectuals and have great insights to offer society. But corporate Nigeria will never support such blogs/bloggers.

We have many entertainment bloggers out there constantly trying to highlight and tackle mediocrity in Nigerian showbizness, but no Nigerian celebrity has their time.

It's all about Linda Ikeji, a so-called blogger that has hardly ever written any socially relevant and intellectually sound article (in her own wriiten words) capable of generating inspiring discussions and challenging society. The few times Linda Ikeji manages to post her own original articles is when she's either defending some blackmail allegation(s) or showcasing her latest acquisition.

Linda Ikeji is not just a gossp Queen, she's also a 'copy and paste' queen and it's paying off BIG TIME.

Dear Linda, 'abeg' enjoy your 2014 Range Rover Jeep jare and please don't ever stop advising your numerous readers on how to become rich through hardwork and God's grace.

Afterall, most Nigerian politicians give us the same advise while flaunting their ill gotten wealth and we believe them, or don't we?
Re: The Gossip Queen And Her Latest Range Rover Sport.- Opinion by ogbonnajude507: 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2014
Eleyi gidi gan.real biff pls let's pray for Linda Ikeja before somebody will rip her of using her word.
Re: The Gossip Queen And Her Latest Range Rover Sport.- Opinion by Priceless24(f): 9:00pm On Sep 16, 2014
Ha OP, the thing is really pain you oh. Why don't you start up your own blog na maybe someday you'll stumble upon a video and hit it big like her

Re: The Gossip Queen And Her Latest Range Rover Sport.- Opinion by charles316: 9:34pm On Sep 16, 2014
Op, while linda was blogging,u were taking pictures and posting it on instagram seeking for customers.
Jealousy kills
Re: The Gossip Queen And Her Latest Range Rover Sport.- Opinion by 9jahubcom(m): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2014
charles316: Op, while linda was blogging,u were taking pictures and posting it on instagram seeking for customers.
Jealousy kills
i tire

(1) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson Shows Off Her Iphone 6 In The Most Seductive Way / Google Rated Ayeola Ayodeji As The Best Portrait Painter In Nigeria / Kswitch & Babymama Still Together? Check Out Thier Passionate Kiss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.