Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,397 members, 7,954,575 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:14 PM

Rooney Hails Ferguson As The Greatest Manager Ever. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rooney Hails Ferguson As The Greatest Manager Ever. (427 Views)

Who Is Nigeria Greatest Number 9 ? / David Moyes To Replace Ferguson As Manchester United FC Manager / Ac Milan Coach Allegri Hails Taye Taiwo Progress! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rooney Hails Ferguson As The Greatest Manager Ever. by Solutioncrib: 1:20pm On Sep 17, 2014

Wayne Rooney has described former
Manchester United boss, Sir Alex Ferguson, as the "best manager there's been".

Ferguson bought Rooney - who was a
teenager at the time - for £25.6 million
(€32m) from Everton in 2004.

However, the pair fell out on many
occasions, before Ferguson finally stepped down as coach last year.

"At the time, I came into the squad as a young lad and there were a few other young lads. He brought all that together and made us world club champions," Rooney told MUTV.

"I'm very grateful for everything
he's done. It was a great feeling.
"Sir Alex is the best manager there's
been and for him to recognise my talent and want me to join this club was a great honour for me.

"He drove me over [to Old Trafford], just the two of us in his car. I remember being nervous but he was great and made me feel comfortable."
Rooney, who is now United captain under Louis van Gaal, expressed his gratitude for Ferguson's insistence to buy him back then.

"He was vitally important," the England striker said.
"I 'm grateful to him for having the
faith to bring me in from Everton. I think he's an incredible person and manager, the way you see his desire for the game.

"He certainly helped me a lot and helped us all."

http://solutioncrib.com/discussion/1905/suggest
Re: Rooney Hails Ferguson As The Greatest Manager Ever. by omokab: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
That's my club.The greatest club in the history of football.The club character,image and Goodwill speaks for it both outside and inside the pitch.Rooney is one of the best player in the whole world and now is playing alongside other top players with the likes of di maria,falcao RVP and other new signings.UP MANU!!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Drops To 37th In FIFA Ranking / It Is Diaby Again...after 556 Days Absence / NFF To Tighten Security On Fans’ Planned Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.