Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You (1292 Views)

Home Of Atheists, Freethinkers, Agnostics. / Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Fulaman198(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2014
You all seem to have deep thought processes that are able to critically analyze and assess situations. Agnostics seem to use their brains more often than their hearts (no offence to those that use their hearts). I think that if nations want to progress, they need to listen to agnostics more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Orunto: 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
The Mind is full of sentiments and emotions and Selfishness(wrongteousness). The Heart stores cultures and morals and selflessness(righteousness). So be warned of your Agnostic friends, they could worse than Muslims.
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orunto: The Mind is full of sentiments and emotions and Selfishness(wrongteousness). The Heart stores cultures and morals and selflessness(righteousness). So be warned of your Agnostic friends, they could worse than Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Fulaman198(m): 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
Orunto: The Mind is full of sentiments and emotions and Selfishness(wrongteousness). The Heart stores cultures and morals and selflessness(righteousness). So be warned of your Agnostic friends, they could worse than Muslims.

I'm assuming you are Christian, it is these very sentiments that I don't get along with most Christians. I have never seen an agnostic disrespect me for being Muslim, but a Christian haa!!! They think they are Angels of the world but yet from what I have seen, most Christians are the most bigoted people I have ever seen. I respect agnostics because they seem very neutral.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by onetrack(m): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
People who admit that they don't know if god exists are not likely to kill or persecute people in the name of not knowing, so at least agnostics are not dangerous in that regard.

4 Likes

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by AtheistD(m): 9:11pm On Sep 17, 2014

The heart controls emotions and sentiment. Love, hate all are from the heart... philosophically speaking grin.

From a practical perspective it is down to belief. religion allows very complex, confusing and outdated practices/actions to be manifested in todays society. A non-religious, practical mind is more likely to adapt to the challenges of todays society.

2 Likes

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by MizMyColi(f): 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
AfricanApple ma'am, you shared me hereangry

Seeing this post makes me wanna become agnostic cry cry
I want to be respected embarassed embarassed

grin

2 Likes

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by AfricanApple(f): 10:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
MizMyColi: AfricanApple ma'am, you shared me hereangry

Seeing this post makes me wanna become agnostic cry cry
I want to be respected embarassed embarassed

grin
Lol, I think u are better off d way u are, believe me as strong and intelligent as they seems, they still deal with confusion just like most people are confused, there is God, there is no god, there is religion, there is no religion there is hell there is no hell, na wa o
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Ymodulus: 8:08am On Sep 18, 2014
Fulaman198: You all seem to have deep thought processes that are able to critically analyze and assess situations. Agnostics seem to use their brains more often than their hearts (no offence to those that use their hearts). I think that if nations want to progress, they need to listen to agnostics more.

Agnostics at scard to accept reality for what it is.

Agnosticism is not some magical mid-way point between atheism and theism, where people who feign ignorance can hang their hat. Agnosticism and it’s counterpoint gnosticism, deal with an entirely different question, that of the availability of knowledge. Is it possible for an individual to know anything about the existence or characteristics of gods? Atheism and it’s counterpoint theism deal with belief in one or more gods. Not only is it possible to be one option in both positions, it’s necessary, absolutely everyone is, yet far too many people, afraid of embracing the “atheism” label, have taken to stamping the softball label of “agnostic” on themselves to keep from pissing off theists.
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Ymodulus: 8:24am On Sep 18, 2014
In conclusion country won really move forward if we have people who are scared of taking decisions or unsure
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Fulaman198(m): 8:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Ymodulus: In conclusion country won really move forward if we have people who are scared of taking decisions or unsure

I hate to say this, but religion has very little to do with a nation's progress. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Ymodulus: 8:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

I hate to say this, but religion has very little to do with a nation's progress. God bless Nigeria

It does.

Most successful countries in the world have zero or no religious tolerance

1 Like

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Fulaman198(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2014
Ymodulus:

It does.

Indeed
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by MizMyColi(f): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2014
AfricanApple: Lol, I think u are better off d way u are, believe me as strong and intelligent as they seems, they still deal with confusion just like most people are confused, there is God, there is no god, there is religion, there is no religion there is hell there is no hell, na wa o

shocked
cool Do you really know the way I am?
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by AfricanApple(f): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

shocked
cool Do you really know the way I am?
maybe I do
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by MizMyColi(f): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2014
AfricanApple: maybe I do
shocked shocked
coolTell me more..
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by AfricanApple(f): 11:13am On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:
shocked shocked
coolTell me more..
pay me first
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by MizMyColi(f): 11:18am On Sep 18, 2014
AfricanApple: pay me first

Here, that's my financial adviser handing you the money.

