Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death (3702 Views)

Abdul Haji, Somali Muslim Saves Hundreds, Hailed As International Hero! / Man Stoned To Death For Adultery In Somalia - Pics / Humans Are Wicked - Woman Stoned For Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by KarmaMod(f): 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2008
May Allah the Almighty forgive her and make her from th people of Paradise.

forgive her for what
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by KarmaMod(f): 11:15pm On Nov 06, 2008
muhsin:

What I was actually saying is; that girl as at her age should not be stoned to death because she might be a virgin. BUT if the was not, then she commited what is called fornication. And please tell me what you know as verdict of fornication--commiting unlawful sex by a married man or woman? Isn't it stoning to death?

where does the law say this?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by tamai(f): 10:34am On Nov 07, 2008
Cayon:

SNAP OUT OF IT. [/b] This is not medieval times. THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY. We are talking about value of and respect for human life.
Its very obvious you are slowly going insane.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by muhsin(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2008
Cayon:

SNAP OUT OF IT. [/b]  This is not medieval times. THIS IS THE 21ST CENTURY.   We are talking about value of and respect for human life.  

And that changes along with changes of time? Funny, really funny. Religion is beyond that, at least Islam. Although I don't know yours.

tamai:

Good response.

KarmaMod:

where does the law say this?

Where does (all) the law(s) come from?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by tamai(f): 10:40am On Nov 07, 2008
[
tamai:

sorry dear,i was so incensed, i inserted a wrong quote.

can u imagine somebody actually justifying stoning a 13 year old girl?
what will people not do in the name of religion.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by tamai(f): 10:46am On Nov 07, 2008
Good response? who the hell do you think you are to pass judgement.
A 13 year old girl who is accused of illicit sex should be stoned to death?

God, i weep, not for islamic beliefs, but for YOU.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by muhsin(m): 11:03am On Nov 07, 2008
tamai:

Good response? who the hell do you think you are to pass judgement.
A 13 year old girl who is accused of illicit sex should be stoned to death?

God, i weep, not for islamic beliefs, but for YOU.

Ah? Its surprising that you are funnier than your friend. LOL grin

Why can't you understand a simple language? Did I talk in codes? Think even if it was you should have decoded it and got the gist of what I've been saying.

I never say that that girl should be stoned to death. BUT I said; had she commited the crime and as married or ex-married girl then she should be. With that am only widening the scope of the topic. BUT she didn't do that, as the report says. Then that action of killing her is unjustifiable and punishable. And I darned well know Allah, in his infinite mercy will not let them go unpunish, inshaAllah.

Am I out of that murky water?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by olabowale(m): 2:07pm On Nov 07, 2008
Muhsin: a person who is not married at the time of committing illegal sex, can not be stoned to death. I hope you know that from Qur'an and Sunnah. It is regardless of what the marital status was before the act. But it singly depends on what the status is when the illicit sexual act was committed.

The minimum witness you will need, and each as a single group must actually see the private organs connecting together is 4. You can see that this is a very serious matter, as the 4 "undoubting" witnesses will have to at their 4th swearing, each call the curse of Allah on his/her person, if he/she was not telling the truth.

Finally, if the accused denied the accusation by the fourth swearing call the curse of Allah on his/her person, then the accused will hve to let go, and not be punished. The community does not have the right to punish such a person, if thy are actually practicing Islam in the pattern of the Prophet (AS).

Interestingly, the witnessing of the four individaul witnesses, will not be acceptable, in the future, in anything because their accusation did not hold in the first place. You will see why people should not be sure of what they see, even if they were sure that they see it, since it is a matter of life and death of thers, and possibility of dishonoring oneself!

Allah loves forgiveness and preservation of lives. This is why we should not be quick to insist on taking lives. You must have heard of the prophet's (AS) efforts in many ways of trying to preserve the lives of the womann who came that she wanted the judgement against adultery. Even before the pregnancy was showing. But the prophe (AS) hoped that she would have changed her own mind, in a ll the leeways that she was given, going back and forthm as she returned many times to the prophet. Finally she was punished after her child was independent of her particular presence.

You will also remember about the man who in dialogue with the prophet (AS), was assumed by way of excuses to spare his live to have not really had "private part conjuction with the woman." Finally, when he wa being punished, he was reported by the Sahaba (RA) to the prophet that he said he did not commit adultery, because of the pain of the stoning. The prophet (AS) told them that they should have stopped and left him for the judgement of Allah in the day of judgement.

In the above, what I find is that a presidence was set by the prophet (AS), that even during the punishment phase, if a person declares innocence, the punishment in "stoning" should stop. Unlike the foolishness of what some communities are doing today, the prophet did not wrap the persons alive, first and partially bury them in the grave, o that they can not escape.

They were giving the full capacity, to "un and cry out!" When that little girl in Somalia said she was not going and did not want to die, she should have been left alone! She should have been allowed to return to he family and leave her case for her Creator!

