Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Rest. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rest. (398 Views)

Lagos Gov's Father Died At 79. Rest In Peace Pa Fashola! / "The Place Of Rest: Wasimi Chronicles" Gist Thread / REST IN PEACE! The Anyene Family. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rest. by williams20(m): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
Daily Anchor

Pastor E. O. W Peter

Luke 5 : 1 – 7 ; Matt 11 : 28 ; Joel 2 : 22 – 26 ; 1kings 5 : 4
REST

Merriam – Webster’s Thesaurus defines REST as FREEDOM from TOIL or STRAIN : Calm or Peacefulness
Rest doesn’t mean Freedom or absence of work, it simply means absence of toil i.e Reward for Every Labour
The difference between Work and Toil is what is called RESt
Matt 11 : 28 (NLT
Then Jesus said, ‘come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you REST.
It is not God’s will for any man to labour and not get results
The difference between those who labour and those that are Favoured is the QUALITY of their OUTPUT.
Rest always Brings Super Efficiency – A state where one’s output far outweighs the Input
Luke 5 : 5
And Simon Answering said unto him, Master we have Toiled all the Night, and have taken Nothing : Nevertheless at thy word I will let down the Net
It doesn’t matter how long you’ve toiled or the number of years you’ve wasted – God can and wants to give you REST!
Your Present Condition is not your Conclusion.
The KEY to Entering God’s REST is Obedience
Sometimes, God’s instruction is incomprehensible to the lay man. It takes obedience, not UNDERSTANDING. You don’t have to understand or be able to demystify It before you Obey.
Luke 5 : 6
………………………………….And when they had this done they enclosed a GREAT multitude of fishes and their net BRAKE.
Forget all the toil and bitter past you’ve had and look up to God time of Refreshing
Joel 2 : 25
………….and I will restore to you the years that the Locust hath eaten.
RESt is one factor that gives meaning to man’s effort
1kings 5 : 4
……………But now the Lord my God hath given me Rest on Every side.
May you begin to Experience Rest from All your toils in Jesus Name and Henceforth, Grace shall begin to speak and Cover for you IJN.
AMEN!
In His Service
Peter Ezekiel

(1) (Reply)

Need Your Help / Eid El-kabir: IG Orders Tight Security Nationwide. / Keshi Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.