I'm that generous, right?
coolNow, I'm listening
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by AfricanApple(f): 12:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

Here, that's my financial adviser handing you the money.

I'm that generous, right?
coolNow, I'm listening
I know u believe in d existence of a god, though not the religious type but a christian
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by MizMyColi(f): 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
AfricanApple: I know u believe in d existence of a god, though not the religious type but a christian

I could write a whole list of the things that disqualifies me from claiming Christianity as my religion.
But that's for another day.

You're right hun, I don't do religion, yet I believe in a Creator.
Just not sure the one I believe in now is the same one life and mainstream Christianity taught me about. embarassed
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Tallesty1(m): 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

I could write a whole list of the things that disqualifies me from claiming Christianity as my religion.

Just not sure the one I believe in now is the same one life and mainstream Christianity taught me about. embarassed
Christianity in its truest form is not a religion.

1 Like

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by AfricanApple(f): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
MizMyColi:

I believe anyone who believes in Christ and follow his ways us a christian
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by AfricanApple(f): 1:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tallesty1: Christianity in its truest form is not a religion.
exactly
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Dygeasy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Which ultimately infers that we do not have many true Christians. There will be drama on the day of reckoning.
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Islam in its truest form is not a religion, but a relationship with Allah.
Buddhism in its truest form is not a religion.
Hinduism in its truest for is not a religion.
In fact, all "religions" are not religions but a relationship with their respective gods. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Tallesty1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
Apatheist:
Islam in its truest form is not a religion, but a relationship with Allah.
Buddhism in its truest form is not a religion.
Hinduism in its truest for is not a religion.
In fact, all "religions" are not religions but a relationship with their respective gods. undecided
The Misconception Of The Relationship Is What Causes Problem.

Is that just a moniker or does it have anything to do with your belief?
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Tallesty1(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
Dygeasy: Which ultimately infers that we do not have many true Christians. There will be drama on the day of reckoning.
Until that day.
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tallesty1: The Misconception Of The Relationship Is What Causes Problem.
Explain.

Is that just a moniker or does it have anything to do with your belief?
My moniker is not a belief-- someone called it an attitude, I guess that works.
Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by urahara(m): 10:02pm On Aug 30, 2017
Ymodulus:

It does.

Religion doesn't have anything to do with the success of a nation.

A nation can be successful and still be religious.

Take for instance their Saudi and co.

1 Like

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by Fulaman198(m): 10:43pm On Aug 30, 2017
urahara:

Religion doesn't have anything to do with the success of a nation.

A nation can be successful and still be religious.

Take for instance their Saudi and co.

That's correct, or UAE. The reason for Nigeria's lack of success goes beyond religion. A lot of it is poor leadership and our choice of leaders. We seem to adhere to leaders based on ethnicity which needs to be thrown out of the window completely.

Whilst it is a nice thing to still recognize one's ethnicity, I think it is more important for one to understand their nationality (In our case Nigerian). Without it, we can no progress. If we continue to see the next person as a Hausa man, an Igbo man, a Yoruba man, an Ijaw man, a TIV man, a Fulani man, etc. etc. (Ladies when I say man, I'm speaking in a general sense, I have not forgotten how important you are to a functioning society) we will not progress as a nation.

1 Like

Re: Agnostics I Have A Lot Of Respect For You by urahara(m): 11:14pm On Aug 30, 2017
Fulaman198:

That's correct, or UAE. The reason for Nigeria's lack of success goes beyond religion. A lot of it is poor leadership and our choice of leaders. We seem to adhere to leaders based on ethnicity which needs to be thrown out of the window completely.

Whilst it is a nice thing to still recognize one's ethnicity, I think it is more important for one to understand their nationality (In our case Nigerian). Without it, we can no progress. If we continue to see the next person as a Hausa man, an Igbo man, a Yoruba man, an Ijaw man, a TIV man, a Fulani man, etc. etc. (Ladies when I say man, I'm speaking in a general sense, I have not forgotten how important you are to a functioning society) we will not progress as a nation.

My brother u have spoken fact

(1) (Reply)

Why Do People Sleep In Church During Sermons? / The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds The Secret Of America's Future / As A Born-again,ever Doubted God?(right Or Wrong)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.