Finally, not every woman is Aisha binta Abi Bakr, zaujati Rasul! (She was seen in two dreams as a gift to the Prophet). I know that there is no established age of reaching puberty. Everyone is different. At 13 that girl may not have been matured. She might not have been married. And if she said she swore she did not commit adultery, even if her status was married woman, she should have been left alone, hen she said dont kill me!

Islam is not a blind religion. I know. My bloodline, in many generations are muslim. mercy in islam is cherished more than punishment. Those who hope for the mercy of Allah should also show mercy on young, the poor, the noninfluencial, etc.

I wonder what Nigerian Muslims have done with the Muslim elites who are reported to be practicing Komulut, or stealing, defrauding, and evils that affect the masses?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by olabowale(m): 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2008
@Karmamod: « #32 on: Yesterday at 11:14:36 PM »

May Allah the Almighty forgive her and make her from th people of Paradise.

forgive her for what

Whats wrong in my prayer for her? Aburo. Rora. I will make the same prayer for you now. Even though, in my book you are a disbeliever. But I wish you well, at the same time. I would love to hear that you revert to Islam. Alagidi ni e.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by KarmaMod(f): 5:18pm On Nov 07, 2008
olabowale:

@Karmamod: « #32 on: Yesterday at 11:14:36 PM » 
Whats wrong in my prayer for her? Aburo. Rora. I will make the same prayer for you now. Even though, in my book you are a disbeliever. But I wish you well, at the same time. I would love to hear that you revert to Islam. Alagidi ni e.

Nothing wrong with being alagidi. Ekiti ni mi after all. grin

and you wont be hearing about a conversion to Islam on my side any time soon, Alhaji

My question still remains, why should she be forgiven? what was her sin/offense?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Cayon(f): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2008
muhsin:

Ah? Its surprising that you are funnier than your friend. LOL grin

Why can't you understand a simple language? Did I talk in codes? Think even if it was you should have decoded it and got the gist of what I've been saying.

I never say that that girl should be stoned to death. BUT I said; had she commited the crime and as married or ex-married girl then she should be. With that am only widening the scope of the topic. BUT she didn't do that, as the report says. Then that action of killing her is unjustifiable and punishable. And I darned well know Allah, in his infinite mercy will not let them go unpunish, inshaAllah. Am I out of that murky water?
Tell me, which of these two words (Dunce or Dense) best describe you? .
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:31am On Nov 08, 2008
Disturbing facts that need questioning:

That they:

1.  were Islamic authorities using the Sharia law in Sharia courts
2.  invoked the name of Allah to commit this crime
3.  lied that the girl was 23 years old and,
4.  lied that she was guilty of adultery
5.  lied that she demanded to be punished according to the law
6.  heard the girl scream saying " I'm not going, I don't want to die"
7.  ordered 50 men to stone her to death
8.  ordered nurses to double check whether the girl was still alive
9.  ordered the 50 men to continue stoning until she was stone dead
and
10.  that about 1,000 spectators stood bye while the assasination was taking place
11.  that No Muslim nation made a public cry out to condemn this dastardly act
12.  that no group of Muslims publicly condemning this act
13.  that some or most muslims on NL are giving excuses and are not outrightly condemning the act

The father of this 13 year old girl who came to seek for justice on those who raped her girl was betrayed when the Islamic authorities had to turn round and "called the dog a bad name so as to hang it".

Has anyone watched L. Jackson starring in "Time To Kill?"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d60_1225810680
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by olabowale(m): 4:00am On Nov 08, 2008
@Kermamod: « #41 on: Yesterday at 05:18:45 PM »

Nothing wrong with being alagidi. Ekiti ni mi after all.

Oraa. Oya oo. I have second cousins who are half Ekitis. (Iyin Ekiti, is where their mother came from).

and you wont be hearing about a conversion to Islam on my side any time soon, Alhaji

And this one we are having about the late young girl (ra), is not about Islam?

My question still remains, why should she be forgiven? what was her sin/offense?

A person does not have to have committed any sin to be seeking forgiven of Allah. The very sign of reverence to Allah includes humility, humbleness, and the quality of non-arrogance in seeking forgivenss when there is no offense committed yet. When a person does not commit a sin that he/she has planned to commit afore hand, that a person was forgiven by the fact that Allah protects the person from the sin. Thats forgiveness of offense which was not committed.

Muhammad (AS) used to seek forgiveness and performed long Salah and Ibadat (worship). His wife, Aisha (RA) commented why he prayed so much, when Allah has committed to him that all his sins, even those in the future (meaning they were not even committed yet), are forgiven. Muhammad (AS), responded, in humility to the honoring of his Lord, in a humble voice to his wife " shouldn't I be a grateful servant to my forgiven Lord?"

Muslims are encouraged to fast on the day of Hajj (Arafat). The reward of this fast is espediatiation of 2 years of sins; one of the past year, and the other is the year ahead. Kemamod; few years ago, I read a book titled; Islam their way. The book contained speeches of people who reverted to Islam, from other religion. One of them said that if he knew a muslim before he reverted, he might not have taking Islam. What he meant was that if he had looked at the behaviors of many muslims, who are "behaving Badly," he would never have entered the rank of Muslim.

However this man recognized that Islam is different from Muslims. This is the way I feel about Islam, separately from Muslim. If I did not feel this way, and if I did not know the difference from Islam and muslims, i would have never have spent all my life in it. I would not have invited my mother to become one at 80+ years. And then my young wife. Karmamod; awee, the door is open for you, too.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Nimshi: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2008
olabowale:

a person who is not married at the time of committing illegal sex, can not be stoned to death. I hope you know that from Qur'an and Sunnah.

If we neglect any moral arguments, the above is about the clearest position from Al Quran on this thread.

This doesn't happen often; but, olabowale, thanks are due for the clarity.

We could all disagree on anything on this thread; but theere appears to be consensus that the murder of a 13-year old is unacceptable, for any reason at all.

The murder of this child is tragic, even non-human animals care for their own; here, humans have failed; and they're hiding behind the thin veol of religion; that deserves condemnation, and justice.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by muhsin(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2008
Thanks very much, olabowale. May Allah reward you handsomely.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Bastage: 5:02pm On Nov 16, 2008
Reward him handsomely for trying to defend the murder of a 13 year old girl?

I try to be tolerant of all religions but whenever I come to this forum, I can't help going away thinking Islam is just a disgusting, inhumane form of slavery.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by babs787(m): 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2008
Reward him handsomely for trying to defend the murder of a 13 year old girl?

Did he do that?

I try to be tolerant of all religions but whenever I come to this forum, I can't help going away thinking Islam is just a disgusting, inhumane form of slavery.

I am not perturbed because you said that you thought the above about Islam. If you have any fact against Islam, you may table it and we discuss and not just thinking its this or that
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by focused123(m): 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2009
There are no justice in Islam. Muhammedan women are treated like domesticated animals.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Abuzola(m): 8:01pm On Oct 20, 2009
What a goon
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by focused123(m): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2009
@Abuzola :

Stop being defensive. You know what I am saying is true.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by muhsin(m): 11:54am On Oct 21, 2009
You know what you mean. cheesy
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Nezan(m): 12:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
This is a sad story indeed. When will Somalia be peaceful?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by muhsin(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
Only Allah knows.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by cooker: 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
this is so mean ,why are women treated as nothing in is-lam. the men that stoned a 13 years old girl should have stoned the men that raped a small girl, so that men will run away from performing that mean act .but no! the girl paid with her life, for no reason, is it her fault they raped her?any woman can fall a victim. so what are they trying to do ?.encourage men to rape women and in return the women suffers the punishment,that is so nasty.it still amaze me that women are not treated fairly in islam, still some women supports that practice. even if a woman commits adultery who are u to judge her? are u God?how can fellow human being take someone life. are they the creator of that life? i think only God has the right to judge.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by cooker: 6:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
God forbid this to happen to anyone, maybe thieves enters a man's house and raped the person wife then, the muslim brothers in that neighborhood hears about the incident what happens in that aspect, they will stone her to death? will her husband allow that? i just don't understand why people cant accept that what is bad is bad.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Abuzola(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
The western media are fast in generalizing lies to tarnish Islam and some muffon listen to them. Nawa 4u cooker
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by cooker: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
why will u call peoples muffon because they listen to western media this is a free world,i can think on own what is good or not, likewise u can look at things in a different way,u are free.so if don't accept my ways of thinking does that make u a muffon? next time don't refer other people as muffon everyone is free to do what they like,that does make them muffons, get that
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Abuzola(m): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
Sorry for that usuage, but you people listen to lies of this media , is so pathetic, how can you believe that the star is blue
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by sleek29(m): 7:54am On Oct 22, 2009
You all mohammedans should stop trying to justify the killing of a 13yr old, its barbaric, outdated, inhumane. Remember what Jesus said,Let He without sin cast the first stone, Judge not and you won't be judged, Whoever commits adultery, fornication is innocent until proven guilty by the only one who knows all things and sees all things and not you mere mortals, and by the way, what's the punishment for a man who commits adultery islam?
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Abuzola(m): 8:22am On Oct 22, 2009
See this mugu, and wasn't it the same God that justify killing of adulterer in the OT, christianity is a fraud
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by sleek29(m): 10:27am On Oct 22, 2009
Do you know the difference between a jew and a christian?

Do you know that you lack common sense?

And i'm not in support of any killing whatsoever, don't care if its religion or whatever, the fact is that what is bad is bad, there's no other name for it.
Re: Somali Rape Victim, 13, Stoned To Death by Abuzola(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2009
Wahala dey o. Everybody i want you to see how lacks sense.

I claim the God of the Old testament that gave the command to stone adulterer to death is still the God of New testament.

Sleek argue that jew and christian differ therefore the God differ. Hahahaha. Madness !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Muslims Tie Turban? / Masturbation In Ramadan / Can Women Be Leaders In Islam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.